Get over it, people!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay OCTOBER!! And ALLTHATYOUCAN'TLEAVEBEHIND!!
smile.gif

can the same not be said for people who write ATYCLB instead of the full working title...it seems very cheep, lazy, and reflects badly on the album
tongue.gif

ps. POP will one day go down as U2's most unfathomable failure..the next generation of fans will wonder why on earth it was shown such a level of critism

Weird, I always thought it was POP cuz thats how everyone writes it and I thought by writing it Pop I was disgracing all of what U2 stands for.

you read my mind Gypsy..heres a signed copy of POP with complimentary martini and decorated olive stick
tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by ACROB@T (edited 12-24-2001).]

Originally posted by travu2:
Then can I write it POP if it makes me happy?
smile.gif

All right, people...if writing it POP makes you that happy, do it! If it really contributes to the happification of your life, if it's that important, I will not presume to deny you.

But it still raises my blood pressure!

------------------
You say you want
Diamonds on a ring of gold
Your story to remain untold
Your love not to grow cold

U2's POP is far bigger and more relevant than pop music, so it makes loads of sense to me. Plus, it's a good way to distinguish whether you're talking about the album or the genre.

Originally posted by ACROB@T:
you read my mind Gypsy..heres a signed copy of POP with complimentary martini and decorated olive stick
tongue.gif

Oh boy, just what I always wanted
icon30.gif
icon40.gif

------------------
"I've been all over,
and it's been all over me!"

Originally posted by SkeeK:
U2's POP is far bigger and more relevant than pop music, so it makes loads of sense to me. Plus, it's a good way to distinguish whether you're talking about the album or the genre.

See above. I went over this.
tongue.gif

Besides, couldn't you also argue that the album of October is more significant than the month? What about distinguishing the album from the month??

I'll just shut up now
biggrin.gif

------------------
You say you want

LMAO I thought there was some earth-shattering issue
biggrin.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~ Secretary of Scandalization
97% compatible with Bono

Love me, give me soul.

"For the good of the nation, you must defile Bono!" ~Echo~

"Get me the Bean Giant!" ~Houdini~

Interesting point! OCTOBER is much more significant than the month. Wouldn't you also agree the THE JOSHUA TREE was far more important and influential than just any old joshua tree in the desert?

..likewise people who write Achtung Baby fails to distinguish the translation..Achtung should be short and sharp like its true meaning which is used on various German building sites, electricity failure warnings, tube stations, various walkways and food labels...ACHTUNG!.....Baby likewise should be kept within the whole frame of mind of this larger than life title..it should be just as direct and alert..ACHTUNG BABY......

Originally posted by scatteroflight:
Besides, couldn't you also argue that the album of October is more significant than the month? What about distinguishing the album from the month??

Well, not really. Because in terms of music(especially when U2 is involved), "Pop" can have many different meanings.

"October" doesn't.

------------------
New And Improved!

Originally posted by ACROB@T:

ps. POP will one day go down as U2's most unfathomable failure
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indeed

UNFATHOMED!!!! is what it is is what it is
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
I might go take a lie down
smile.gif

Originally posted by pub crawler:
Haha! Do not be deceived. This is all about scatteroflight's obsession with October.

Well, maybe a little bit.
biggrin.gif

I feel bad actually...I spend so much time defending October but lately I haven't listened to it a whole lot.

Actually, in the last few weeks I simply haven't listened to U2 a whole lot. *gasp* Maybe I'm slightly coming down off about a year and a half of major U2 listening...I do tend to go in cycles with these things...

------------------
You say you want

Originally posted by pub crawler:
Haha! Do not be deceived. This is all about scatteroflight's obsession with October.

Scattero, you are diabolical.
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by travu2 (edited 12-24-2001).]

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

You can call me "The Lord of October."
biggrin.gif

------------------
You say you want

it appears scatter's hatred of POP has reached new levels
rolleyes.gif

um, the reason that I write it as POP and not Pop/PoP/pop/poP/pOp/POp/pOP/or any other combination is because unless I am mistaken, the title of the album is POP, all uppercase. I've never seen POP or POPMART written anywhere lowercase. And yes, there is perfect justification for writing WAR or OCTOBER, but frankly, they just don't look as cool in uppercase as POP.

whatever. this thread truly is redicerouso....

Originally posted by popkidu2:
it appears scatter's hatred of POP has reached new levels
rolleyes.gif

Doesn't anyone have a sense of humour any more??!!

Honest, this didn't have a whole lot to do with my hatred of Pop.
biggrin.gif
I just started wondering why everyone spells it with all caps when they don't for War, for instance? War has to be the best example, actually, because it is also a three-letter word.

I really need to bring out my Zooropa-hating side more. Pop has several songs I geniunely like. Zooropa has very few. But I'm much more well established as one of the Pop haters.

Anyway, I've seen it written Pop enough times...it's just a myth that it HAS to be written POP...

And the claim that it looks cooler as POP is totally subjective!

Go look it up on the Net...you'll find plenty of Pops and Popmart/PopMarts.
tongue.gif

------------------
You say you want

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 12-25-2001).]

LOL!!!

Well the titles of U2's albums are always written with capitals on the CD covers, so in a way it would make sense to write it like that:
"POP".

On the other hand, articles and reviews speak of "Pop".

Personally, i always liked these types of writing:

Pop

Pop

ps: then again, U2 may have fooled all of us and it's just supposed to be written "pop".
biggrin.gif

------------------
"We feel like this is unfinished business - there's things for us left to do and that's why we still do it." - Larry

"For us, each night on stage has to be like the last night on earth. That's the way our band operates-we can't play the songs unless we're fully into them." - Bono

"The music itself will tell you where to go." - Edge (about recording)

"It's an elevation thing." - Adam (when asked why there's pictures from airport on ATYCLB cover)

I just did install a POPupkiller

[This message has been edited by Rono (edited 12-25-2001).]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom