Hawaii December 9th, Aloha Stadium, Part XVII Cont'd...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
topherchris9 said:

This place is great if all you are going to do is go to the show, the memorials and the swap meet. It's not anywhere near within walking distance to the major tourist area (Waikiki), good shoppin or nice beaches. The part of town it is in, well, is a little bit ghetto.
BUT, if you're down for taking TheBus ($2 each way), it's probably about a 40 min ride into Waikiki.
I'd be wary.
Some cut rate hotels in Waikiki are:
Ocean Resort
Aqua Bamboo
Waikiki Joy
ResortQuest (sometimes)
Waikiki Circle Hotel
I'd check on Expedia and the other sites and shop around. Just my opinion.
Do you know anything about the Waikiki Sand Villa? I was looking for something really cheap (under $130) and centrally located, so I went ahead and booked a room there for my 5 nights. It has mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, but I'm not lookig for anything fancy. I just want it to be clean and in a good location. Is it a decent place or would you advise me to switch to someplace else?

Thanks. :wink:

mads said:

Do you know anything about the Waikiki Sand Villa? I was looking for something really cheap (under $130) and centrally located, so I went ahead and booked a room there for my 5 nights. It has mixed reviews on TripAdvisor, but I'm not lookig for anything fancy. I just want it to be clean and in a good location. Is it a decent place or would you advise me to switch to someplace else?

Thanks. :wink:

I'm staying there from the 2nd until the 7th and then move into Outrigger Waikiki for a few nights. Their rates are higher during that part of the week so I figured if I am going to spend more money, I better get better digs.

Anyway, in April, about 5-10 of the Zootops stayed there including myself and enjoyed it. One of the reviews you read on Tripadvisor was probably mine. I'm the one complaining about people who expect the world when paying a low price for a room.

Yes, it is a simple place, kind of old but clean, friendly and close to everything. Coffee, juice and danish complimentary breakfast if you are an early riser. It has an free internet room for keeping in touch with friends. Great little bar in the lobby along with a little Japanese snack place. The parking is only $10/day, one of the cheapest in Waikiki. The staff was very friendly and helpful with information. Also, they have a room to keep your luggage for you if your flight leaves late in the day so you can still enjoy your last day in Waikiki without worrying about your stuff.

I enjoyed it so much, I am staying there again. If you are comfortable with the basics, you will like it.

Trev, I just wanted to say thank you to you for all the wonderful helpful information that you have been sharing with us all. It is so appreciated. I can't wait to meet you and give you a hug to personally thank you. :hug:

skjuls said:

Great, my roommates are STRANGE!!!!
c020.gif

trevster2k said:

I'm staying there from the 2nd until the 7th and then move into Outrigger Waikiki for a few nights. Their rates are higher during that part of the week so I figured if I am going to spend more money, I better get better digs.

Anyway, in April, about 5-10 of the Zootops stayed there including myself and enjoyed it. One of the reviews you read on Tripadvisor was probably mine. I'm the one complaining about people who expect the world when paying a low price for a room.

Yes, it is a simple place, kind of old but clean, friendly and close to everything. Coffee, juice and danish complimentary breakfast if you are an early riser. It has an free internet room for keeping in touch with friends. Great little bar in the lobby along with a little Japanese snack place. The parking is only $10/day, one of the cheapest in Waikiki. The staff was very friendly and helpful with information. Also, they have a room to keep your luggage for you if your flight leaves late in the day so you can still enjoy your last day in Waikiki without worrying about your stuff.

I enjoyed it so much, I am staying there again. If you are comfortable with the basics, you will like it.

I had forgotten about this hotel. Some friends of mine stayed here when vacationing last summer and they liked it too. It seems a lot of students were there and the bar in the hotel was actually a lot of fun with good bar food and cheap drinks. All the internet stations have webcams, which was a nice touch. I'd recommend it too, centrally located and within walking distance to everything in Waikiki, clean and the rates are hard to beat.
I do recommend making a choice soon on your hotels, the rates will most likely not go any lower than you are finding today. We're starting to fill up around here for the Marathon, I know the hotel I work at is already sold out over that weekend.

topherchris9 said:

This place is great if all you are going to do is go to the show, the memorials and the swap meet. It's not anywhere near within walking distance to the major tourist area (Waikiki), good shoppin or nice beaches.

exactly...
I'm only staying there from the 8th to the 10th and then I'll stay in Waikiki.

I figure the night of the 8th will be short (early wake-up to wait in line) and the 9th the show will HOPEFULLY end pretty late, so I won't be stuck in the "ghetto area" too long!

I wouldn't spend the whole stay there at all though... it wouldn't be the Hawaii experience!! :)

hey all...I've been gone for too long ;) hehe

Anyone staying at the Harbor Arms Hotel ? I was looking into that place since it seems close to Aloha Stadium.

ALOHA// ALOHA//

macfesto said:

Anyone staying at the Harbor Arms Hotel ? I was looking into that place since it seems close to Aloha Stadium.

cool, that one is right next door to Harbor Shores.

Did you get a quote on how much it would be per night?

Harbor Shores' rate per night is $105 for one or two persons, plus $5 for each additional persons, plus tax (11.25%) for a two-bedroom.

I noticed the Harbor Arms had one bedrooms!

I haven't got a response from my email yet.

This trip is sooo expensive haha and the tickets so cheap;) haha

oh well...

skjuls said:

all my roomies are :rockon: and :dancing:

Right on, Jules:sexywink: I am only sane when nessasary.

Macfesto- the trip is well worth the price. Hawaii is going to be so much fun.

Carek- I have had my GA camp stuff packed for a month now:lol:

Carmelu2fan said:

Carek- I have had my GA camp stuff packed for a month now:lol:

:up: That's awesome Carmel! I'm starting to get my stuff together in one place now too. I just ordered a 2007 Entertainment discount coupon book too:wink: I am sooooooooooooooooooo ready for this vacation!

skjuls said:

all my roomies are :rockon: and :dancing:
:rockon: That island won't know what hit it :no:

Carmel - You know, we should discuss what we're all bringing for GA. That way maybe we could all be responsible for bringing certain things and we won't end up having too much of one thing and not enough of another.. :blahblah: Know what I mean?

But Carmel's already packed her GA stuff!

That's smart tho to plan in advance and share in who
brings what.

I am wondering if this could turn out to be the BEST GA experience evah?

skjuls said:
Damn it!!!!

Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf are playing at a tennis event on Dec 8 in Richmond, VA!!

awwwwwww!

oh well, I did get to see them in NYC at Arthur Ashe Kids Day!

Andre Agassi :drool: I cried when he played his last match at The US Open. He lives in the town next to mine. I'm hoping some day to just run into him or Steffi at the market or something.

I know, I know :reject: totally unrelated to the Hawaii thread, but I couldn't help it.

hotpepper said:

Andre Agassi :drool: I cried when he played his last match at The US Open. He lives in the town next to mine. I'm hoping some day to just run into him or Steffi at the market or something.

I know, I know :reject: totally unrelated to the Hawaii thread, but I couldn't help it.

It could happen!

150px-ClarenceGilyard.jpg

I ran into Trivette (Clarence Gilyard) at Target just north of downtown Dallas during those Walker Texas Ranger days, but no sigs though. It looked like he was on a mission. Plus too there was a lady and two small kids with him so I didn't bother him.

hotpepper said:

Yes, but it sort of it to me. One of the things I will have to sacrifice to see U2!!

LOL!

Going to Hawaii Need Advice

My husband and I just cashed in our frequent flyer miles for plane tickets to Honolulu. We will be there from Dec. 7-12. We have been saving them for 8 years. I knew I was putting this trip off for something! Anyway, we've never been to the city before. If we plan to stay in the Waikiki area is it necessary to rent a car? We want to see spots like Diamond Head and the Pearl Harbor memorial. Would the city bus get us there easily? Also, does the bus go to Aloha stadium? We haven't booked a hotel or gotten tickets yet. I've never done GA for a stadium show. If we get in line the morning of the show will our chances of getting fairly close to the stage be good? I can't see my husband camping out! Any info would be great. You can also e-mail me at dmalezi@zoominternet.net

kafrun said:

:rockon: That island won't know what hit it :no:

Carmel - You know, we should discuss what we're all bringing for GA. That way maybe we could all be responsible for bringing certain things and we won't end up having too much of one thing and not enough of another.. :blahblah: Know what I mean?

Somehow I think I have packed enough supplies for the both of us:crazy: .
But let me know if you need the general idea of what you will need. Jules and Kimla told me what to pack so I bought two of everything that they suggested.:coocoo:

Carmelu2fan said:

Somehow I think I have packed enough supplies for the both of us:crazy: .
But let me know if you need the general idea of what you will need. Jules and Kimla told me what to pack so I bought two of everything that they suggested.:coocoo:

Refresh my memory again! What did I tell you to pack!!

LOL!!!

sigh!

trevster2k said:

Yeah I think I did read your tripadvisor review. Thanks a lot for the info (topherchris too!)

Sounds like I made a good choice for my needs, so I'll be sticking with my reservation then. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom