Footprints

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

floweravalanche

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Where the streets have no name, In God's Country,
This expresses me so much and I hope this encourages many as it has done me. This was a poem I was introduced to when I was a very little girl then it hit me recently, with all that is going on with me from my Daddy being ill, to having no friends anymore, and feeling everything has caved in on me. I also put how I feel at the moment hope that is ok.

Footprints

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed He was walking along the beach with the LORD. Across the sky flashed scenes from His life. For each scene He noticed two sets of footprints in the sand. One belonging to Him and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of His life flashed before Him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of His life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times of His life.

This really bothered Him and He questioned the LORD about it. LORD you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me.

The LORD replied, my precious, precious child, I Love you and I would never leave you! During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.

"During your times of trail and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then I carried you"

That right there reminds me that at the times I am hurting and that I feel everything has failed and I am not alone, that there is at lest someone out there that cares and is there with me every step of the way even though it doesn't feel like.

It is during your hard times, and you hurt that you realize who you, and who really cares.

My road right now may be bumpy and turning in all directions and it feels like it will never end and that I am alone, but in reality I am not alone I am being carried and there is a light at the end of the road.

"Dont not fear" Says The Lord " for I am with you"

My path with God may not be the greatest and I am not perfect, but it is through the heart aches and hurt that I go through that I realize who I really am and how much I really am loved and I don't have to be afraid.

I don't need the ways of the world to make me happy, because I know there is something up in the heavens that is always there and will never forsake me and will always be there no matter how far off my path I am. I don't need the ways of the world to make me happy even though it would be nice to have at lest one shoulder to lean on, but at lest I know I am not alone.

Life trows you lots of curve balls, but even when you feel like you have failed and you want to let go, remember Everything is going to be alright. When you see one set of footprints you're not alone the lord is carrying you

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom