GA Discussion / Camera policies, etc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I know my friend got those Bono bags from wal-mart for our show in Phoenix, I usually don't bring anything but a small purse with my ticket and camera if that when I go to any show Im always afraid something will get broken or taken, but since we're gonna be in line for along time these Bono bags are great to store water etc in for the time being, but still not to fund of them for the show themselves.

I gave up at putting my mind at where I want to be I dont want to be hurt etc. We'll see what happens as the dates get closer and when the US dates start.

I was just able to buy a GA ticket for the September 21 show at Gillette Stadium. The ticket is for section "FLD 4". I assume this is essentially meaningless, as all GA tickets are the same no matter what section is listed. The reason I'm slightly concerned is that I am now planning to go with some other friends but their tickets have a different section listed (but they are GA too).

Just wanted to check with everyone here because I'm sure someone will have the answer and be able to confirm. Thanks!

I was just able to buy a GA ticket for the September 21 show at Gillette Stadium. The ticket is for section "FLD 4". I assume this is essentially meaningless, as all GA tickets are the same no matter what section is listed. The reason I'm slightly concerned is that I am now planning to go with some other friends but their tickets have a different section listed (but they are GA too).

Just wanted to check with everyone here because I'm sure someone will have the answer and be able to confirm. Thanks!

Don't quote me but I believe that means nothing if you have GA:up::up:

:wave: I have a quick question, as I've never done GA before.

I'll be doing a fair bit of travelling, but I'm trying to plan it so I get to the queues around 4 or 5 am. Is this an acceptable time, or are people already going to be lined up across the street sleeping there overnight? Help please! :crack:

:wave: I have a quick question, as I've never done GA before.

I'll be doing a fair bit of travelling, but I'm trying to plan it so I get to the queues around 4 or 5 am. Is this an acceptable time, or are people already going to be lined up across the street sleeping there overnight? Help please! :crack:

yes, people will have begun to line up the night before. Showing up at 4 a.m. will put up about 25 people back in some cities and about 75 people back in others.

couldn't really find this thru searching threads....to confirm, there's only ONE line for GA, correct? Not a U2.com presale line and a regular line like the Vertigo tour?

There wasn't in Europe, if I understand correctly, but I think we just have to wait to see how the first couple US shows go. For a couple places in Europe the split the line into ppl who wanted to be in the pit and those who wanted to be outside it on the field - that created some problems of their own though. Other places had more than one GA entrance - just depends on the venue, too.

GRRR....they're killing me smalls...I'm such a planner...I need to have a game plan

:lol:
i was the exact same for the Glasgow gig, i planned it all out what way we would run where we would stand etc etc. Even drew out a map to show my brother where he was to head to on the pitch :D

:lol:
i was the exact same for the Glasgow gig, i planned it all out what way we would run where we would stand etc etc. Even drew out a map to show my brother where he was to head to on the pitch :D

me too, going to Toronto 2 and I need a game plan! I'm planning on pit on the rail, Adam's side, but want a backup plan (outer rail or whatever) just in case!

I know! I have an idea in my head what I'm giong to do but I just need the inside scoop.
I'm planning (crossing my fingers) to be on or near a rail, pit Edges side. I did Adam's side during Vertigo. :wink:
I just don't want to be running around like a made woman once inside:happydance:

me too, going to Toronto 2 and I need a game plan! I'm planning on pit on the rail, Adam's side, but want a backup plan (outer rail or whatever) just in case!

at glasgow i planned from the beginning to go to the back of the pit on the rail, Adams side. Arrived at about 7.30/8am (stupid brother ignoring my nice schedule and dragging me to mcdonalds for breakfast :angry:) anyway got the exact spot i wanted! my brother stupidly asked 'how did you know how to get here?' the answer was planning and knocking everyone who got in my way over :ohmy:

Last edited:
I would like to be at the back of the pit as well...something to lean on when they are all on the main stage. I have a friend going to the Chicago 1 show so hopefully he will give me some tips.

Does anyone know what U2's policy is on photography? I know in Chicago, Soldier Field most of the time allows people to bring in camera's with lenses less than 6in. I would think U2's policy over rule theirs if there was such a rule for their shows

Has anyone brought a canon Powershot SX10 to any of the shows? It's a point and shoot but with a 20X zoom--it's a big camera so I'm worried they won't let me in with it?

Elipse- Bathroom and Concessions

Hello,
New Member but long time fan club member.
In the bullseye, and the heart, we had wristbands and could easily get in and out to get beers or go to the bathroom. I have heard and seen that the new tour elipse is much more crowded. Can anyone comment on 1)do they give you bracelets for easy entry, and 2) if you leave do get a drink, do you have a chance of getting back to your friends already in the circle? For some reason I'm envisioning it being "mosh pit" like from reading certain posts.
Thanks. Matt

:wave: Hi welcome to the forum

1. In Dublin they did give out wristbands for the pit, but there were seperate lines in the queue outside the stadium for the pit and pitch

2. I didn't try to leave my spot

Does anyone know what U2's policy is on photography? I know in Chicago, Soldier Field most of the time allows people to bring in camera's with lenses less than 6in. I would think U2's policy over rule theirs if there was such a rule for their shows

They've been very easy on it, I've seen cameras of all sizes inside the shows. I can't think it will be any different in the US.

Hello,
New Member but long time fan club member.
In the bullseye, and the heart, we had wristbands and could easily get in and out to get beers or go to the bathroom. I have heard and seen that the new tour elipse is much more crowded. Can anyone comment on 1)do they give you bracelets for easy entry, and 2) if you leave do get a drink, do you have a chance of getting back to your friends already in the circle? For some reason I'm envisioning it being "mosh pit" like from reading certain posts.
Thanks. Matt

From what I coujld make out, the front middle would be a challenge to get in and out of. If you stand off to the side (about a 90 degree angle to Bono) you can come and go as you please right up to show time.

Forgive me if this was asked and answered, but how many people fit inside the "pit"?

It was 2,400 in London, Dublin & Cardiff. You also have 400 in each RZ who can (if they want to) access the inner claw though I doubt many would do that.

Side-note, the sound kit for the support band is on Adams side between the stage and the front barrier. If it's raining (or forecast to rain) they put a tarpulin over the kit which blocks the view of the main stage. This is removed before U2 come on but it was amazing how many people at the Dublin shows looked in that side and then headed over to The Edge's side thinking it would be blocking their view which kept that side really quiet until show-time.

For Charlottesville, the stadium website (U Va.) says no cameras except cell phones for the U2 show. I think it'll vary by venue.

For Charlottesville, the stadium website (U Va.) says no cameras except cell phones for the U2 show. I think it'll vary by venue.

Every venue always states that, it is only ever enforced when specifically instructed to by the artist performing.

Every venue always states that, it is only ever enforced when specifically instructed to by the artist performing.

Venues say different things - Fedex Field and Soldier Field say cameras are allowed. The policy I saw for U Va. was U2-specific. Hopefully it won't be enforced. They actually allow cameras for games at U Va.

Back
Top Bottom