Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part XIV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
tryan101 said:

I did! picked up 2 just in case the presale tix get denied (not my original code).

I may end up with a bunch of GA now, so NO ONE should think about going to ebay. I prolly got ya covered.

yeah... am I not the only one who had this nightmare last night:

the reason GAs are popping up is because they cancelled our presale tickets?!?

I woke up in a cold sweat and ran to my computer to check ticketmaster ;)

"Your tickets have been purchased and are in the process of being printed."

BASTARDS!!!

TheDevils.jpg

:drool:

I need to get to know the devils a little bit more before I decide on a backup crush (as Rocko is the full on one :D )

getting more excited :hyper:

bort269 said:

yeah... am I not the only one who had this nightmare last night:

the reason GAs are popping up is because they cancelled our presale tickets?!?

I woke up in a cold sweat and ran to my computer to check ticketmaster ;)

"Your tickets have been purchased and are in the process of being printed."

BASTARDS!!!

I wonder the same damn thing...how the fruck long does it take to "print and process tickets"??????????? :mad:

Ooooh and thanks for the pic of Rocko and the Devils! :wink:

bfloxng said:
I'm betting ETS Tours returned tix to the band, which ended up on TM. :hmm:

Well they shoulda re-printed them for April 9th and planned the 2nd show instead of trying to squeeze more bodies into the stadium for only one show! :sad:

bfloxng said:
Here's a funny (but sad) one:
Some wanker bought section M row 4 tickets on TM today. listed them on eBay, calling them "VIP" tickets, and SOLD them, BUT IT NOW for, GET THIS: eight hundred ninety five dollars!

(P.T. Barnum was right I guess).

http://cgi.ebay.com/U2-tickets-ALOH...606810527QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow.....I can't believe people just throw money away like that. There are still tickets in M(4 rows up) available right now. The worst part is the guy has the nerve to put this in the terms "If show is canceled, only the face value will be refunded". Real big of him :(

bfloxng said:
Here's a funny (but sad) one:
Some wanker bought section M row 4 tickets on TM today. listed them on eBay, calling them "VIP" tickets, and SOLD them, BUT IT NOW for, GET THIS: eight hundred ninety five dollars!

(P.T. Barnum was right I guess).

http://cgi.ebay.com/U2-tickets-ALOH...606810527QQcategoryZ16122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

WOW!
Don't blame the seller though.
It's all the buyer's fault.
If only they had done their home-work (and it wasn't even difficult).

Although I doubt it would have made a difference.
Clearly this person either needs to get rid of some (illigally earned) money or has so much money, it doesn't matter how it's spent.

Perhaps I should contact the buyer and ask if he could pay my plane ticket to Hawaii!

Carek1230 said:
I wouldn't balk at contacting the buyer to let them know how they were totally ripped off. Can't be a tru U2 fan IMO.

I already let him know. his reponse: "thanks! :)"

So now that we are sure there is no second show, I have a big dilemma as to whether to sell my GA or seat ticket - I keep going through the pros and cons of each. Well, I probably won't put the ticket up until the beginning of March, so I guess I have another week and a half to agoniz...er, decide, which to sell.

And I realize that y'all have a distinct bias and are probably not the people to ask. :wink:

I hate to bring up this subject, but if the stage is being pushed further back so that they can sell a thousand more seats in GA and sections L and M, doesn't that reduce the quality of all the reserved seats that have already been sold? Doesn't that amount to fraud? People aren't getting the same experience as what they paid for???

I do not think the stage is being pushed back...

They're just simply selling those seats in the closer sections, which again, may or may not be better than those in section K and KK depending on individual perception....

adventuremaui said:
I hate to bring up this subject, but if the stage is being pushed further back so that they can sell a thousand more seats in GA and sections L and M, doesn't that reduce the quality of all the reserved seats that have already been sold? Doesn't that amount to fraud? People aren't getting the same experience as what they paid for???

Well at least the M section tix (haven't seen L's come up) are $95 rather than $165, which implies one may not be getting the full view, although I've sat in darn excellent $95s in arenas, so...

Pop Artist said:

Well at least the M section tix (haven't seen L's come up) are $95 rather than $165, which implies one may not be getting the full view, although I've sat in darn excellent $95s in arenas, so...

exactly
I've side in side of stage seats in arenas and I think they're better for those who want to see the band as close as possible but if you want to get the full on visual effect you're better with a direct on view

nurse chrissi said:

exactly
I've side in side of stage seats in arenas and I think they're better for those who want to see the band as close as possible but if you want to get the full on visual effect you're better with a direct on view

Yup, that was what I had in mind when I said that. I had $95 side of stage lowers for four Vertigo shows and I think those seats are the best value non-GAs in arenas.

Also describes my dilemma with seat vs. GA...I want both! :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom