Fukuoka, Japan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another one, back on the Isle of Man, got so drunk that he just worked off of a jetty in Douglas and drowned. Good times! Although my mum's side of the family is a bit more interesting - one ancestor was great friends with Mark Twain, another was rescued by Lawrence of Arabia during WW1.

Both of those things are incredibly cool.

The most notable person I know of in my family was a guy who ran the Criterion Hotel in Castlemaine during the gold rush. Then it burned down and he moved to Melbourne and ran some hotels and things there. But I guess his family/descendants stayed in the area.

Anyway, I need to get some sleep... seeya folks :wave:

Both of those things are incredibly cool.

The most notable person I know if in my family was a guy who ran the Criterion Hotel in Castlemaine during the gold rush. Then it burned down and he moved to Melbourne and ran some hotels and things there. But I guess his family/descendants stayed in the area.

Anyway, I need to get some sleep... seeya folks :wave:

Thanks, I thought Ax would be gasming over the Twain one, at least. :)

That's pretty sweet, at least that's a part of history rather than a friend of someone who was part of history.

Alright, have a good one!

I thought he'd be your kind of thing, and he's a famous historical celebrity! We have some letters from the chap somewhere... god knows where, though. Don't tell any museums or shit.

Hah. I honestly don't know as much about the chap as I should. Still, that's pretty bloody awesome.

So, reckon we can get to a new thread soon?

Hah. I honestly don't know as much about the chap as I should. Still, that's pretty bloody awesome.

So, reckon we can get to a new thread soon?

Same here, although since I found that out a few years ago, I've certainly been meaning to. I've read some stuff of his, but I'd like to get more.

I do, yeah. Let's do this.

(Also, in case you're wondering how an Australian became close friends with Mark Twain, he lived on the Mississippi for a lot of his life before coming back to Australia).

Shame Vazza isn't here. It seems only right that she make a thread taking us to Sex Rouge.

Certainly it's the last thread I should be making.

Shame Vazza isn't here. It seems only right that she make a thread taking us to Sex Rouge.

Certainly it's the last thread I should be making.

I guess I'm somewhat more qualified to make it than you, but yeah. It's really her thread. I hope she shows up sometime soon.

I guess I'm somewhat more qualified to make it than you, but yeah. It's really her thread. I hope she shows up sometime soon.

She's probably asleep. :grumpy:

Wish we had somewhere else cool lined up. You know, the Isle of Man might be a good idea! Especially in light of our manly friend on ZC last night!

She's probably asleep. :grumpy:

Wish we had somewhere else cool lined up. You know, the Isle of Man might be a good idea! Especially in light of our manly friend on ZC last night!

Hell yeah, I was looking for some good locations there, but there aren't really any. I guess we could just go there, non location specific?

Or somewhere in Scotland.

YouTube - U2 Entrevista aeropuerto España

I can hardly believe how stoned Bono is. Despite the Spanish overdub, I can still tell it's taking him about twelve hours to say each word, and that there was absolutely no reason to impersonate Atlas in the middle of conversation, especially when you've already proved what is barely a point relating to it as such.

Hell yeah, I was looking for some good locations there, but there aren't really any. I guess we could just go there, non location specific?

Or somewhere in Scotland.

Yeah, I don't see the problem in just going to the whole isle.

Ooh yeah, let's see if there are any hilariously fitting Scottish locations too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom