Hell For Certain, Kentucky Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
flatlinerk7.jpg

Oh God, Screwtape, stop being humourless. I come back and find all this stuff I have to trudge through ...

Screwtape2 said:
Well you are wrong. I will not let LemonMelon's entry compete. Last time I checked Phanan and I were running it not you. When that happened the rules became a matter of what we believed them to mean. It is up to Phanan and I. Not you.

This is thoroughly wrong. This edition is being run by phanan and formerly you, for two reasons: 1. I am not a premium member, so I cannot make polls, and 2. I did not wish to run this edition anyway, so I have been happy to delegate the task to phanan. I will run the fifth edition if I like, or if I cannot due to previously stated reason #1, I will let it be run by somebody who I trust to interpret the rules as they were meant to be interpreted - which means you can forget playing any role if you keep up this "I WON'T LET IT COMPETE! :footstomp:" act.

And surely you of all people understand the concept of authorial intent. The authorial intent behind the rules does not change just because somebody different is maintaining the game. Otherwise rulebooks the world over are fucked. If the author of the rules says something is permissible within both letter and spirit of them, then the author is right. Don't be so arrogant as to think you can interpret the authorial intent better than the author.

hey ax, check out the picture on the previous page, see if you can spot what hardy has but ian hasn't.

soooooooooo remember the yale abortion art? the dean of yale art school is scheduled to receive an honorary degree at my graduation.

Axver said:

This is thoroughly wrong. This edition is being run by phanan and formerly you, for two reasons: 1. I am not a premium member, so I cannot make polls, and 2. I did not wish to run this edition anyway, so I have been happy to delegate the task to phanan. I will run the fifth edition if I like, or if I cannot due to previously stated reason #1, I will let it be run by somebody who I trust to interpret the rules as they were meant to be interpreted - which means you can forget playing any role if you keep up this "I WON'T LET IT COMPETE! :footstomp:" act.

And surely you of all people understand the concept of authorial intent. The authorial intent behind the rules does not change just because somebody different is maintaining the game. Otherwise rulebooks the world over are fucked. If the author of the rules says something is permissible within both letter and spirit of them, then the author is right. Don't be so arrogant as to think you can interpret the authorial intent better than the author.

:applaud: Thanks for standing up for me (and DI as a whole, of course), Axver. I did a solid job of handling him in your absence :wink: but I still appreciate the effort.

Varitek said:
hey ax, check out the picture on the previous page, see if you can spot what hardy has but ian hasn't.

Has someone forgotten I'm nearly legally blind? Of course I can't spot it! :lol:

Which runner is the one I should be looking at?

Oh, and I forgot to mention this earlier; I fully intend on doing a U2 cartoon where a member of the band (haven't chosen yet, probably Larry), joins the Desert Island competition. Not sure where to take this without it getting vitriolic, but it's a great idea, and people LOVE the episodes that directly reference the forum.

LemonMelon said:

:applaud: Thanks for standing up for me (and DI as a whole, of course), Axver. I did a solid job of handling him in your absence :wink: but I still appreciate the effort.

someone give me a summary of what this is a response to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom