Haunted Barn, Kingsbury, Indiana, Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And they reckon U2's first live appearance was in 1977.

It was October 1976, you idiots. I even have the fucking setlist for it!

(Note also that it only mentions this first live appearance on the main tour menu. The early dates section excludes all shows from the Feedback and Hype days.)
...wtf. was that their first gig as U2? that's the only logical explanation i can think of. though still, feedback and hype are still U2, just different names and a teensy bit different line-up.

though still...it's u2.com. i'd be surprised if they got something right. i browsed through leg one of popmart, absolutely horrid. pick any tour, any leg, there's bound to be at least three errors.

why do they even bother with the tour section? what useful information can actually be gleaned from it?

"Hey I went to a U2 gig on 25 November 2006!" :looks it up on U2.com: "... YEAH, IT HAPPENED! I KNEW IT!"

...wtf. was that their first gig as U2? that's the only logical explanation i can think of. though still, feedback and hype are still U2, just different names and a teensy bit different line-up.

though still...it's u2.com. i'd be surprised if they got something right. i browsed through leg one of popmart, absolutely horrid. pick any tour, any leg, there's bound to be at least three errors.

They should just link to U2gigs.com srsly.

Then again, Axver might not want to be associated with those idiots.

".com municate" for their news feed is kind of retarded.

Apparently it just won't work on Chrome. This site is a disaster, and the offer to join is the worst ever :doh:.

Yeah, I think they're going for the first gig as U2 ... they were "U2 Malahide" at the Harp Lager Talent Contest on 16 March 1978, then the first U2 gig proper was four days later. They did a set as The Hype to farewell Dik, then came back for a set as U2.

I am seriously considering e-mailing them and offering my services. I don't know if they'd read it or care, but it's worth a try. This is the single most atrocious tour section I have seen for any band in my life.

They should just link to U2gigs.com srsly.

Then again, Axver might not want to be associated with those idiots.

I'd be all for it, just to make sure people see the right information rather than this absolute rubbish.

".com municate" for their news feed is kind of retarded.

I thought this too.

So since I won't have my Vox at my band's first show, I had to make my Fender amp sound good. Since the humbuckers in it are muddy, that meant I had to really change around the tone on the amp. The treble is at 12, the mids are at 3, and the bass is at 2. :giggle:

Ok, Sebastian.

oh_snap.gif

I think I've been remiss in greeting/farewelling people, so here's a generic :wave:

Have you ever considered getting in contact with them?

I think I will ... I don't see it getting anywhere but nothing ventured, nothing gained I suppose. Might discuss it with Matt first.

I thought this too.
"municate" is not a word! ><

But I don't think we can blame Sebastian for the site sucking anymore. They've brought in "professionals" from Signatures Network. Whose site practically crashed from me clicking on it...

Plenty of anonymous lurkers at the moment. Suppose it suits a haunted barn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom