gift from Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geeman

The Fly
after reading the I think I have MERCY thread I am just curious why Bono would give away a 12 track cd of the new album ? and if he gave out any more ? surely he knew it would eventually get leaked onto the internet .... right ?:scratch:

Last edited:
Hi there, I said it a few times in my thread about Mercy, Bono did NOT give me the cd I have. A friend of mine gave it to me and I have no idea where the cd came from before that...
So lets just enjoy it, since I really have no clue where the cd originated from :)

OMG!11!! YOU HAVE EDGE'S STOLEN COPY!!!

DO YOU HAIT IT!!11!!

just kidding:wink: this is quite interesting though. Is your friend important?

FullonEdge2 said:

DO YOU HAIT IT!!11!!

just kidding:wink: this is quite interesting though. Is your friend important?

hahaha, brilliant.

Yeah. He probably gave it away as a wedding present to some guy he met on a pub or something. :D

U2SJ said:

Yes this is the most important part of all this :)
I myself cant wait to get my hands on that hot box set :hyper:

No problems on buying it, I've already pre-ordered 3 copies from all over the world. I plan on buying multiple copies to give to friends and family. Plus, I'm getting the U2 iPod, etc.

So Marisa, can you tell us what the CD looks like?

U2SJ,

Thanks for getting us Mercy!!!

How long have you had the CD for? Did it just recently come into your possession?

I find it a little odd that you didn't ask your friend where he got a full cd of the new album! I don't mean to question you or doubt you... I don't. I just think it's all a little odd, that's all. Odd and VERY GOOD. I am not complaining! Thanks for the song.:wink:

Awwwwright, I'll stop asking and just keep the wondering to myself. Maybe after everything's released, you can disclose. :shifty: And if still not then, that's okay too.

Thank you though for sharing this with us. It's very much appreciated. :)

Then again, you know what they say about curiosity. And I don't want to go killing any cats.:(

FullonEdge2 said:

DO YOU HAIT IT!!11!!

liek ogm i hait it so much cuz u2 is liek so gay lol!!1112//f

Fullon, you are the coolest person here :D

I don't think Larry would mind our curiosity...

boosterjuice said:
U2SJ,

Thanks for getting us Mercy!!!

How long have you had the CD for? Did it just recently come into your possession?

she got it when Bono and Edge were in San Jose, CA

I'm positive that U2 leak songs on purpose. Remember when Bono gave Jo Wiley a copy of "Electrical Storm," knowing damn well that it would make it to the airwaves and generate some excitement?

They're savvy marketers and they know that "all press is good press." That story about the "stolen" CD in France was just a way to drum up hype for the album. There's no way that CD really got stolen. Same thing with last week's release of the album to the Internet, along with "Mercy." U2 is smart enough to know that when CNN runs info on their on-screen ticker about the new album's "leak" to the internet, it generates more buzz. Buzz eventually translates into more press, more hype, and more sales.

I think it's great that they do it, mind you!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom