How to OFFICIALLY DARE U2??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think we should get everyone!! These people may be reliable. Because they want to get close to the band!!! They ARE going to wait for them. They are the best one, I thinK!!! Stample the petition on the ticket, or gum it, so it won't get their ticket dirty... Some of them may also want some change and that's the best way to do it!

They would be on a mission for all the U2 fans!!!

I hate to say it, but don't kid yourself. As soon as Bono gets close, they'll start squealing, drop the petition, and try to get a hug from him. Also, I doubt they're up for doing something that is essentially a criticism of the band.

We need someone who can be level-headed around the band and isn't afraid to say "we believe you need to play more songs".

Enough, Axver. It's a great idea!!! We'll conquer this leg with the Dirty Day petition, I thinK!! Maybe we could get an MTV VJ behind this if we spread the word. Let's go sign the Dirty Day petition 10 times in a row to celebrate!!!

I'd do it if

A)I had enough money to afford more concert tickets and

B)I didn't have social phobia/social anxiety disorder

I think having it online so anyone can print it off before a show and spreading the word about it would be great. If everyone printed it off, there is a chance that even just one of the Bono girlies doesn't drop it, or that someone who is just doing it because they heard about and is doing it for a laugh..they don't have to actually believe in it, just one copy needs to make it to the band before each show...much better than picking one person...there may even be several levelheaded people in a position to hand it over..all they have to do is know it is available to be printed!!

And, isn't it worth a try??

On this site alone, I've seen LOTS of people complain about the setlist... I'm pretty sure we could get their signatures.

We should write something official for the band.

Dear U2,

U2 is a big group that wants to be the Best Rock'n Roll Band. For most of it, you did it.

Now, a few (hundreds) of hardcore fans would like to challenge you to raise the level even more!! It's an official dare!

We dare U2 to

(or even just 1....)

Thanks for realising fans' expectations!

HUNDREDS of NAMES!!

Personal story here...

I'm from Quebec. I got to Banff, Alberta, found a job and lived there 9 months. After that, I did the cherries in the Okanagan Valley and lived an AMAZING group experience!! It was one of the most incredible thing I lived - shared love between 50 people, freedom and high spirit. I decided to head down to Mexico. Without preparation, nor money. Got there, got the little paper. Ran out of money in Puerto Vallarta (where I am now). I needed to find a job. Which I did and in an AMAZING place!!! I'm beginning to speak spanish and all. I found a way. I fought and got what I wanted!

My point is we can do it!! If we believe in it, we can do it easily!!! I'm not talking about saving Africa!!! I'm talking about handing a paper to U2... with hundreds of signatures...

How many U2 fans in Interference alone??? And with Zootopia??

I need support. That's all I need. Faith and support from people who want it too.

Thanks, QB, for the site!! That's the first step!!

Is there any way we can get that petition around before the shows?? Spreading the word on Interference???

I'm even willing to spend some time going on every U2 pages out there and write a personal message to the owner of the site...

We are September 15. I'm pretty sure we can get some change for the end of October, beginning of November. 2 months for the change, and maybe more, if the tour continues...

Thank!!! I'm already trying to gather people in the "foreigner zone" of Interference. I'll be working for that to happen!!!

Please, give me a hand at keeping this post up... I HONESTLY think we can make it happen!!!

Seriously kids, what you really want them to do is drop the ATYCLB & HTDAAB songs, you just can't admit it to yourselves yet. That's 11+ slots there open for far better songs!!! First step is to admit that they are significantly weaker, and that is why these setlists are so dramaticaly disappointing for you. I can read it through all of your posts. U2 MUST play a certain quota of 'the hits' every night. Not eveyone in the building is an Interference based U2-semi-rarity nut. About half the crowd on any given night will be p*ssed if they don't hear a few of the With or Without You's or One's or Pride's or whatever. That's U2's setlist curse and they have to satisfy the customer. It has always been that way and you are only annoyed with it now because the majority of the rest of the setlist is made up of the really weak stuff that has come from the last couple of albums, and it's left precious few spots for the cool stuff that you really want to hear. None of the stuff off the new albums satisfies those needs. The classics only half do because most of you have all heard them a million times before. Look at the excitement generated by the mere mention of Mofo's rumble shaking the doors of a rehearsal!!! Drop the 11 ATYCLB & HTDAAB songs, at least cut it down to 4 or so. Love and Peace & Vertigo off HTDAAB, Beautiful Day and an interlude of In A Little While off ATYCLB. What else do you need? All Because of You in place of HMTMKMKM? No thanks. Elevation in place of Mofo? Get stuffed. Miracle Drug instead of The Unforgettable Fire? You are on drugs!!! Admit it! The new stuff doesn't hold a candle and it's leaving you wanting.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

YEAH!! For sure, I agree. But, at the same time, I'm tired of seeing the same things again and again, after every tour, every show... How many times have they played I will follow. Not that I don't like it!! But, they could switch it. Rotate it... Pride. Where the streets have no name. Even One... I really want to dare them!! Even if it's only to bring Crumbs from your Table. Or A Man and a Woman. Or One Step Closer. Dare them. To move and stay alive. No, these songs, to me, don't keep it up to old stuff, which I would rather hear.

BUT :heart: I :heart: STILL :heart: LOVE:heart: U2:heart: !!!

And you probably do, if you're still around. :wink:

And I'm pretty sure it would statisfy everyone if they had LITTLE variety to their show!!! And that's what this IDEA is all about!!!

I'm pretty sure you'd be happy too with a little change, no??:wink:

:lmao: at Earnie's post.

I really wish something like this would work. I don't think so just because we're sitting here watching sets unfold. In July, I saw the Finn Brothers in Brisbane, and they don't have a standard set - the spontaneity was very exciting and it salvaged the atmosphere (the crowd were horrible and sat for the whole show, but the Finns made up for it). If U2 could add in some variety - not necessarily on that level, but just a few changes each show - I'm sure it will add to the quality of the concert for all concerned.

I just struggle to believe the band will really listen to a petition or accept a dare or change things.

i agree with earnie. look at how excited this place was when there was talk of mofo and discoteque. no way does this place get that excited if people find out stuck in a moment and walk on are rehearsed...

I agree. But, adding Mofo isn't that hard. Switch it with Zoo Station every two nights... That's cool! And it's not that hard!!!

I need to go...

I'll wish while sleeping!! : wink :

:wink:

$5,000 to RED CROSS KATRINA

IF YOU PLAY "CRUMBS"

Then attach a to the sign a certified check.

I'd love to see Bono refuse that offer. And I know the members to read the sings when they walk around

u2fp

U2FanPeter said:
$5,000 to RED CROSS KATRINA

IF YOU PLAY "CRUMBS"

Then attach a to the sign a certified check.

I'd love to see Bono refuse that offer. And I know the members to read the sings when they walk around

u2fp

I dare someone to do that. :wink:

It would actually rock if people would be willing to donate money to charity if U2 play certain songs. That way, not only do we get awesome tunes, but their performance goes towards a really good cause.

Zoomerang96 said:
i agree with earnie. look at how excited this place was when there was talk of mofo and discoteque. no way does this place get that excited if people find out stuck in a moment and walk on are rehearsed...

U2's music can't hide when it's live. If that makes sense. Granted songs like Elevation and Vertigo are good 'party starter'/'jump the anxious energy out' openers, but on stage played back to back with U2's back catalogue a few things become clear.... City of Blinding Lights may be defended as an updated 'classic' U2 sound reminisent of The Unforgettable Fire - but it proves itself to be not even close to the same level. All Because of You may be rockin', but rock is an attitude not a tempo and flick of a pedal, and people will cry for the sheer power of the anger and frustration in Mofo - THAT'S what rock is. Yahweh may be a pleasant simple little sing song for the end, but as far as prayers go, it's shallow compared to the torn soul of Wake Up Dead Man. I could go on.... but I'm telling you, you are walking away from these concerts and setlists and bootlegs feeling empty because of this! It's not like U2 don't always stick to a 90% 'the same' set list... but it's creating far more frustration this time around for some reason.

Zoomerang96 said:

I do:hyper:

It's just amazing that a band with a nearly exhaustive catalogue of songs doesn't mix it up... at all!! And all I'm talking about is adding 1 different song a night- and that's not even truly mixing it up. I'm not talking Party Girl, their staple surprise song. I'm talking Electrical Storm, throw in Mofo, throw in In God's Country, throw in Tomorrow ... don't even get me started to bsides! - these songs are "easy enough" for them to just add in, who cares if they are a bit off or if Bono stumbles words (teleprompter can fix that anyway) - the excitement and the surprise of giving and getting a new song like that will far outweight the negatives. I can totally appreciate their desire to create a certain mood or theatrics or "if we get it right it's like one song" idea. Totally appreciate it. But they are playing multiple shows in certain cities, and people are travelling far distances to other places to see the band once, and a little "A Sort of Homecoming" is going to elevate those shows!

In other words, I'm in. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom