Global Pandemic Part V: Enjoy a Corona while flying Delta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope you don't have it. Those are symptoms though, unfortunately.

Chills are gone and so is the headache with some Excedrin in me. Don’t feel too terrible at the moment. The doctor seemed optimistic that it’s just my body’s response to a first cold in two years. Rapid test results were supposed to come an hour ago and still nothing. Chomping at the bit!

Pretty grumpy with the healthcare provider I went to. Went for a rapid test. They said I’d have my answer in 2 hours. 6 hours later I called and found out their testing machine went down an hour before they swabbed me so it’ll be 4 days because they have to send it to their lab. Gonna go elsewhere for a rapid test tomorrow because I can’t wait til Wednesday to find out.

Very sad

(CNN)Phil Valentine, a Nashville-based conservative radio talk show host who had questioned whether it was necessary for all people to get Covid-19 vaccines, died on Saturday, his employer, WWTN Radio, announced on Twitter. Valentine was 61 years old.

"Please keep the Valentine family in your thoughts and prayers," the station said in the tweet.

His death comes more than a month after the host first announced he had been diagnosed with Covid-19. On his program, Valentine had repeatedly downplayed the importance of getting a vaccine against the virus, saying last December that he believed his personal odds of dying from Covid-19 were "probably way less than one percent."

But his message changed in late July when his family announced that Valentine had been hospitalized in "very serious condition" and was suffering from "Covid Pneumonia and the attendant side effects."

"Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an 'anti-vaxer' he regrets not being more vehemently 'Pro-Vaccine', and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon," his brother Mark Valentine wrote on July 22.

Very sad

(CNN)Phil Valentine, a Nashville-based conservative radio talk show host who had questioned whether it was necessary for all people to get Covid-19 vaccines, died on Saturday, his employer, WWTN Radio, announced on Twitter. Valentine was 61 years old.

"Please keep the Valentine family in your thoughts and prayers," the station said in the tweet.

His death comes more than a month after the host first announced he had been diagnosed with Covid-19. On his program, Valentine had repeatedly downplayed the importance of getting a vaccine against the virus, saying last December that he believed his personal odds of dying from Covid-19 were "probably way less than one percent."

But his message changed in late July when his family announced that Valentine had been hospitalized in "very serious condition" and was suffering from "Covid Pneumonia and the attendant side effects."

"Phil would like for his listeners to know that while he has never been an 'anti-vaxer' he regrets not being more vehemently 'Pro-Vaccine', and looks forward to being able to more vigorously advocate that position as soon as he is back on the air, which we all hope will be soon," his brother Mark Valentine wrote on July 22.

Again I’m getting very tired of hearing these stories about people who refused to take the shot now all the sudden have regrets cos they are sick! They had well over a year of being warned of the dangers of covid and not getting vaxed. Instead this guy took vital ICU bed space for someone who could have really used the icu! It’s a tragedy people are dying but I don’t feel sad at all about people like this, regrets or no regrets!

Last edited:
Pretty grumpy with the healthcare provider I went to. Went for a rapid test. They said I’d have my answer in 2 hours. 6 hours later I called and found out their testing machine went down an hour before they swabbed me so it’ll be 4 days because they have to send it to their lab. Gonna go elsewhere for a rapid test tomorrow because I can’t wait til Wednesday to find out.

I’m so sorry for all the troubles! :( I hope you can get your results ASAP and hope that you feel better soon!!!

I’m so sorry for all the troubles! :( I hope you can get your results ASAP and hope that you feel better soon!!!

Thanks. I actually feel quite a bit better today. Mostly just tired from coughing all night. No fever or feverishness, very mild headache, slight pressure but no soreness in throat.

Still going to self-quarantine until we get results though, but I’ll work as normal since I work from home anyway.

Very sad

play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

If you guys are interested, there are some home testing kits you can buy. I did 6 for $160 because I was traveling with 2 others and it knocked out two of my three required tests. They’re rapid tests. Process took 30 minutes with a webcam doctor. Technically if you’re not looking for “official” results (like I was for purposes of travel) you can do it in 15 minutes without authentication. Nice piece of mind kit to have for circumstances like that. Certainly not “cheap” but not terribly expensive per test and can give you some peace of mind.

If you guys are interested, there are some home testing kits you can buy. I did 6 for $160 because I was traveling with 2 others and it knocked out two of my three required tests. They’re rapid tests. Process took 30 minutes with a webcam doctor. Technically if you’re not looking for “official” results (like I was for purposes of travel) you can do it in 15 minutes without authentication. Nice piece of mind kit to have for circumstances like that. Certainly not “cheap” but not terribly expensive per test and can give you some peace of mind.
I bought a two pack today because I'm having digestive issues, constantly runny nose and sneezing, which have become very common with vaccinated delta. Got a negative. It says to try again in a few days.

I’ve learned that many of those posting on this forum assume or get the sense that a person is an unvaccinated far right Bible thumping extremist Trump supporter should you not lean toward or agree with their seemingly far left sensibilities….but calling them cunts because of it is a little…extreme.
Speaking as a far leftist, no one on this forum that you are referring to is anything close to a far leftist. Very foolish comment.

Speaking as a far leftist, no one on this forum that you are referring to is anything close to a far leftist. Very foolish comment.

Yeah, I used to consider myself slightly left of center but I keep getting pushed further left by the people I know on the right. Apparently I’m a communist because I want healthcare for all, removal of the social security tax cap, an incrementally smaller military budget, equity for all religious groups and between different ethnic backgrounds and genders, and a cheap (not free) public college option (especially for lower income households). So yeah, people on the right think I’m a crazy far leftist even if I don’t consider myself that. Haha!

Free at home tests available for pickup at DC library

Yeah, I used to consider myself slightly left of center but I keep getting pushed further left by the people I know on the right. Apparently I’m a communist because I want healthcare for all, removal of the social security tax cap, an incrementally smaller military budget, equity for all religious groups and between different ethnic backgrounds and genders, and a cheap (not free) public college option (especially for lower income households). So yeah, people on the right think I’m a crazy far leftist even if I don’t consider myself that. Haha!

helping people less fortunate than yourself is commie bullshit.

People on the right think I'm a far left commie bastard and people on the left think I'm a DINO and the reason why everything sucks.

Yet here I am, stuck in the middle with you.

I Googled this today to find out more. What a surprise-Fox nighttime lineup has been promoting ivermectin. This is where some people get their medical advice, sad!

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer-updates/why-you-should-not-use-ivermectin-treat-or-prevent-covid-19

Of course when he got booed he played the old muh freedom card...and all was forgiven

Newsweek.com

Trump supporters booed during a rally in Cullman, Alabama Saturday night after he encouraged the crowd to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

"I believe totally in your freedoms, I do, you gotta do what you gotta do, but I recommend take the vaccines. I did it. It's good," he said, drawing boos from the crowd of supporters.

"That's okay, that's alright," Trump continued, brushing off the disapproval. "But I happen to take the vaccine. If it doesn't work, you'll be the first to know. But it is working. You do have your freedoms, you have to maintain that."

Alex Jones

Mr Jones is a conspiracy-theorist who claimed Mr Trump was “being deliberately killed” with experimental drugs when he was treated for Covid at Walter Reed in 2020.

And he was not impressed with the former president’s stance on vaccinations.

“BS. Trump: That’s a lie, you’re not stupid. Just two weeks ago they said it was 65 per cent, then 40 per cent, saw a number put out about Pfizer shots, 30-something per cent,” Mr Jones told his Infowars audience on Monday.

“Because they just want to tell you it doesn’t work so you run and get the new damn shot. And then they’ll tell you in six months that one doesn’t work. It’s called rope-a-dope.”

And he added: “Shame on you, Trump. Seriously.

“Hey, if you don’t have the good sense to save yourself and your political career, that’s okay.

“At least you’re going to get some good Republicans elected, and we like you. But, my God, maybe you’re not that bright. Maybe Trump’s actually a dumbass.”

Back
Top Bottom