How to post pics- directions and help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi! I see you can't post pictures. Can I help you?
Do you use the IMG button above the message box when you enter the Url of the pic?

Cstar, you need a different link if you want the image to work

the tags are [ IMG ] and [/ IMG ] without spaces... but I think the link you use isn't correct... it should end on .jpeg .bmp .gif or something like that :)

Thanks... I am using snapfish and I am copying the url and that's all there is, no ".jpeg" . I am using the IMG button on the message box. I followed the directions, but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong... do I need to add ".jpeg" to the end? (before [/img]?

.jpeg

I don't think you can post new stuff from snapfish anymore. I can post things I already had uploaded to it but anything new I've uploaded in the last few months won't post here. Try Photobucket instead.

cstar said:
Thanks... I am using snapfish and I am copying the url and that's all there is, no ".jpeg" . I am using the IMG button on the message box. I followed the directions, but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong... do I need to add ".jpeg" to the end? (before [/img]?

Maybe try .jpg or .JPG?

*tries*

EDIT: Nope, never mind :(

I don't think the site you use is providing you with the right link...
if you see pics used here, rightmouse click them, and you see that ALL links end with .jpeg, .gif, .bmp or .png (or whatever pic format I forgot)
I tried to make the last pic you tried to post in such a link, it said I didn't have permission to get to that link... so either only the person who upped the pic can see it, means you, or it just doesn't agree with the script..

I think the best solution is either get a photobucket acount (www.photobucket.com) or use imageshack (www.imageshack.us)

Galeongirl said:
I don't think the site you use is providing you with the right link...
if you see pics used here, rightmouse click them, and you see that ALL links end with .jpeg, .gif, .bmp or .png (or whatever pic format I forgot)
I tried to make the last pic you tried to post in such a link, it said I didn't have permission to get to that link... so either only the person who upped the pic can see it, means you, or it just doesn't agree with the script..

I think the best solution is either get a photobucket acount (www.photobucket.com) or use imageshack (www.imageshack.us)

I've used photobucket for years and am pretty happy with it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom