having job issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

europop2005

Refugee
So i'm a college student working part time in a clothing store...i love my mangers, love the store, like the people i work with, but problem is with the way things are, they keep cutting my hours and my paychecks keep getting smaller...is it better to have any job than no job at all these days?

Unfortunately, in this particular time, you really need to hold on to your job, until and unless you have another secured. Its not worth the risk of leaving as its not really likely you'll get another ATM.

Of course once things pick up, you'll have more freedom to choose. I spose theyre economising due to the credit crisis, hence the cut in pay and hours. Though its a bit unfair, nay a not unfair to do that. Be sure to check you arnt under minimum wage too. :up:

So i'm a college student working part time in a clothing store...i love my mangers, love the store, like the people i work with, but problem is with the way things are, they keep cutting my hours and my paychecks keep getting smaller...is it better to have any job than no job at all these days?

Hell yes. Be bloody glad you have a job.

I would keep your job, because you don't know if you will be able to get a new one with they way things are right now.

Keep your job, you lucky bastard! I'm a universtity student who can't get one, which really sucks. I had a part time job at a call center, but they threw out lots of people, due to reforms made because of the crisis. Now I've been applying for jobs for months! I can't get anything!
Talk to your manager about the cutting hours. If you love them, they must be prettyy cool. Maybe they'll understand. If not, too bad, but at least you have a job!

Good luck!:hug:

I remember back when I was 20, 21, having the luxury to just up and quit any job because I could always get another one when I felt like working again.

Those days are LONG past gone.

Keep the job, talk to your manager. There are people out there who'd probably kill to have any hours right now.

I am not working as much as I used too, but I have 2 jobs. My 1 job, I think I'm going to work another day because I am saving to go to Ireland this summer and need the extra cash. It is the only day I have off, but with my 2nd job, I only work 1 day, so right now I have only been working 4 days a week. My boss at my 1st job messed up and gave me off Wednesday and this week I'm working 3 days.

If you haven't done so already, make sure that the managers are aware you are very interested in additional hours. It's possible that there just aren't any to give, but if anybody ever calls in sick or needs to take time off, they might think to call you first to ask you to fill-in, knowing that you truly have a desire to work.

keep your job, talk to your managers, try to pick up shifts, and do what i did...file for unemployment online.

if you were working a certain amount each week and now are working much less you qualify. you just have to be honest and write in the days you do work. they will pay you the difference. every bit helps. :shrug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom