Higher than everyone in the Cedars Of Lebanon,It`s The Communist Sun God Worshipers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just don`t,I don`t believe we evolved from primates ...
Let me put it like this,if we evolved from primates as evolution states,why are there still monkeys,that look like animals and not us? Is there a reason there still are monkeys and they haven't all turned into people?

I respect that. :)

I can sort of answer your question. Evolution is described as being like a tree. We are on the same branch as primates but we are like a twig that has shot off from the branch. This is the single oddest comparison ever made but evolution is also like Take You Down from the Salome bootleg. :lol: You have several things that would branch off into other songs but they are still from the same source. The Fly isn't like Ultraviolet but they evolved from the same thing and yet still exist because they worked. Evolution creates possibilities and opportunities that sometimes become more than others like The Fly over Ultraviolet or Lady With The Spinning Head. When something works, the similar species don't always have to join the most advanced. Diversity is promoted in nature. :up:

I respect that. :)

I can sort of answer your question. Evolution is described as being like a tree. We are on the same branch as primates but we are like a twig that has shot off from the branch. This is the single oddest comparison ever made but evolution is also like Take You Down from the Salome bootleg. :lol: You have several things that would branch off into other songs but they are still from the same source. The Fly isn't like Ultraviolet but they evolved from the same thing and yet still exist because they worked. Evolution creates possibilities and opportunities that sometimes become more than others like The Fly over Ultraviolet or Lady With The Spinning Head. When something works, the similar species don't always have to join the most advanced. Diversity is promoted in nature. :up:

I thought I had killed the thread :lol:
You have a point there,but doesn`t it say evolution has to have a source,or to become something else there has to be a starting point?

Maybe it's because there were specific places where the changes in the environment caused the evolution slowly occur in certain parts of the world but not others. Especially of theories of humans all originating from one point are true, then it would of only been a certain area where it occurred

I thought I had killed the thread :lol:
You have a point there,but doesn`t it say evolution has to have a source,or to become something else there has to be a starting point?

Yeah, everything has a source. Whales actually came from an early wolf that needed to find food in the water. :up:

Maybe it's because there were specific places where the changes in the environment caused the evolution slowly occur in certain parts of the world but not others. Especially of theories of humans all originating from one point are true, then it would of only been a certain area where it occurred

That's true. At the time, most of the continents, while still connected, were moving pretty far apart into what we see today. :up:

Yeah, everything has a source. Whales actually came from an early wolf that needed to find food in the water. :up:

Don`t hate me for putting this in Creationism terms,but it said that Adam named every animal from the air to the sea. They all started out looking the way they were made,and he just named them... Which I find amazing,cause people are finding these new animals and insects and how do they know what the names are? :eyebrow:

Don`t hate me for putting this in Creationism terms,but it said that Adam named every animal from the air to the sea. They all started out looking the way they were made,and he just named them... Which I find amazing,cause people are finding these new animals and insects and how do they know what the names are? :eyebrow:

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. :hmm: Are you wondering how people can identify what these animals are so quickly?

:wave: Hi Zee. Please get into our discussion. What are your views on evolution?

Lots and lots of education in the characteristics of an animal. There seems to be a misconception that it is an easy process. You have to try to get as much information about an animal as you can including bringing it to a lab for study sometimes. It can actually take quite a while to name and classify an animal if it isn't something normal. If it is fairly common in terms of characteristics that it won't take too long. I'm sure there are organizations in the science community that have to confirm and approve of the scientist's findings too. :up:

:wave: Hi Zee. Please get into our discussion. What are your views on evolution?

Lots and lots of education in the characteristics of an animal. There seems to be a misconception that it is an easy process. You have to try to get as much information about an animal as you can including bringing it to a lab for study sometimes. It can actually take quite a while to name and classify an animal if it isn't something normal. If it is fairly common in terms of characteristics that it won't take too long. I'm sure there are organizations in the science community that have to confirm and approve of the scientist's findings too. :up:

I love this discussion and our thread :) It's really mind stimulating!

My views: Before I got to the US, I was believing what my parents had told me. But now, after getting educated and talking to friends and classmates about this - I took Archaeology last semester - and we covered this topic extensively. We evolved from a common ancestor - not a specific monkey. Our DNA is almost the same as a chimanzee's, which means we had common ancestors and we gradually went one way and they went the other way.

It makes more sence now :)

Yes BD,do tell what you think about Evolution or Creationism?

Hey Wayne :wave:

My views: Before I got to the US, I was believing what my parents had told me. But now, after getting educated and talking to friends and classmates about this - I took Archaeology last semester - and we covered this topic extensively. We evolved from a common ancestor - not a specific monkey. Our DNA is almost the same as a chimanzee's, which means we had common ancestors and we gradually went one way and they went the other way.

What were you told before coming to the US?

:wave: I find the idea of evolution and creationism both quite dull and tedious, and prefer Philosophy over Science any day!

What were you told before coming to the US?

The beliefs of Islam - life started in the water and gradually evolved to land. But there are some ties to Christianity as well, but honestly this is where education and religion clash. But education is more "real" whereas religion is more fantasy and what people want to believe.

The beliefs of Islam - life started in the water and gradually evolved to land. But there are some ties to Christianity as well, but honestly this is where education and religion clash. But education is more "real" whereas religion is more fantasy and what people want to believe.

I'm honestly struck by that first line for its accuracy. :hmm:

But we didn't evolve from a particular monkey - as FB was saying, but we evolved from a common ancestor. And adapted to surroundings, such as becoming bipedal.

:wave: I find the idea of evolution and creationism both quite dull and tedious, and prefer Philosophy over Science any day!

Just a thought but isn't philosophy just science without the scientific method of experimentation? Philosophy is a hypothesis from observation. It can't be tested like a science but I don't believe the two should be viewed as being that far apart. Parts of psychology are just a hypothesis based on observation that can't be tested too. Look at Freud or Jung. :hmm:

Justin: :up: to everything you've said so far, I agree on all the points. Esp. to the bit where wolves evolved from a certain type of whale, Islam actually has a story about that and it's pretty believable.

Just a thought but isn't philosophy just science without the scientific method of experimentation? Philosophy is a hypothesis from observation. It can't be tested like a science but I don't believe the two should be viewed as being that far apart. Parts of psychology are just a hypothesis based on observation that can't be tested too. Look at Freud or Jung. :hmm:

Oh I believe them both to be worlds apart - Psychology, however, has a strong Scientific leaning (not Freud, obviously :wink: ) but with philosophy, it can depend. My particular favourite philosophers deal in the now, and empiricism, and both of these are quite incongruous with the nature of science.

Justin: :up: to everything you've said so far, I agree on all the points. Esp. to the bit where wolves evolved from a certain type of whale, Islam actually has a story about that and it's pretty believable.

Actually, you have it backwards, whales evolved from a wolf. It is still interesting though that there is story that would connect the two animals from that far back. :hmm:

Oh I believe them both to be worlds apart - Psychology, however, has a strong Scientific leaning (not Freud, obviously :wink: ) but with philosophy, it can depend. My particular favourite philosophers deal in the now, and empiricism, and both of these are quite incongruous with the nature of science.

See I have to disagree with that. Observation IS the basis of science. Experience IS the spark of science. Darwin didn't have genetic science but based on observation he was able to create the theory of natural selection and everything we are talking about here. It is the wondering mind that gives rise to science. That's why I feel they are closer than people think. For instance, the version of state of nature that Hobbes put forward is something to be expanded upon in later centuries in behavioral psychology. Philosophy is the idea before the science is there. :up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom