How Old Does Bono Look?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How Old Does Bono Look?

Votes: 9 4.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 1.5%

Votes: 17 8.3%

Votes: 2 1.0%

Votes: 4 2.0%

Votes: 5 2.5%

Votes: 42 20.6%

Votes: 25 12.3%

Votes: 5 2.5%

Votes: 13 6.4%

Votes: 18 8.8%

Votes: 8 3.9%

Votes: 24 11.8%

Votes: 7 3.4%

Votes: 12 5.9%

• Total voters
I was reading a very interesting, smart and well written review from amazon.com, in which a fan says "Mick Jagger sounds and looks better than Bono" :tsk:. I think he´s right. I don´t know if Mick Jagger looks younger, but at least he doesn´t look 17 years older than Bono :(. Bono really looks and sounds old and tired. His voice, his terrible long hair, his sunglasses, his black clothes, his little beard, his earrings, etc, etc.

How old he looks now, that´s really horrible :sad: He looks at least 50 years old, AT LEAST. My old dad looks younger than Bono, really :yes:

Some honest advices for Bono:

1- CUT YOUR HAIR !!!!!. You shouldn´t use that horrible long colored hair anymore. I think a haircut like Please video would be fine.

2- TAKE OFF YOUR SUNGLASSES, EARRINGS AND BLACK CLOTHES. You has been using all that stuff since 1999, so it´s time to change your look, really

3- STOP SMOKING AND DRINKING. That makes someone gets older and older, and that´s clearly your case !!!!:sad:

4- Practice some sport: swimming, tennis, jogging, trekking, etc, etc

:wave:

David Bowie is 57 and he looks younger than Bono who's 44.

Dave Gahan (who went thru hell with heroine etc) is 42 and looks 35.

Bono my man, drop the smoking, drop the booze and cut that long damn hair. You never had a particulary fine looking hair and only ppl with good hair can pull it off having it long. Can you pull it off now that you are looking 55? No, you can not. You are trying to hide the holes in your scalp (quite visible from above) but that's working against you mate. Shave it or cut it like BD style.

And quit that D&G shades. Go back to that Black Flys Fly#5 (BD shades). It looks much better on you.

dandy said:
:yawn:

to quote the b-man, 'it's all sexy on the inside.' and frankly, nothing else matters.

I agree. He is also a very sexy performer and has that undeniable charisma... It doesn't matter how old he looks, that man will always have what it takes as far as I am concerned.

Can I just add, I think that Larry is beginning to catch up with him. Everyone seems to agree that Larry is ageless, but I dont. I thought his wrinkles were clearly visible on Jonathan Ross. Slicked back hair wasn't doing him any favours either!:ohmy:

I think Bono looks better than he did a couple years ago around the time his dad died. He really looked old & tired then esp looking back at his performance on the Oscars. But he is looking more rested and happy these days. I think he looks his age. I do miss seeing those pretty eyes-I wish he would take the glasses off more often.

:shame:

I just got myself the Slane Concert DVD and when I got to the Unforgettable Fire documetary I got shocked to see the changes in the band members. First of all now they all dress much better: those tight jeans were not cool at all. But then Bono, with that magnificent mullet and all, looked absolutely gorgeus and by contrast to what I had seen in the Slane concert (taking into account what he had to go through in days before) I had to sing: "What happened to your face of melting snow? Now it looks like this!"
Now all the other band members look better and cleaner than Bono with his new hairstile that makes him look like a bouncer in a stripper bar.
I don't think it's all due to his smooking, drinkig and what not: he also gesticulates a lot when singing so I guess it takes its toll on the skin.
Just one final advice: stay away from Botox, baby!!! :yikes:

Speaking about David Bowie--my daughter is a huge fan of his--she said she read somewhere he had a face lift. Come to think of it, he does look wrinkle free.

Jamila said:
Actually, being someone who is Bono's age, I voted that the B-man looks 35 years because BONO IS FOREVER YOUNG!:wink:

No matter what the lines on his face or his receding hairline, the LOOK IN BONO'S EYES REMAIN HOPEFUL AND OPTIMISTIC, his eyes still twinkle with glee, his voice still lilts with a chuckle and his smile still retains its innocence.

So how can Bono look old? :scratch:

Someone described Bono as an ancient soul with a true spirit, which is very accurate.

Bono is a Zen master, an unorthodox monk, a fledging angel - HE IS TIMELESS and thus, will never grow old.:up:

I look at Bono more with my Heart and less with my eyes. And I like it that way.

BONO, YOU ARE FINE JUST THE WAY YOU ARE! :bono: :heart: :heart: :hug:

That's a sweet post, but if you're going to answer the poll, please play by the rules. You're supposed to guess Bono's age not knowing anything about him, i.e. - not from the perspective of a fan who thinks Bono is 'forever young.' 'Forever young' is a term used to describe beauty on the inside, and Bono's can't be argued. But we're juding him based on how he looks on the outside, so vote accordingly!

-Miggy

"The lines on your face are a map to your soul " --Summer Rain

Bono, like basically every single hardcore rock star without plastic surgery, looks older than his age. This is what happens when you smoke, drink, stay out late, and globetrot all the time. But who cares? If Bono didn't do any of those things, we'd call him boring, and wish for wild stories of his escapades.

I'm a little surprised Bono hasn't gotten a face lift, given how image conscious he is. We all know he wears platform shoes to look taller, etc., so why not the face-lift? Personally, I don't really care, but it wouldn't seem that unusual, given how common they are for celebrities these days.

Springsteen looks great , always did
does anyone know about Bono's drinking and smoking habits
i thought he quit it , in 2000
like adam ????

????

I have to add that even if he does look older than his age it's so nice to see someone allowing themselves to age. The plastic surgery fetish is getting so tiresome. Of course we Americans are much more consumed with that than the rest of the world (it seems) and he's not American so perhaps that's part of it.

ponkine said:
I
Some honest advices for Bono:

1- CUT YOUR HAIR !!!!!. You shouldn´t use that horrible long colored hair anymore. I think a haircut like Please video would be fine.

Oh, for the love of God, no, PLEASE! If he had no hair, his face would look MUCH OLDER and draw more attention the wrinkles. KEEP THE HAIR, it's doing the most to keep him appearing young. Look at the Ipod commericial the way it swings around :drool: THAT'S rock and roll!

The thing that makes Adam look SO OLD is his grey crewcut. He should grow it out a bit and dye it blond.

I wonder if Bono's the next Keith Richards...

But Keith went thru hell with drugs... And that wrinkled face kinda suits his ugliness...

How come this forum had gotten so joyless? Everybody is looking old and, while we're there let's have a poll to see which song we all hate the most!

I'm off to listen to the new album again :)

Miggy D said:
Yeah I'm not a fan of the new hair color, or the new hair style. My favorite recent Bono hairstyle? The hair he had in the Beautiful Day video. But then he had to ruin it and grow it out to Elevation Tour shag. It looked really good in the BD video!

I completely agree - I really liked the whole "Beautiful Day" look. Too bad it didn't last very long! :-(

I also agree that it'd definitely be best if he stopped smoking, stopped drinking and got enough sleep/exercise (although I have no idea what his particular habits are in those areas). Mainly, I just want him to stop smoking! Pleaaaaase, Bono! LOL.

I taped U2's performance on SNL and I watched it the next day with my dad. I said, Wow Bono looks pretty good, he doesn't really look that old. My dad responded by saying that I have definitely been blinded by Bono's charm ;)

Sean Connery *is* the cat's pajamas and always will be. You know why? Because he is James fucking Bond! and that accent......

I'd say the same applies to Bono. He could be 90 and still be one hot mofo because he will always be Bono--the songwriter/singer/activist who is amazing...and let's face it, damn good looking.

:heart:

Miggy D said:
Well that's all subjective. Many women think Sean Connery is the cat's pajamas, but he's in his 70s! I think 'hottie no matter his age' doesn't need to be added because, well...if you think Bono's a hottie, you think he's a hottie, no matter how old he is/looks. So you could think Bono looks 50, or 40, or 20, and still think he's a hottie. You should start your own poll: "Is Bono a hottie?" and have a 'Yes' 'No' and 'Hell Yes!' option. :wink:

-Miggy

I think the shades make his face appear older and wider. He looks younger without them, IMO.

As much as I don't like this thread, I have to say it's better to at least have people admitting they think they look old instead of the cheesy old 'he looks tired, poor baby needs some rest, needs me to pamper him' lines again:sigh: Rest him all you want, he's never going to look 27 again:| But he's hot now too:)

Back
Top Bottom