GOYB snippets? (Do Not post Download Links!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
of course they will, it totally sounds like them...no big reinvention there

I know people want to believe it is, but it isn't...it's U2, right there in front of you

Ofcourse it will be U2 oh wait never mind you were the one who said that people who like vertigo are wankers! So forget it not going to explain it anymore. All I will say its really different then other things they have done.

Ofcourse it will be U2 oh wait never mind you were the one who said that people who like vertigo are wankers! So forget it not going to explain it anymore. All I will say its really different then other things they have done.

ok, thanks

O.k. from the snippets I hear:

1. The tempo en the lyrical "ranting" of Vertigo
2. The guitar-riff of Discotheque (chopped-up a little!)
3. Maybe a few "industrial sounds" of Zoo Station
4. (regarding the beach-clip) the (little arabic) chorus a la Fast Cars style

So will it be totally mindblowing and new as The Fly was?

Monday will tell.

O.k. from the snippets I hear:

1. The tempo en the lyrical "ranting" of Vertigo
2. The guitar-riff of Discotheque (chopped-up a little!)
3. Maybe a few "industrial sounds" of Zoo Station
4. (regarding the beach-clip) the (little arabic) chorus a la Fast Cars style

So will it be totally mindblowing and new as The Fly was?

Monday will tell.

Your a funny man lol

of course they will, it totally sounds like them...no big reinvention there

I know people want to believe it is, but it isn't...it's U2, right there in front of you

Not for anything, but if I didn't want it to be U2, I wouldn't be here; I would on a fan board of a band I was actually interested in. :huh:

Thank God it's U2 and not some other band. :huh:

I don't think this can really be considered as totally new, different or innovative, simple because U2 have done it before. With AB or The Fly it was different because it was something totally new for them. Now it isn't such a big shock, only maybe to people who only know their last two albums. I must say I understand the Vertigo references, though I think this song will be different, but from the snippets you can somehow tell that there is a little bit of Vertigo in there. I cannot wait to hear the chorus, because that's what I liked best about the beach clips.

The only thing I'm a little sad about is that Bono cannot do much vocally on a song like that because it's to fast and he has to sing in a breathless manner. We will enjoy his new and improved voice so much more on other, more epic songs on the album.

If:

-Discotheque
-Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crash Car
-Fast Cars
-Zoo Station
-Vertigo

were to do a class project together "Get On Your Boots" would be the end result.
You forgot "The Fly"!
Otherwise, yeah, my feelings exactly.

I hear it (in the snippets anyway) more as:

Zeppelin's "When The Levee Breaks"
Amy Winehouse's "Rehab"
Elvis Costello's "Pump It Up"
and U2's "Vertigo"

Ok is it me or did he take the clips down? I got to listen to both of them once and now when i click the link there are no audio clips there anymore. :|

Anyone got a mp3 file or something? if so please email me: schnumi@hotmail.com

It sounded so great!

looks like the clips are down. just saw the youtube link from a page back....does that consist of both of the clips? is that all we have so far? (i've been gone for a few days and intimidated by all the pages and threads to read! :ohmy: )

Can someone be kind and sort of summarise the thread and spare us going through 30 or so pages?

and where can I find/download all the leaks/snippets of the new album?

also, what is the beach clip?

Currently I'm indifferent to this song, but I'd have to hear the whole thing. If this album is anything like Achtung Baby, then songs will probably take a lot of twists and turns along the way.

I'm really hoping some form of the 2nd beach clip makes it on the album. I just went back to listen to them and I'm just loving the guitar parts on the 2nd clip.

Every thing is excellent. My only concern is Bono's vocals.. in that he seems to eager, high pitched, and 'trying to hard' rather than having the cool, calm, confident, relaxed approach his vocals took back in the early 90s.

But I'm holding my judgment till I hear the real thing.

boots sounds like a faster version of fast cars/always

HI All
This song really reminds ma of FAST CARS ( hidden track on HTDAAB)
also a little similar to ALWAYS on U27 (TARGET RELEASE)
Just an observation from a Die Hard fan of 25 years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom