Help me please... I wanna go on a date with this girl soo bad.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shart1780

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Well, there's this girl at work that I'm very interested in. I don't really know her, I've really only talked to her once. I talked to her a bit yesterday and now I'm even more interested. She's pretty, sweet and seems to be different IMO (from what I heard) than most girls I know. So far she seems to have alot of what I look for in a girl (I'm not interested in many girls).

I REALLY want to talk to her more, but I'm finding that it may be kind of hard. She doesn't work many hours, and the hours we do work never intersect. I really only see her once a week, and even then I don't have a great opportunity to talk to her. She's kind of shy, like I mentioned, so if I were to ask her on a casual date she may be intimidated. She's also younger than me. She's 17 and I'm 20. She seems like a very mature 17 year old though (more mature than my 19 year old ex). This may also scare her a bit.

You can see my dilemma. I want to talk to her but rarely have the chance and I want to show her my interest without scaring her off. I'd love to just ask her on a date barely knowing her like Ive done with other girls, but they were waaay more outgoing.

Does anyone have advice on how I may be able to handle this? I'd feel really bad if I let an opportunity to date her slip through my fingers. She seems special to me!

Last edited:
Maybe ask her if she'd like to join you with a group sometime? Not a real date, but going to the movies with friends, or out for drinks...I mean dinner (forgot the age thing) with other people, something casual and fun to kind of feel it out, see how she acts outside of the work setting. If it works out, just ask her out :shrug:

I don't think the age thing is THAT big of a deal. I was 17 when I first met my fiance, he was 20 and we started going out a few months after I turned 18 and he was 21.

I'm 18 and miss imp13 is 17, so I know plenty of her best friends that are her same age. Often they really seem to go for a 20 year old guy (one is dating a 20 year old right now, another had recently a 21 year old), so the age thing might work in your benefit.

Just throwing that out there.

there's no easy or right way. you just gotta ask her. don't look for the perfect date, don't wait for the perfect time, 'cause it wont come.
it doesn't matter if she's shy, even shy people want to be asked out.
just do it, or you will regret it. trust me...

i get intimidated and run off anytime a guy i like talks to me, but i still like them. :wink:

yea, i mean you can do the whole chit chat "i really like you" thing which is the long way, or just go for it like DG said. and it seems like you dont have time to do the long way. if you dont ask you'll never know. ;)

dont beat about the bush

XXX : ask her out for coffee

if she says yes, then take it from there

if she says no repeat the last 3 steps..

generally girls would say NO for 3-4 times and then say YES

dont be scared of the NO

if she says NO for 5 times...then try somewhere else

i understood this after 7-8 years...i was 21 seven years ago...

AcrobatMan said:
dont beat about the bush

generally girls would say NO for 3-4 times and then say YES

Aha

That's where I went wrong for all those years

Well, honestly, I think you should go for it. I sorta know how you feel, but lemme tell you, from all of my friends, chicks dig the older guys (not too old, if you know what I mean...) but a small, three year gap is good. But, I'm gonna quote Sting here:

"Be yourself, no matter what they say" (... Whoaoo, I'm an alien, I'm a legal alien, I'm an Englishman in New York...) good song, go listen to it.

But anyway, just be yourself, remain cool, and keep some toilet paper close at hand (just kidding about the last one). Chicks dig outgoing guys, and a HUGE plus if you're a musician (i figured that one easily- guitar playing is almost enchanting- they stop whatever they're doing and slowly float, Yes FLOAT, in midair over to you...) But if you don't play an instrument, it's okay, I'm sure as long as you're polite and gentleman...ly... she'll respect and love you.

In other words, don't try this at home. (chill, I'm just kidding... I put this at the end of a lot of posts)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom