How many shows are you attending?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Total # of shows

Votes: 13 4.0%

Votes: 61 18.7%
  • 2-3

Votes: 88 27.0%
  • 4-5

Votes: 61 18.7%
  • 6-7

Votes: 38 11.7%
  • 8-9

Votes: 23 7.1%
  • 10-12

Votes: 19 5.8%
  • 13-15

Votes: 8 2.5%
  • 16-19

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • 20+

Votes: 9 2.8%

• Total voters
Four--Philly 2 on the first leg, and both Philly shows and Buffalo in the fall. I'd love one of the October Boston shows, too, but I think my credit card might turn to dust.

2 total, 1 for the first leg and 1 more for the third leg.

I'd go to many more if it weren't for my wife buggin me....oh, and that mortgage too:ohmy:

Well...I've already seen them 7 times the 1st leg. I'm hoping to go back to Chicago in September, see a NY show, maybe a Montreal show, I'm seeing 2 Boston shows in October, 2 Boston shows in December and maybe going to Oregon for the last show.

Um....yea. and this is my first tour. I'm addicted.:help:

I saw the first 8 shows on the tour, including the Los Angeles dress rehearsal on March 26th. I will be seeing both Los Angeles shows in November plus hopefully Las Vegas night 2 and Portland.

I'm also hoping to see some 4th leg shows, particulary if the tour visits Brasil, as Bono indicated it was likely to happen, when my girlfriend asked him on the night before the dress rehearsal.

Seven shows; saw Chicago 1,2,3 and 4 and have tix for both September Chicago shows plus the one they are playing in Milwaukee. I wouldn't say no to other cities in the midwest (st. Louis, etc.) either if the timing were right...

Saw the first 10, going to the three Dublin and two Paris shows. I've got tix for six leg 3 shows, and will add the last leg 3 show plus the last show of the tour, wherever it is, plus probably a few others. At least 23.

San Diego 1,2 - Denver 1,2 - Chicago 3 all on the first leg.

Salt Lake, Portland on the third with a possibility of Omaha, Tampa, and Atlanta

I love U2 and welcome their tours but people who go to see them more than twice on the same tour seems excessive.

There are other excellent bands out there that could use your entertainment budget more than U2 could (assuming one only has finite money and time to spend on entertainment).

We should remember that while U2 is great they are not the only amazing act and emerging artists need our support.

withashout said:
I love U2 and welcome their tours but people who go to see them more than twice on the same tour seems excessive.

There are other excellent bands out there that could use your entertainment budget more than U2 could (assuming one only has finite money and time to spend on entertainment).

We should remember that while U2 is great they are not the only amazing act and emerging artists need our support.

True that going to see U2 costs a lot more than seeing an emerging artist at a club but U2 does not come around that often (usually about every four years or so) and the show is different every night. I saw three shows within two weeks and each was so unique, the changes in set list, sound and look the band can make in a matter of days is absolutely amazing. Then there's just the general experience of going to a U2 show, meeting other fans, hanging out with old friends, hearing stories, seeing celebrities, possibly rubbing shoulders with the band and crew. So while my MC bill is so much higher than I'd like it to be, I can't imagine trading in any of those three nights, or any of the three I have to look forward to in the fall.

withashout said:

I happen to disagree.
That's why I get to choose how I spend my hard earned entertainment cash. :wink:

Last edited:
have seen 4 already (2 Chicagos, Philly, and NY)

Will see two more in the fall (NY and DC). who Knows? I might try and do a couple more. As good as the spring tour was, I think the fall leg will be even better.

well I tried to add shows each tour, but have gone off the deep end:
2 Popmart shows
3 Elevation shows
3 Vertigo shows to date, with tickets to 2 more, and plans for 2-4 more on top of that = 7-9 total :drool:

the good news is that this tour has officially made me stop spending money on things I don't need! :D (magazines, apparel, snacks, a new Mustang, other crap) I just ask myself, "do I need this or would I like to go to another show?"

I had planned to see three (2 for the first leg, 1 for the third). I've seen two and have tickets lined up for two more in October and am buying GAs to both September Chicago shows from a broker in 2 weeks. So that's 6 total and I doubt it will be more b/c I can't travel to see concerts. Unless someone has an extra Cleveland ticket and I can hitch a ride...

withashout said:

I respect your opinion, but emerging artists usually aren't worth sleeping out on the sidewalk and waiting in line for over 24 hours. Like I said, I'd planned to see three shows and simply because of friends I've made and nice fans that have presented me with new opportunities to see shows, that number will double. To me, a lot of the fun has little or nothing to do with the band, they're just a common denominator.

Chicago 1,2,3,4 - worth each and every one of them

for the fall leg
Chicago 1,2
STL - come on guys - middle of December waiting in the GA line lots of fun for all :wink: - anyone who wants to join this fun fest is welcome

plus around 3 or 4 more if things work out - considering Vegas and Portland right now

and of course I can walk away from it at any time - really :shifty:

Last edited:
I have been to 4 shows so far on Vertigo, and will end up going to about another 7. Its only about evrty 4 years that they tour, and i like to make the most out of it.

withashout said:

There's only one band that I will wait in line for days to get tickets for. There is only one band that I will follow around for ten straight shows. There is only one band that I will fly to Europe to see five times. There is only one band out of the over three hundred I have seen that makes me feel a certain way when I am at their shows. The challenge isn't on me to support new or different bands, the challenge is on them to make me feel that way, too. U2 won't be around forever, but while they're here I will spend everything I've got to see them.

Last edited:
I've seen 3 shows in Chicago and 1 show in New York so far ...

On the third leg ... I'll be seeing 1 show in Chicago and 1 in NY ...

Total of 6 shows all together !!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom