How are the tickets selling?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tulsa only has 40 tickets left for sale, theve gone really quick the past couple of days. Must be promoting it there

St. Louis has space in the 4 lower tier corners. Some of these seats are still really expensive, probably get dropped to sell the arena out completely

San Jose 2 has maybe 100-150 seats left to sell. Again they will probably come down and go over the next few days

Still plenty of tickets left in the upper tier at la 2. Prices have been dropped and they are selling.

Omaha still has a fair way to go but you can tell tickets are selling, stil GA left here though

Washington has availability in all 4 corners

New York 3 has a lot of upper tier spaces

Chicago 2 only has 100-200 seats left I'd say, sold really well over the past week or so

Looking at how tickets sell after the price drop and closer to gig day nearly all of these will be sell outs. If it isn't sold out your not going to be able to tell as it's going to be nearly full

Good post. As I figured.. the tickets will sell and every city will sell out, no matter what the naysayers here hope.

??

360 was 9 years ago and on the heals of one of the band's most successful albums.

Hardly a valid comparison.

Ok, you are right that comparing with a tour 9 years ago is less valid. (but 360 was after NLOTH, definately not one of their most succesful albums.) Let's compare it with the tour 3 years ago. In 2015, 660.000 tickets were sold within a day! Of course, many of those for European shows. But including 4 times MSG, 2 times Boston. The amount of shows in those 2 cities got doubled later. The demand was quite big there, and the band was promoting a new album.

I don't buy it that people don't wanna go, because they don't wanna hear the new songs and only the classics. There are always plenty of classics, and people who have been to a U2 show before know they always get a fantastic show.

But after 2015, U2 toured the Joshua Tree and now again the IE-tour. 3 tours in the US within 4 years! And then the huge pricing of tickets, sold in a complicated verified fan system. I think those are the reasons that many people skip this time. Many don't wanna pay 350 dollars for a ticket while they already saw U2 2 times in the last 3 years...

Ok, you are right that comparing with a tour 9 years ago is less valid. (but 360 was after NLOTH, definately not one of their most succesful albums.) Let's compare it with the tour 3 years ago. In 2015, 660.000 tickets were sold within a day! Of course, many of those for European shows. But including 4 times MSG, 2 times Boston. The amount of shows in those 2 cities got doubled later. The demand was quite big there, and the band was promoting a new album.

I don't buy it that people don't wanna go, because they don't wanna hear the new songs and only the classics. There are always plenty of classics, and people who have been to a U2 show before know they always get a fantastic show.

But after 2015, U2 toured the Joshua Tree and now again the IE-tour. 3 tours in the US within 4 years! And then the huge pricing of tickets, sold in a complicated verified fan system. I think those are the reasons that many people skip this time. Many don't wanna pay 350 dollars for a ticket while they already saw U2 2 times in the last 3 years...
When I say 360 came in the heals of one of U2's most successful albums i mean that it was the first tour after the Bomb/Leave Behind era - meaning they were only one album and 4 years removed from a mega smash hit.

They're currently 3 albums and 9 years removed, with an utterly embarrassing episode tossed in the middle to boot.

Noticed on Ticketmaster today that most of the Vip party package tickets for Omaha are now standard ticket price or platI’m price there are a lot of seats left for that show. I am hoping it doesn’t get cancelled. I originally bought tickets for Chicago but got tickets for Omaha this last weekend due to a work issue so now am selling the Chicago tickets

Nah they won’t cancel it. They might block off the tickets behind the stage in order to fill the rest of it. We have to remember that there were several Elevation shows where the demand was low enough that they blocked off the rear stage seating. Including 2 shows I went to (Columbus and Indianapolis). Nobody really thought much about it back then.

Omaha is just not the kind of place you sell that many $300 tickets.

That said, enjoy this show... they probably won’t be coming back to Omaha ever again after these poor sales.

We have to remember that there were several Elevation shows where the demand was low enough that they blocked off the rear stage seating. Including 2 shows I went to (Columbus and Indianapolis). .

Miami and Tampa had sections blocked off for Elevation too.

I believe the following cities had the rear sections blocked off for Elevation, due to lower ticket sales. Also I'll list the attendance, so you can see that most of these actually aren't bad numbers, despite the back of the stage being blocked off. Although Sacramento and KC were probably pretty disappointing. My guess is that Omaha gets some of this treatment.

Lexington- 16,642
Pittsburgh- 14,863
Columbus- 15,495
Indianapolis- 15,088
Sacramento- 13,789
Kansas City- 13,456
St. Louis- 16,051
Tampa- 16,494
Miami- 16,197

1500 tickets ,thats alot considering that most of the tickets are over 300 bucks.

Those scumbag scalpers will never give up ,they will keep buying tickets .
Is there even a method to their mass buying ,they seem to be selling the 40 bucks seats for below face value in a good few venues.
Those scumbags seem to just buy up tickets so as to take them off the open market even if they wont make any money on them.

If something sells out immediately, that's means lots of money was left on the table, and into the pockets of scalpers.

Live nation is taking the "can't beat em join em" approach. You don't see resellers selling out of tickets... They have inventory right up to and even after the show. It's just how it's done to maximize profit.

It still surprises how many fans don't think LN/TM and scalper sites are all in bed with one another. The O2 arena has a Stubhub office on their property. SH and TM computers are tied together(anything on SH will be removed once the bar code is scanned). In 2015 I bought a pairof row 4 tickets behind Edge's kids a week before the Vancouver opening on TM, that were previously on a major resale site for months at $1,200 each.

Madonna has also thrown unsold scalper stock beack into TM for sale at face value the days before the show.

The Paradise Papers leak revealed that "high volume ticket sellers" don't pay anywhere near the same commissions as "regular scalpers".
Canadian scalper's multimillion-dollar StubHub scheme exposed in Paradise Papers | CBC News

Say you have a garage sale, and it's down to the last hour and you have a few unsold items. At that point, you're willing to lower your prices and bargain with people just so you can get rid of those last few items and at least get SOME money out of it, even if it's less than you hoped. That's what U2/LN are doing here. They'll get butts in those seats, even if they have to lower the rear stage upper to $10.

The problem is it trains fans to think the habit of waiting to buy tickets will be rewarded with the best deals.

https://www.pollstar.com/article/a-case-study-in-pricing-taylor-swift-134137

Pollstar did a good piece about "long-tail" ticket marketing on big tours like Swift's current tour.

It still surprises how many fans don't think LN/TM and scalper sites are all in bed with one another. The O2 arena has a Stubhub office on their property. SH and TM computers are tied together(anything on SH will be removed once the bar code is scanned). In 2015 I bought a pairof row 4 tickets behind Edge's kids a week before the Vancouver opening on TM, that were previously on a major resale site for months at $1,200 each.

Madonna has also thrown unsold scalper stock beack into TM for sale at face value the days before the show.

The Paradise Papers leak revealed that "high volume ticket sellers" don't pay anywhere near the same commissions as "regular scalpers".
Canadian scalper's multimillion-dollar StubHub scheme exposed in Paradise Papers | CBC News

The problem is it trains fans to think the habit of waiting to buy tickets will be rewarded with the best deals.

https://www.pollstar.com/article/a-case-study-in-pricing-taylor-swift-134137

Pollstar did a good piece about "long-tail" ticket marketing on big tours like Swift's current tour.

That's exactly what I did for Chicago #2. I ended up scoring tickets for $106 that I'm certain the same seats went for $300 on Chicago #1, which sold out quickly. I also did that last year at the Indianapolis show, by waiting until the week before the show, I was able to score decent discounted tickets for $70-ish. I'll probably never buy tickets immediately again, because I know how to play it pretty well.

I think part of the problem with the ticket sales for Omaha was that that date was announced so much later than the others and most people already had tickets for other cities like Chicagoo. I got tickets for Chicago when they went on sale for presale. I didn’t t want to get Omaha tickets when they first went on sale due to it being so close to the Chicago date and my friend and I are too short to GA. Both cities are about 4.5 -5 hrs away from me, just in different directions. Another problem with the Omaha ticket sales is that Ticketmaster waited too long to reduce the platinum/Vip tickets and had WAY too many of them.

I think part of the problem with the ticket sales for Omaha was that that date was announced so much later than the others and most people already had tickets for other cities like Chicagoo. I got tickets for Chicago when they went on sale for presale. I didn’t t want to get Omaha tickets when they first went on sale due to it being so close to the Chicago date and my friend and I are too short to GA. Both cities are about 4.5 -5 hrs away from me, just in different directions. Another problem with the Omaha ticket sales is that Ticketmaster waited too long to reduce the platinum/Vip tickets and had WAY too many of them.

Well, since I posted earlier today they've slashed the lower levels to the put they're practically giving the tickets away.

So it'll probably be a sell-out after all . . .

Probably only about 100 tickets, there or there abouts left for Omaha, so it will go down as a sell out definitely.

Lower levels are a mixed price $170 and $325

There’s cheaper seats than that in the best lower bowl sections. When I checked yesterday seats in the rear of section 22 (probably the best section) were only $106. Today they are even cheaper. The rear seats in sections 19, 20 & 23 are now only $76. While the middle of section 22 has been reduced to $106. Bargains to be had!

Last edited:
Had to sell my Omaha ticket. Just too far away to drive, and a plane ticket and the inevitable two night stay was just going to add up. Plus, I have some work to catch up on.

I'll have to miss out this tour, but I have many happy memories from the past few years. Hopefully, this isn't the last chance I had to see them, because I really wanted to see this show.

Probably only about 100 tickets, there or there abouts left for Omaha, so it will go down as a sell out definitely.

Lower levels are a mixed price $170 and $325

I'm seeing over 600.
But they should move most with the new prices, especially on a Saturday night.

I'm seeing over 600.
But they should move most with the new prices, especially on a Saturday night.

I just counted 626 to be exact. But about an hour ago there were floor tix available and now there are none. You never know when GA's will magically become available again.

It may not be 100% sold out but close enough.

So as of 2:35 PM EST there are now 506 tickets available.

Not counting those magical GA tickets that just appeared out of thin air (as expected).

I haven't really been paying attention to Chicago, but there are really a lot of ticket left for both shows.

Sections to be curtained off no doubt.

Who'd a thought?

Chicago!

There really are! I imagine #1 will probably be completely full, but 2 will have some sections blocked off behind the stage. It’ll be interesting too see, I’ll be there Wednesday night.

For what it's worth, I was at Omaha and was pleasantly surprised that it looked pretty full. Other than a few lower bowl seats here or there, I didn't notice too many sections being less than that, other than the curtained-off upper level behind the stage. The upper deck looked really packed too.

Back
Top Bottom