Gillard Street, Burwood, Victoria, Australia Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, it could be done. It just about seems to be what the Australian people want. We'd even get a brutal fight to the death between Gillard and Abbott for the leadership!

That's kinda scary... makes me think of monopolies or those countries where there's only one party. :yikes:

And hell hath no fury like a ranga scorned...? :wink:
I don't care how many triathlons the flappicus has done, I reckon Gillard could take him.

I just remembered... I thought I saw the word "flappicus" somewhere completely random the other day, but I might have been dreaming it.

Reggo, that's crazy about the Wiggles' legal battles and whatnot!

It's probably not as scary as some of the folk who attend 10 billion U2 gigs per tour.

Man, we used to have a heap of Wiggles VHS. My grandma possibly still has some, I should send them to ya!
Dan, I would love you forever if you broke the monotony of the four we have. My brother is quoting them and I'm starting to notice the little things in the background, like Anthony almost losing his pants. I've learned more about their history than I ever wanted to know.

That's kinda scary... makes me think of monopolies or those countries where there's only one party. :yikes:

And hell hath no fury like a ranga scorned...? :wink:
I don't care how many triathlons the flappicus has done, I reckon Gillard could take him.

I just remembered... I thought I saw the word "flappicus" somewhere completely random the other day, but I might have been dreaming it.

Reggo, that's crazy about the Wiggles' legal battles and whatnot!

I dunno if those are the details. It's just what makes sense to me.

Well yeah, it makes sense. Why else would all their stuff suddenly vanish?

And would you be able to play VHS tapes on your machine? I thought it was all PAL over there... I could just as easily be confused.

I need to get some tacky t-shirts for you too... My to-do list isn't getting any shorter. *L*

One more reason to move to Australia: Spicks and Specks. Watched a couple episodes on YouTube. That show is win.

Well yeah, it makes sense. Why else would all their stuff suddenly vanish?

And would you be able to play VHS tapes on your machine? I thought it was all PAL over there... I could just as easily be confused.

I need to get some tacky t-shirts for you too... My to-do list isn't getting any shorter. *L*

Yeah, we can play VHS. We've always had a VHS player at my house.

Tacky T-shirt ftw. I will wear them with pride while talking in an exaggerated Australian accent.

Dan, I would love you forever if you broke the monotony of the four we have. My brother is quoting them and I'm starting to notice the little things in the background, like Anthony almost losing his pants. I've learned more about their history than I ever wanted to know.

No promises, but I'll look into it :up:

Strewth, that'd be bloody bonzer, mate! You're one fair dinkum sheila. :up:
wow, I actually understood that. :lol:

I'm making a list of all the reasons I should move to Australia. Got ten reasons so far.

wow, I actually understood that. :lol:

I'm making a list of all the reasons I should move to Australia. Got ten reasons so far.

:applaud:

Awesome. Do you have a threshold number which, if reached, makes your relocation compulsory?

Man, I want another five of those doughnuts. At least. :drool:

Hmm. Well, the list has doubled in the time between this post and my last.
Have a gander at this, in no particular order:
Better weather
It's not Utah
My U2 Aussie Posse
Uluru/The Outback
The night sky views
Colourful language
Murray Cook
Platypi
Economy/Housing and Job Markets
Commonwealth of the Pommy Empire
Spicks and Specks
Fun voting system
Roos, koala, wallabies and other wildlife
Rolf Harris
New Zealand's nearby
Tassie
Great Barrier Reef
Anthony Field/The Wiggles
Real booze, none of this 3.2% by volume nonsense
Public transport/trams

Hmm. Well, the list has doubled in the time between this post and my last.
Have a gander at this, in no particular order:
[...]
Colourful language

Don't forget correct spelling, which it pleases me greatly to see you using. :wink:

As far as education goes, there are probably better unis in the US for Astrophysics, but we've got some pretty good astrophysicists down here, by all accounts.

The weather is highly dependent on where you are and what time of year it is... but I suppose that's the same anywhere in the temperate zone. Stupid axial tilt. But, yes, nowhere here gets ridiculous crazy stupidly cold winters. We were all moaning today because the apparent ("feels like") temp was 3 or 4 C.

I hope Ax and Charlotte didn't drown/freeze on the way back from a gig last night... or take that FB event about committing mass suicide if Abbott becomes PM too seriously. :uhoh: We don't know who's won yet, guys!!

True that about the weather. SO MUCH RAIN TODAY. Crazy stuff. I expect it to go through like this in September and maybe October and then we're back to hay fever and burning in our own filth.

I hope Ax and Charlotte didn't drown/freeze on the way back from a gig last night... or take that FB event about committing mass suicide if Abbott becomes PM too seriously. :uhoh: We don't know who's won yet, guys!!

:lol: No we, survived! Gig was really awesome last night and we're both a bit bummed we won't be here next week for their last Tuesday night gig at the NSC. Luckily the weather was totally dry and pretty still for the walk back; bit chilly, mind! Though I'd say today was colder ... we ventured into the city for delicious, delicious Lord Of The Fries. I still don't know how on earth their burgers are vegetarian; that stuff tastes more like real meat than almost anywhere else in the CBD. Think I've tried all of them now - spicy burger is my personal favourite.

All right everyone, I present to you a conundrum: is this guy genuine, or is he the best troll ever?

Ax and Charlotte, this was the guy I was telling you about... and Reggo, before you watch this, tie yourself down or something, cause you'll explode with rage or laughter or both.

YouTube - Tool - Parabola (Masakerr Extreme Syncopation Mix)

Oh, also, read the comments, they kind of make the videos.

True that about the weather. SO MUCH RAIN TODAY. Crazy stuff. I expect it to go through like this in September and maybe October and then we're back to hay fever and burning in our own filth.

I guess that means we'll be copping that rain in a day or two...

The wind today felt like it was coming straight from Antarctica, but it was blowing from the west. Doesn't bode well.

:lol: No we, survived! Gig was really awesome last night and we're both a bit bummed we won't be here next week for their last Tuesday night gig at the NSC. Luckily the weather was totally dry and pretty still for the walk back; bit chilly, mind! Though I'd say today was colder ... we ventured into the city for delicious, delicious Lord Of The Fries. I still don't know how on earth their burgers are vegetarian; that stuff tastes more like real meat than almost anywhere else in the CBD. Think I've tried all of them now - spicy burger is my personal favourite.

Glad to hear it! :wink:

I thought you'd be thriving in this quasi-Wellingtonian climate...?

I don't think I've yet tried a whole full-sized burger... the mini ones are nice, although often permeated with horrible slimy pickle taste. :yuck: I can imagine they're even nicer without that!

All right everyone, I present to you a conundrum: is this guy genuine, or is he the best troll ever?

Ax and Charlotte, this was the guy I was telling you about... and Reggo, before you watch this, tie yourself down or something, cause you'll explode with rage or laughter or both.

I so badly want to watch that. :sad:

*pines for home internetz*

YouTube - Tool - Parabola (Masakerr Extreme Syncopation Mix)

Ouch, it's got to hurt, falling on your drums for 5:44.

I think a better title would be: "They see me trollin'. They hatin'."

morning all, where are you presalers today? nervously salivating at the keyboard like i am no doubt ...
doing the please dont crash... please dont crash ... website mantra for ticketbastard too.
:crack:

I had a stupid thought the other day, before presales pushed the election out of my head... Labor and Liberal are both trying to find common ground with the Green/independent dudes to form govt. or get support for their legislation or whatever, right?

If parties/MPs who are similar are more likely to form an alliance... What would happen if Labor and Liberal decided to stop pretending and make an uber-coalition? Would that be allowed?

some co share arrangement was put up by one of the independents, which to me defeats the purpose of having opposing parties and an election in the first place ! :doh:

some co share arrangement was put up by one of the independents, which to me defeats the purpose of having opposing parties and an election in the first place ! :doh:

Except there wasn't much about either of them in actual opposition this time around...!

and im doing the FUCK YEAH dance!!!!!! gots me some tickets to melb. :drool:

:yippie: Huzzah! You going seats or GA? I've got GA for Brisbane, and I'm told I should be right for Melbourne too. Going for Perth in 50 mins... Am filling out leave forms for work meanwhile. :laugh:

I still can't get over how expensive all the seated tickets are, except for the very shittiest ones. The leap up from category five's $40 to category four's $110 is mental. Thank god GA is still good value.

Still got eight days to go until I try for tickets.

Hey Alison, you at all interested in seeing Robert Scott from The Bats do a solo gig at the Empress in Fitzroy North, 4th September, $20? Just thought I'd check before I go and buy tickets, in case you are interested after the Bats gig earlier this year. He's launching some solo album I haven't heard, but I think it goes without saying that I'll be there (and Charlotte and I are live music whores anyway).

As for today, maybe going to the Zoo this afternoon and Night Terrors tonight ... if the weather holds.

All I did was chop down some frakking weeds. Why am I still sore two days later? :sigh:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom