Got Clocked...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elfyx

War Child
Two posts in two days...

Tonight I'm standing outside my apartment building. There is a party going on on the first floor, but I'm actually speaking with my neighbor who is on the second.

An SUV pulls up, parks, and this dude walks out, says hi to both of us, then clocks me right on the jaw, laying me on the floor. Now, instead of robbing or killing me, he just runs back to the SUV, while the driver peels out.

Is this why they call this mischief night? What happened to toilet papering someone's house?

Okay, granted, I'm not THAT naive, and I am currently living in one of the worst neighborhoods in the whole USA (Newark, NJ- I need to update my location, it's a long story), but the whole thing really put things into perspective. The world needs love and grace more than ever, and people like us may have more tranformative power than we think just by personally living in the light of love, truth, and joy as much as we possibly can.

I'm really anticipating this album- the transformative power of love and faith.

I believe in the power of prayer, faith, and grace- casting your spiritual 'vote' so to speak- although its much, much, more than that of course. If anyone wishes to join me in a prayer tonight for this dude- and the world as well- I'm sure it wouldn't go unnoticed by the interconnectedness of all things.

Love & Peace,
elfyx

:hug: The thing I like most about your post elfyx is your optimism. I teared up and smiled at the same time!

I hope you are feeling ok today after being clocked!

elfyx said:
Two posts in two days...

The world needs love and grace more than ever, and people like us may have more tranformative power than we think just by personally living in the light of love, truth, and joy as much as we possibly can.

I believe in the power of prayer, faith, and grace

I couldn't have said this any better! :up:

Wow. I had a friend who lived in Newark for about 20 years. He'd seen and DONE things that I never thought I'd be able to stomach in a friend. I mean, really, really bad things. But he HAD changed, and for the better, by the time he came down here. Unfortunately, he had some girl problems, tried to kill himself, and then moved away to Pennsyvania. I haven't heard from him since. But he was well on his way to recovery.

Please ignore the second part of this story, I just wanted to affirm the capacity for change in anyone, even punks from Newark.

What an ass! :madspit: I admire your optimism and grace. Your story reminds me of when I was little and also living in a terrible neighborhood (my parents had to decide between a nicer house or a better education for us). My little bro and I were climbing in a tree and these three guys from a local gang walk past and start shooting at us with one of those air gun pistols. Except when you're 6 and 4, those little pellets HURT. My brother was hit in the temple and had a HUGE red welt on his face from being shot at close range. He rand in the house screaming and of course my mom went off and called the police who couldn't really do jack shit b/c they don't want to screw up what they've already got on this gang just b/c some little boy took a few pellets to the head. WTF?!?! Who DOES these things? I'll admit, I had a hard time feeling bad for the kid when he was shot and killed in a gang fight at the age of 16.

Back
Top Bottom