GA Discussion / Camera policies, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorta silly question: I'm coming down from the Vegas show to the LA show with Person A, who will be dropping me off at a hotel. I'll check out of the hotel and take my overnight bag to the GA line bright and early the next morning. no hotel / car. I'm going home that night with Person B who will take me to the aiport in the am. But they won't get there 'til later and may be in a hired car. What do I do with my overnight bag when I go into the stadium?

Do I find someone I know and stuff my bag in their car then look for them after the show, get my bag, THEN find Person B, who is WAITING for me to get my damned bag? Or maybe it'll take so damned long to get out of the parking lot that this won't be a problem.

I told you it was a silly question. :reject:

:hmm: Maybe we can work something out, since you will be sitting with Person C who will be riding with me in my car both ways. :hmm: Let me know if you don't find a better solution. So far Person C and I have no clue what and when we will be doing that day. :der:

If Person C is travelling from Chicago by train, at 40 mph, making stops for 15 minutes every three hours, and Person B is walking from Santa Monica, stopping at every red light, which one of the two will get there first?

Sorta silly question: I'm coming down from the Vegas show to the LA show with Person A, who will be dropping me off at a hotel in Pasedena. I'll check out of the hotel and take my overnight bag to the GA line bright and early the next morning. no hotel / car. I'm going home that night with Person B who will take me to the aiport in the am. But they won't get there 'til later and may be in a hired car. What do I do with my overnight bag when I go into the stadium?

Do I find someone I know and stuff my bag in their car then look for them after the show, get my bag, THEN find Person B, who is WAITING for me to get my damned bag? Or maybe it'll take so damned long to get out of the parking lot that this won't be a problem.

:hmm: Maybe we can work something out, since you will be sitting with Person C who will be riding with me in my car both ways. :hmm: Let me know if you don't find a better solution. So far Person C and I have no clue what and when we will be doing that day. :der:

I don't know how you possibly could have misunderstood my rambling cryptic babble. The problem is in LA. Thanks though. I think my best bet will be to stuff it in someone's car and hope that Person B is patient enough to wait for me to get it after the show.

If Person C is travelling from Chicago by train, at 40 mph, making stops for 15 minutes every three hours, and Person B is walking from Santa Monica, stopping at every red light, which one of the two will get there first?

raise your hand if you're not helping. :wink:

I don't know how you possibly could have misunderstood my rambling cryptic babble. The problem is in LA. Thanks though. I think my best bet will be to stuff it in someone's car and hope that Person B is patient enough to wait for me to get it after the show.

:wave: LOL oops :lol: but hey same deal, person C and I will have a car in LA too

^ Good to know. Thanks. Doing GA for this show or seats?

Sounds silly, but trying to iron out little details like this is getting me really excited!!!! :hyper: 48 days 'til my first show of the tour!! W00t!!!

Seats in Vegas, RZ in LA. We don't know yet what time we are gonna line up for RZ but it's possible we could somehow work out getting your stuff to my car :hmm: if anything maybe it's a back up plan for you :)

I think I would find someone I knew and stuff my bag in their car. Make sure the stuff in your overnight is not valuable though. If you can't wait for it you could always make arrangements for it to be sent to you.

Is 4:00pm safe for the inner circle?

Has anyone on this tour showed up at 3:30-4:00pm and not had the option of entering the inner circle? I'm going GA Boston 1 with group who would like to go as late as possible to enter the inner circle. The position once inside is not terribly important.

Romi if there is a plane crash on the border of Canada & America where would you bury the survivors:hmm:

:der:

Sorta silly question: I'm coming down from the Vegas show to the LA show with Person A, who will be dropping me off at a hotel in Pasedena. I'll check out of the hotel and take my overnight bag to the GA line bright and early the next morning. no hotel / car. I'm going home that night with Person B who will take me to the aiport in the am. But they won't get there 'til later and may be in a hired car. What do I do with my overnight bag when I go into the stadium?

I told you it was a silly question. :reject:

OMG, not sure if it will help, but I can be a lettered person if needed. I'm in LA and I will have my car there if any of you need to store anything for the day (GA) :wink: No bodies or drugs please......I'm on parole :shifty: (kidding....really)

lmao :lol:

:wave:

Romi if there is a plane crash on the border of Canada & America where would you bury the survivors:hmm:

:der:

:lol: hmmmmm :hmm:

When the inner circle fills up, do they "close" it off, or is there some sort of in / out where you get a wristband or handstamp so you can go to the bathroom and they will let you back in?

There is a bathroom for the inner circle people. At least that is how it was in Dublin.

OMG, not sure if it will help, but I can be a lettered person if needed. I'm in LA and I will have my car there if any of you need to store anything for the day (GA) :wink: No bodies or drugs please......I'm on parole :shifty: (kidding....really)

Thanks nicv. I'm hoping to find several of you Blue Crackers in the line throughout the day and I'm sure someone will let me store my stuff in their car. Yay for helpful fans. :up:

This was discussed a bit earlier, but I was just wondering about the view from GA for short people like me (5'2). I'm going to Boston 1 and I'm hoping to get near the back of the pit...for those of you have gone recently how is the view of the stage from there?

Thanks!!!

This was discussed a bit earlier, but I was just wondering about the view from GA for short people like me (5'2). I'm going to Boston 1 and I'm hoping to get near the back of the pit...for those of you have gone recently how is the view of the stage from there?

Thanks!!!

I was at the Hampden gig and stood on the rail at the back of the pit in front of Adam, in my opinion this is the best place to stand. You can few the screen, you don't have to strain your neck looking up at the band like you would if you were at the front and you get the buzz from inside the pit. Added bonus is you get to be close to Larry when he goes on his walk during 'I'll go crazy' :D
Oh if your running into the pit watch out for the 'speed bump' type things on the ground, i almost killed my self when i didnt see and tripped up :lol:

I was at the Hampden gig and stood on the rail at the back of the pit in front of Adam, in my opinion this is the best place to stand. You can few the screen, you don't have to strain your neck looking up at the band like you would if you were at the front and you get the buzz from inside the pit. Added bonus is you get to be close to Larry when he goes on his walk during 'I'll go crazy' :D
Oh if your running into the pit watch out for the 'speed bump' type things on the ground, i almost killed my self when i didnt see and tripped up :lol:

Good advice! I was planning on heading for the back rail of the pit...some place to get on a rail...even if i have to lean back on it...us shorties always have it rough...last show I went to...the guy in front of me had monkey arms...:(

I'm not sure if a new thread is worthy but I want to know what the GA setup is going to be like in the states ie: lineup to get in! Will it differ venue to venue? I'm planning on getting there early and camping out (so-to-speak) the morning of. Vertigo was pretty straight forward but I understand European gigs, they didn't allow that sort of thing until noon?

This is the best way to go (imo) if you aren't trying to smuggle in a questionably-allowed camera. You can move around without worrying about where your bag is or who's touching it. Good times. You can even take just your car key off the ring and leave the rest hidden in the car. Make sure you know if things tend to fall out of the pockets beforehand(!).

Oh yeah, and, just wear a belt if you're worried about 'em falling down.

Cool! :up: Thanks everyone for the pants advice. :wink:

Yeah the pants advice works best. I actually have a pair of "concert pants." They are loose pants with deep button pockets. I can stuff them with just about everything I stick in my bag. Just keep the essentials and your camera will be fine especially if its small like a cell phone. I usually get past security real fast, they no longer do the pat down.

I'm not bringing a bag in. i'm just going to stick my license, a little bit of cash ,my car key and camera in my pocket

I'll still be hiding my [FILM, jeez, security!] canon rebel in my tote bag. :/ It's a hassle, but it takes so much better pics than my little pentax w/the good zoom. I wish security would see that it's not a ginormous lens, it won't get better pics than the press!

I have had several short people next to me on the back rail and a couple of them told me their views weren't so great. It seems there is always a really tall guy right in front of me, their head directly in front of my eyes - I am 5'11" (178cm) so for someone half-a-foot shorter they must have been disappointed. It is also slightly more difficult to hold your position if you are meek/thin - my girlfriend's sister had a few problems with that initially (so did her bro but that is a different story, lol). If there is someone tall near you, they might move to give you a better view - but there I saw a great deal of rude people so don't count on it.

To the guy asking about inner-circle - sure you might get in at 3/4pm but your position won't be great. I know you said this is irrelevant, but I'd rather be further back in the main GA than off to the side in the pit. Of course, you could be one of those pricks who pushes past to get a great spot - plenty of those around.

If you are thinking of bringing a bag, please consider those around you. I have no problem with small things, but some people had major rucksacks either on their back or on the ground. Either way it makes things uncomfortable for those around you. It could also cause a problem if people are moving/jumping/hands in the air etc.

What I don't understand is why people have to bring a backpack in in the first place. Most of the US stadiums don't allow you too.

What I don't understand is why people have to bring a backpack in in the first place. Most of the US stadiums don't allow you too.

I guess people who travel and don't have anywhere to stow their belongings/valuables.

I should note that this was more prevalent in Dublin, Amsterdam and London than the other cities I went to - as these attract a more international crowd. On that basis I would suggest that the "big" shows (NY, Chicago, Boston etc.) might have more people with luggage.

Me? I had nothing but my ticket and camera with me :applaud:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom