Fukuoka, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
See you, cin. :wave:

On another note, ice cream is made of SuperWin.

Haven't had many. None that I remember strongly.

The Hunter Valley to me means coal trains and shitloads of them.

Ah, cause there's this bloke from Canberra on the boards that reckons they make the best wines out of all of Australia, including all the ones from Barossa, Fleurieu and the South East. So I was wondering.

What's your favourite Australian vineyard, anyway?

Ah, cause there's this bloke from Canberra on the boards that reckons they make the best wines out of all of Australia, including all the ones from Barossa, Fleurieu and the South East. So I was wondering.

What's your favourite Australian vineyard, anyway?

Given the Hunter Valley isn't that large a wine producing region comparatively speaking, I certainly wouldn't go that far even without being terribly knowledgeable about it. He may have a case when it comes to particular varieties - I don't know.

I don't have a favourite Aussie vineyard yet. I only recently really started paying attention to Australian wines. Until I was about 17 or so, I'd really only drunk Kiwi stuff, and I simply don't drink or go winetasting enough to feel I really have a sufficient grasp of the Australian market. Lame answer, I know, but I don't feel I could name anything with confidence. Most Aussie vineyards, I've only had a single vintage of one or two wines. In contrast, I've had experience with at least seven vintages of Ata Rangi's pinot noir and they have never disappointed me.

Given the Hunter Valley isn't that large a wine producing region comparatively speaking, I certainly wouldn't go that far even without being terribly knowledgeable about it. He may have a case when it comes to particular varieties - I don't know.

I don't have a favourite Aussie vineyard yet. I only recently really started paying attention to Australian wines. Until I was about 17 or so, I'd really only drunk Kiwi stuff, and I simply don't drink or go winetasting enough to feel I really have a sufficient grasp of the Australian market. Lame answer, I know, but I don't feel I could name anything with confidence. Most Aussie vineyards, I've only had a single vintage of one or two wines. In contrast, I've had experience with at least seven vintages of Ata Rangi's pinot noir and they have never disappointed me.

Oh, right. I didn't know how big it is, but after reading his words, I'm tempted to get a bottle of red from the region.

Sheesh, Ax! That's the lamest answer ever! Fuck you!

No, that's cool. Seems like you don't taste-test wines as much as I do beers, which is probably a good thing. Oh, by the way, have you looked at tickets to Adelaide yet? Sometime between the 15th and 26th is absolutely ideal.

Oh, right. I didn't know how big it is, but after reading his words, I'm tempted to get a bottle of red from the region.

Sheesh, Ax! That's the lamest answer ever! Fuck you!

No, that's cool. Seems like you don't taste-test wines as much as I do beers, which is probably a good thing. Oh, by the way, have you looked at tickets to Adelaide yet? Sometime between the 15th and 26th is absolutely ideal.

Like what feels like the rest of this entire bloody country, they produce shiraz. Though it's best known for its whites, specifically its semillon. I really should get some Hunter semillon to refresh my memory.

Part of the problem for me is that I don't get the opportunity to drive around vineyards and taste their wines. In New Zealand, Dad will take me around and it's always a good time. We'll often go back to places when they have a new vintage, etc., etc. Australia, it's just what I buy on a whim in the store, and I try not to spend much money, hence I don't end up drinking much wine.

I'm intimidated by the prospect of travel, for some reason. But I really should do a trip, I know ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom