Help! HTDAAB virgins! Are you there??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm also waiting! Somebody may know me from u2-forum.de...
I hope, I will be strong enough!!!!

htw.jpg

Alex

VertigoGal said:
Canadiens1160, the t is nowhere near the x on the keyboard!

:eyebrow: :wink:

And yeah, it has nothing to do with guilt for me, I just want the experience in full. This is my first anticipated U2 album, and I want to do it right.
Hey you, a cuople of beers and lack of sleep and "box sex" might make some small bit of sense to you too! :eyebrow: :wink:

Oh good lord, a friend just slipped a burned CD under my dorm room door of the whole album. Gah, I went over and gave it back.

[puts hands over ears and rocks back and forth,"I will not listen, i will not listen"
:drool: :mad: :|

I'm still trying to decide. I never made a "virginity vow" when it came to the new album - I figured I'd just deal with a leak when and if it happened. Pre-ordering the album on Amazon and them downloading guilt-free sounds like a good solution... :hmm:

Canadiens1160 said:
Oh good lord, a friend just slipped a burned CD under my dorm room door of the whole album. Gah, I went over and gave it back.

[puts hands over ears and rocks back and forth,"I will not listen, i will not listen"
:drool: :mad: :|

I wish I had friends like that.

As for me... I'm out. Just started downloading about 10 minutes ago.

I know I know. I'm pitiful. It's U2, ok???

I am NOT going to download the leak. I've waited this long I don't want to ruin getting the album by already knowing it inside out (therefore just completing a formality by actually buying the thing!) I'll be there at midnight in my local record shop on November 22nd ;)

I don't know if it's been said... but I wish I would have waited for the CD. The quality of the download is garbage compared to what it will be like on the CD. Some people don't care about quality, but I do. You can tell the difference between an mp3 and a CD.

Hey I gotta lot of respect for all you virgins out there waiting for the Wedding Night.......:drool:

I've been a bit of a slut and downloaded a few tracks but I've made a point not to download some of the biggies. But I'm gonna save my orgasm for the Wedding Night too.....................I'll be a born again virgin then..:sexywink:

To me, nothing was more disappointing than when I listened to the leaks of ATYCLB. I loved them, and loved the songs, but when the release date came, there was no excitement. I made it to the store, and didn't even listen to the album immeidately.

I swore I'd never do that again.

I'm going to rush to the store on the 23rd, bring it home, put it on my living room stereo, crank it, and just sit there for an hour and enjoy it all for the first time (except Vertigo of course).

No downloading leaks for me. No pressure. No problem.

i think im going 2 d/l it but im not going 2 listen 2 alll of it, just the songs that was playd on totps which weve already heard

Nope. I am not touching this with a 10-ft pole. I am not an offically declared "virgin" onhere but fact is I am. I onlu heard 3 of the Mangled Beach MP3's in August. I swear:)

I had plenty of praqctice at the waiitng game/"Not being spoiled" for 3 yrs with regards toa Lord of the Rings website. Even now as I refuse to look at pics or see reviews of the Return of the King Special Edition (with the 50 minutes of new film footage!)

Great practice for stamina.

I can wait 2 more weeks.

Those of you contemplating losing your album virginity:

The quality of these songs is the best. 200kbs!! CD quality! Go ahead and download em. Just make sure you buy the album or else!!

I'm holding out. I don't have the patience or the know-how to download the entire album plus there's just something so fantastic about opening the CD up in the Tower parking lot and popping the disc into the player while flipping through the liner notes.

ha i downloaded it and its been 5 minutes and i havent cracked.......... yet

i've been holding out from downloading the leaks. I've heard the live stuff (from top of the pops, and from the apple announcement), but I've stayed away from the leaks. Which is really surprising, cause last time around with ATYCLB, I downloaded all the songs the second I saw them online. I guess I just want to do it differently this time around. It's very hard though. It's like this battle is going on inside of me. Trying to fight the urges. I need some help. The question is, to download or not to download...

I was going to wait until the 23rd to hear it, but you figure... the computer quality probably isn't as good as on the actual CD and nothing can copmare to hearing the CD when it is in your posession so I think this is basically a preview. I preordered a month ago and U2 will get my money b/c I will order tickets and the single and special edition everything so what the hell....Hey guys, I tried but I also talked myself out os resistance.

I have no morals

U2girl91289 said:

I have no morals

That's not it at all. You have no willpower, not no morals. ;) There's a big difference. I'm sure that a lot of us wish it didn't leak, that we'd be listening to it for the first time on the official release date.

We can't help it. It's human nature to want things when we see them. Some are just better at surpressing that than others.

ok ten minutes and i cracked, i couldnt help myself!!!

ive listend 2 mirical drug once and thats it, i figured id give myself a b'day prezzie and listen 2 one song... and kennerado said this one would b a good one 2 listen 2.................

omg beautiful song, i nearly cried! :D

I really don't understand all this self-torture...

As long as you buy the cd when it comes out there's nothing wrong to download the album and listen to it.

It's just the same, only two weeks earlier.

I just don't get it. Sorry. :shrug:

:macdevil: Come to the dark side!

:mac: You won't regret it! This album is amazing... could be amoung U2's best.... think about it, you could be minutes away from hearing the best tunes you've heard in years!

MUUUHHHHHHAAAAAAAHHHHHHAAAAAHHHAAAAAAAAAA!

:wink:

quadcaster said:
ok ten minutes and i cracked, i couldnt help myself!!!

ive listend 2 mirical drug once and thats it, i figured id give myself a b'day prezzie and listen 2 one song... and kennerado said this one would b a good one 2 listen 2.................

omg beautiful song, i nearly cried! :D

Quadcaster, you have to listen to original of the species!!!!

Doooooo it!

MUUUHHHHAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAHAAAAAA! :mac:

:wink:

what a bomb! said:
c'mon! break your HTDAAB h****s :angel:

:mac: :mac: :mac: I don't think these so-called :angel: are even real U2 fans... I mean really, they've been waiting over 4 F-ing years and they won't listen to the album??? They don't sound like real fans to me!!!!

The album is amazing.... listen, dooooo it!!! :mac:

MUUUUUHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAAAA!

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Yes, I'm still waiting, and I want it to be legal!

I spent this evening watching Zoo Sydney, which I hadn't watched for ages. I loved it, and I am still morally pure.:wink:

I cracked and asked layla to e-mail me one song I was really curious about :reject:

I've heard the live versions of a few songs and AYGWF, so maybe HTDAAB got to second base with me, but technically I'm still a virgin :lol:

btw, I pre-ordered the collector's edition and the import single :)

No more downloading for me, just needed a little taste for now :reject:

Last edited:
GibsonGirl said:

That's not it at all. You have no willpower, not no morals. ;) There's a big difference. I'm sure that a lot of us wish it didn't leak, that we'd be listening to it for the first time on the official release date.

We can't help it. It's human nature to want things when we see them. Some are just better at surpressing that than others.

I'm only sort of bad at suppressing it! I only listened to MD and LaPOE but I wasn't paying thaaat much attention like I will when I actually have the album in my possession because I was ready other threads here. so actually, I'm almost a HTDAAB virgin. Sort of.

The song is the song, whether it's recorded by a Spaniard with a microphone hidden in his butt or an Irish guy standing outside the studio with a mic recording 53 seconds of ABOY. Plus, a performance of ABOY and COBL at the TOTP. The clips of MD and LAPOE have been out for months. The song is still the song, so that's my rationale.

That's why i downloaded those 4 songs because I didn't have the willpower not to download those crappy leaks in the first place but it's all I've known about them for a long while, so what is the diffence really? That's how I sort of looked at it.

Add to that Vertigo, and that's 5 tracks I have heard and will suffice until the 23rd. So I get 6 new tracks I haven't heard plus a DVD on the 23rd, best of both worlds.

It's probably going to air here on radio before it's in the stores, as it will everywhere probably. Will I have the willpower not to listen? I'm going to try. But at this moment, I have a lot to look forward to, even still.

That's the way I rationalize it. I haven't heard a 'virgin' U2 album since 1993, heard 5 songs from POP before it was out and it didn't ruin my first listening experience. Got the whole ATYCLB album before it was out, and it made that release really anti-climatic.

This time I am just going to pretend that I heard these songs on the radio like I did on POP when I heard Disco, DYFL, SATS, Please and Mofo on local radio. I still had a great release day back in 1997.

Just putting that out there for those who might feel the same way. Hopefully I won't cave in. I'm surprised I haven't already.

Gotta have something to look forward to, it's going to be a fun day.

Back
Top Bottom