General Sale March 30th for Chicago, Toronto, Boston, New York + PRESALE 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just pulled up GA as well for Boston 2.... I already got 2, so go get them people...

Just looking at Chicago... pulled up
Section
Row
Seats
Description
5 - 4
Price Level 1
Level 300 Seats
Reserved Seating
Type2 Standard Admission - Select GA / Reserved Below

Ticket PriceUS $250.00 x 2

Convenience ChargeUS $14.95 x 2

Building Facility ChargeUS $2.00 x 2

For that high up? The 250 seats seemed to be the biggest rip off as some of them are right next to the stage and others aren't as good as some 55 dollars seats. Very weird.

I just grabbed 2 GAs for night 2 Gillette around 3:50 PM. It is amazing they are still left. I have 2 extras in Section 309 row 10 that I would be willing to wave the TM fees for if there is a poor college student or someone hurting financially who wants to go to 9/21. PM me.

i just pulled up 10GAs for Boston2
already have some, just seeing if they were still there
i have a feeling u2 will be playing to about 15,000 people on 9/21
tickets available all over the place.

Woah!

Doesn't this make anyone wonder what happened during the sale this morning when GA's for this show were no longer available?

omg yes i do! we failed big time didn't we. at least this time we're guaranteed to see them! see you there :D

Well, I did get to see him speak so I guess it wasn't a total failure.
But I got into the Boston show on 3/11 and got to meet them all (but Larry) after and got a kiss from Bono that night so I feel good. It was a looooooong time coming.

Now I want more!!!!
Hope to see you at the Ga line 9/20 and 9/21
:wave:

I think they release say 50% of GA for general sale... in an effort to sell more seats, than when the seats sell, then release them....

I don't know for sure -- but I'm sure ticketmaster has tricks like that... we al know they don't make available EVERY seat right away for ANY event.

That's why tickets pop up very close to the event.

I kind of like it that way as it gives real fans more of a chance to get tickets for keeping an eye out and the scalpers think the show is SOLD OUT.

Got 2 Chicago 2 GAs.

Keep trying guys, for the first minute or two, it said there were none available for us, too. Good luck!

:hyper:So happy for you two. :love::hug:

I've been trying, on hold for 6 minutes:doh:

now its 11 min on one puter, 6 on the other

I got up to 9 minutes at one time. :crack::mad:

I got 1 Boston GA ticket for my birthday 21/09/09 but also got shut out of Chicago. :sad::angry:

:hug:s to all the others who didn't get the tickets they wanted.

Am hoping to find one at face value from someone here or get lucky on a ticket drop. :fingerscrossed:

Scalpers. :angry:

yup still GAs....seems that I wasted 2 slots of my presale code, however, the sanity it gained me as soon as everything was sorted has been well worth the $50.

I was on the fence but decided to grab a pair of GAs. I've never done the GA thing and figured I couldn't pass it up. Now I'll be joining the ranks of those waiting for the blessed beep. :hyper:

I just tried and was able to do the same thing. 10 GA tickets. I've never seen that before. Crazy.

yup still GAs....seems that I wasted 2 slots of my presale code, however, the sanity it gained me as soon as everything was sorted has been well worth the $50.

I totally agree....tho part of me wishes now I had saved those 2 slots for Vegas :(

Uhm, just how many extra GA's did they release? They've been available for hours! I'm a little afraid that there was some sort of mistake and they accidentally released 10000 extra GAs instead of 100 or something like that.

I just tried and was able to do the same thing. 10 GA tickets. I've never seen that before. Crazy.

Thats pretty unbelievable! I just tried for 3 and they came up. I didnt get them though...how many tickets do i need for that one night! I already impulsively bought another section this morning... plus the folks Im going with would not be interested in making the sacrifices one has to for the GA thing. :sad:

But if I had known...I wouldnt have freaking stressed so much!! I find it very bizarre that GA's are so readily available!! I have to say I hope tthey play to more than 15,000 people ina 65,000+ stadium!!

Dare I say that the Gillette phenomenon is what would happen if ticket brokers didn't get their grubby paws on the pool?? Sales for the first Boston show was slow compared to NY1 or Chi1, so I have a feeling they abandoned this market (Bos2) completely and instead tried to get their hands on NY2 or Chi2 instead.

Oh what a wonderful world it would be without ticket brokers...

There is time for those who don't yet but just remember that if you aren't happy with your tickets that when you are in your seats listening to the boys it won't matter where you are sitting you will be having a great time!

uh....yeah.....it does make a difference to me . :|:|:|
I've seen all of my most favorite bands: The Who/ Television/ PattiSmith Group/ B-52's & Springsteen !LIVE! & Close- up
-from when they were unfamous (except Bruce although he was just getting to fame from well-known in the NE USA level level with BTR )--
that means:
Clubs right up front & a few seats away at a table//
Theaters 1) up by first row for photos for 20 mins 2) in 8th - 5th row
Arenas 2nd - 10th rows

WIth wonderfull close Photos to show for it!! :hyper::love::drool:

BUT no, never, nein for U2 from seeing them 83 onward
NEVER real good to superb seats.

I have ***thank goodness*** a seat for NY/NJnite 1 thanks to my sis.....
but i missed getting a GA for nite 2 :sad:

i will be looking for the next 4 + months :| :D

For anyone who was on when tickets went on sale, did Boston GAs sell out and then they released a new block, or were they never sold out at all?

This really is amazing to me. I pulled up GAs for Gillette 5 minutes ago. My wife gave me the disapproving scowl, since we are already doing the GA thing on Sunday night and I have tix in the cheapseats for Monday night.

Not even resellers are buying them. If I had a callous thought in my head, I would buy them with the hope that they become a hot commodity, then sell them for a profit. However, I have never taken so much as a dime more for U2 tickets in my 26 years of following them while taking dozens of folks along with me over the years.

While I want the tour to be successful, with sellout after sellout, I wouldn't mind seeing ticket brokers sweat. That would be sweet!!!

For anyone who was on when tickets went on sale, did Boston GAs sell out and then they released a new block, or were they never sold out at all?

They definitely seemed to be sold out for a while. I pulled some at 10:06 AM. At 10:12 I was told none were available. I tried a few more times after that during the next hour or two and nothing.

Im afraid to go look again. How many times can someone be tempted? This is the first time I have actually ever see the GA available page!!! If I got the GA's, Id have 6 tickets (2 pairs of 3) to sell. I think id feel sick with 9 tix on my credit card.
Plus I decided a/g GA for stadium for fear of being too far away and too short. My lower level seats i think are good. Can u tell im trying to think rationally. :huh:

Plus I decided a/g GA for stadium for fear of being too far away and too short. My lower level seats i think are good. Can u tell im trying to think rationally. :huh:
Unless you get super lucky or are willing to camp out for 24 hours, your lower level seats are probably better.

This really is amazing to me. I pulled up GAs for Gillette 5 minutes ago.

Not even resellers are buying them.
I find that extremely hard to believe. I don't see how they could lose money on GAs.

Back
Top Bottom