How are the tickets selling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I remember in 2015 I attended the 5th Chicago show, and I looked the day before and there were a lot of unsold tickets in the upper levels. I expected curtains to be hanging behind the stage in the upper deck. Much to my surprise, I walked in and the house was full. I don't know how they pulled that off.

Not sure if anyone has already posted this but a lot of remaining tickets for the 2nd night in Manchester have been reduced. Upper tier that were 207 are down to 111 and some platinun lower tiers now 341.20 when they were at least 400 last time I checked. 79.45 tickets available too in the upper tier, not sure if reduced or just a new batch.

Not sure if anyone has already posted this but a lot of remaining tickets for the 2nd night in Manchester have been reduced. Upper tier that were 207 are down to 111 and some platinun lower tiers now 341.20 when they were at least 400 last time I checked. 79.45 tickets available too in the upper tier, not sure if reduced or just a new batch.

Based on prices for the friday night, those platinum tickets have been reduced from 481.20!

Also front block lower tier available for the same show on Eventim, no reduction on them though.

Definitely been reduced, I looked the other day and all the top tier tickets were £207. They are gradually being sold. By the summer it will be practically sold out I think.

The top tier front row is still £207 but the row behind is £111 [emoji23]so for moving forward one row you've got to double your money

Last edited:
Tempted by some tickets in 222 row A for Manchester but they're at the back of the stage and I have never sat down at a U2 gig and think I'd prefer to wait and see if any standing tickets become available even if means waiting until the last day or so.

Just had a flick through some of the American maps and the tickets are definitely selling. Lot less tickets from the last time I looked.

Tulsa probably being the most improved one. Only availability now is the two top corners behind the stage. La 2 has sold a lot more, msg 2 is practically sold out now, St. Louis is mainly just the 4 corners now.

San Jose is still the main one that looks quite bad. A lot better then it did. I reckon they will shut off behind the stage. Move the people that have brought tickets there and I reckon the arena will be more or less full.

I reckon come may most of these shows will be sold out or full enough that you wouldn't even notice unsold seats. Apart from maybe San Jose 2

I remember in 2015 I attended the 5th Chicago show, and I looked the day before and there were a lot of unsold tickets in the upper levels. I expected curtains to be hanging behind the stage in the upper deck. Much to my surprise, I walked in and the house was full. I don't know how they pulled that off.

I was at Chicago for the 4th show and felt the same way.

It was pretty much a sellout by showtime.

Just had a flick through some of the American maps and the tickets are definitely selling. Lot less tickets from the last time I looked.

Tulsa probably being the most improved one. Only availability now is the two top corners behind the stage. La 2 has sold a lot more, msg 2 is practically sold out now, St. Louis is mainly just the 4 corners now.

San Jose is still the main one that looks quite bad. A lot better then it did. I reckon they will shut off behind the stage. Move the people that have brought tickets there and I reckon the arena will be more or less full.

I reckon come may most of these shows will be sold out or full enough that you wouldn't even notice unsold seats. Apart from maybe San Jose 2

Yep, at this rate all shows will be sold out by showtime, which is exactly what they intended. The point is not to sell out in record time anymore. The point is to milk every last dollar, even if it takes 6 months to sell out.

The only exception is SAN Jose 2. I agree that they're gonna have to tarp some sections off and move people around.

Yep, at this rate all shows will be sold out by showtime, which is exactly what they intended. The point is not to sell out in record time anymore. The point is to milk every last dollar, even if it takes 6 months to sell out.

The only exception is SAN Jose 2. I agree that they're gonna have to tarp some sections off and move people around.

I do agree to a point but I still think the aim is still to sell out as quickly as possible, for the most money that is

I do agree to a point but I still think the aim is still to sell out as quickly as possible, for the most money that is

Yes, but selling out for the most money is taking more time due to the high prices. They can always lower the prices for the non-sold tickets, but if it sells for that high price then that's extra money generated. And apparently it is more profitable to have those high-priced tickets unsold for a while than having an instant sell-out with lower-priced tickets.

Obviously the hope is that the demand will be so high that people will buy at scalper prices on day one... but the goal is to maximize profits. They set those 300/400 section tickets at the highest level because that's what people were paying on StubHub after they sold out at the lower prices. And slowly but surely, they're selling out at every venue.

Just flicking through the maps for the American dates. Europe has completely sold out apart from Hamburg and cologne 2. Only a handfull of tickets left for these two though so they are practically sold out. The American leg is abit different. Just going off the ones that aren't sold out on u2.com

Tulsa - still plenty of tickets left behind the stage in the two upper corners

St. Louis - plenty of seats left in the 4 corners

San Jose - sold out more or less

San Jose 2 - a lot of seats empty , worse one by a mile. They are gonna regret adding this date, going to be know where near a sell out

Vegas - sold out

Vegas 2 - hard to tell from the axs map but seems there's still a lot of tickets left

LA - sold out

LA- 2 - decent amount of seats available in the upper tiers

Chicago - sold out

Chicago 2 - fair few seats left in the upper tiers

Philadelphia 1&2 can only find VIP seats listed so sold out

Washington 2- seats left in the 4 corners

Boston 2 - not many seats left at all

New York 1 &2 sold out

New York 3 and Newark I can only se resale tickets for sale so I'm presuming there sold out

Sold out/ more or less shows not listed on u2.com

San Jose/ Vegas/LA/ Philadelphia 1&2/ New York 1,2&3/Newark/Boston 2(nearly sold out)

Shows with seats left in the upper tiers but will be sold out come show time

LA 2/ Washington 2/Chicago 2/Vegas 2

Shows that are looking bad

Tulsa/ St. Louis

Embarrassing shows

San Jose 2

So there's 7 shows left that have a fair few seats left. 3 of them are bad ones. Still a few months left of sales aswell

Overall this tours gonna be huge again, especially with ticket prices being so high, gross income is going to be very high. Only gonna be 2-3 shows that they may have to curtain some seats off

Can you tell I'm bored [emoji2]

I really believe all shows will be sold out by show day except San Jose 2. Tulsa will fill up. St. Louis may require some fancy price changing to fill the seats, but they'll get it done.

Really though, who wants to sit in the upper level behind the stage? I wouldn't do it for U2 (unless I truly had no choice), and I sure as hell wouldn't do it for anybody else. Those tickets should be lowered to $20 or something, just because they suck.

Thanks for the rundown. I'm watching the LA2 market; I have GA for LA1, but I think I'll double dip in the end (if the price is right)

Well the San Jose 2 show called and they're running out of you

Really says something that even with last year's cancellation, St Louis still can't rouse itself to sell out an arena.

Really says something that even with last year's cancellation, St Louis still can't rouse itself to sell out an arena.

Think the fact it was a Joshua tree show and and e&i show this time round is probably what's making the In ticket sales. If they said they were performing the Joshua tree those tickets would go straight away

Think the fact it was a Joshua tree show and and e&i show this time round is probably what's making the In ticket sales. If they said they were performing the Joshua tree those tickets would go straight away

Well exactly.

Can't wait for Sting to register his 1,441st alter to explain why I'm wrong and everybody wants to hear the new stuff though.

As soon as sting gets the time machine working again after getting stuck in 1997, sure

Well, if you think SJ2 is bad (it is), compared to how bad the Smashing Pumpkins are doing here in South Florida, SJ2 looks pretty good.

The Pumpkins have very reasonably priced tickets (except for the pit), but for a band that hasn't had a major tour in years, the sales are terrible here.

Well, if you think SJ2 is bad (it is), compared to how bad the Smashing Pumpkins are doing here in South Florida, SJ2 looks pretty good.

The Pumpkins have very reasonably priced tickets (except for the pit), but for a band that hasn't had a major tour in years, the sales are terrible here.

Pumpkins sales are like that everywhere. They shouldn't be in arenas. Should be doing pavilions and larger theaters, some small arenas.
6-10K seat places, not 15-20k seat places.

Yeah, James Iha rejoining the smashing pumpkins isn't quite the event, like Slash rejoining GnR. I plan to see the pumpkins in Columbus, but am gonna wait until closer to the show and possibly pick up some discounted tickets.

I nabbed some Radiohead tickets for Columbus. You wanna talk about a band that doesn't tour to meet the demand... those guys could be real contenders on the worldwide touring level if they wanted to.

Pumpkins were not reasonably priced for MSG... Anything floor or lower level was $200, and even center 200s are that... I passed. And Iha coming back is not that big a draw to command that price.

I'm going to bide my time and try to get in under face day-of. They overcalculated demand, even in NYC. $125 + fees for the 200s ain't happening from my wallet.

Pumpkins were not reasonably priced for MSG... Anything floor or lower level was $200, and even center 200s are that... I passed. And Iha coming back is not that big a draw to command that price.

Yeah MSG has a top price of $166 plus a ridiculous $35 TM fee whereas most shows had a top face of $120 or $125.
Mohegan Sun on the other has a top price of $95.00, so I opted for tix there instead of Boston, ended up just short of $40 per ticket less after the fees and its a smaller building and I got seats right next to the stage in section 14, and its a Sunday vs. a Tuesday in Boston. Little longer drive but well worth it.

London 2 Milan 4 are both sold out.

Cologne 2 , Hamburg 2 and Manchester 2 only have a handfull of tickets left. All being the expensive ones

Back
Top Bottom