Fez-Being Born and then, from a porch, rolling pins and The CSGW's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it was hilarious! I wonder why my VH1 is gone...? Prolly because TVs switched to digital/analog/somesuch.... what was that, anyway?

You didn`t have it on antenna did you,no way that is even possible to have those types of channels on that. Now if you had regular cable then there shouldn`t be a problem...:hmm:

You didn`t have it on antenna did you,no way that is even possible to have those types of channels on that. Now if you had regular cable then there shouldn`t be a problem...:hmm:

No I don't see any antennae.... And yeah the campus has regular cable. But ever since the big changeover, VH1 has disappeared from my TV :hmm:

No I don't see any antennae.... And yeah the campus has regular cable. But ever since the big changeover, VH1 has disappeared from my TV :hmm:

Did the channel it was on change, maybe? I know that's happened to me a few times, where a channel's 76 or something, and then all of a sudden goes to 24 or something, and I think it disappeared on me. :lol:

:hmm: Okay, not as huge a number as I thought it would be, but still quite a few! :up:

Side note: I still can't believe how much I can re-watch episodes of The Office. I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode several times now, and they're always just as funny. :lmao:

Guys I wanted to show my dad what the "loudness war" was, so I removed the dynamics from Go Your Own Way and jacked up the volume, it sounds like shit. Post-95 music :yuck:

Yeah, how sad is it that we've progressed to releasing poorly mastered albums, just to satisfy people's desire to blow up their eardrums? :down:

Yeah, how sad is it that we've progressed to releasing poorly mastered albums, just to satisfy people's desire to blow up their eardrums? :down:

Yeah it really sucks, I mean I'm not expecting perfect but when half a song is clipped and there's no dynamics it just sucks

Although how I changed Go Your Own Way was a little extreme...:wink:

Yeah it really sucks, I mean I'm not expecting perfect but when half a song is clipped and there's no dynamics it just sucks

Although how I changed Go Your Own Way was a little extreme...:wink:

:yes: Exactly.

:lol: Sometimes you have to go to extremes to make a point. :wink:

:yes: Exactly.

:lol: Sometimes you have to go to extremes to make a point. :wink:

I think one of the reasons I like the U2 remasters so much is although they're loud(er) they resisted the urge to put the volume up to 11 at every part of the song. NLOTH for the most part is pretty okay too

And what I noticed listening to it most was the drums, they sounded louder but they lost their "punch"

Yep, definitely. I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of the remasters, since a lot of re-issued albums now are not mastered well, and actually sound worse than the original pressing sometimes.

I mean the U2 albums don't sound perfect but at least they remembered "this part is quiet, this is loud". I mean can you imagine a song like Exit without the dynamics? :lol:

:lol: No kidding. I'm glad that they did adjust the volume on Exit, but it was done well, and like you said, there's still quiet parts and loud parts.

And exit still makes you want to turn up your stereo and then explodes and it's all loud goodness :drool:

Modern music lacks that "turn up the stereo" effect

I just tried removing dynamics from Exit, it still has the build up but doesn't explode like it's supposed to and that just ruins the song

I'm glad Exit wasn't on Bomb :wink:

And exit still makes you want to turn up your stereo and then explodes and it's all loud goodness :drool:

Modern music lacks that "turn up the stereo" effect

I just tried removing dynamics from Exit, it still has the build up but doesn't explode like it's supposed to and that just ruins the song

I'm glad Exit wasn't on Bomb :wink:

:yes: Plus, dynamics have been such a huge part of rock music since the 1970s especially, with prog rock and all of that, that it's just depressing to see it disappear.

:lol: I'm glad Exit wasn't on Bomb either.

:yes: Plus, dynamics have been such a huge part of rock music since the 1970s especially, with prog rock and all of that, that it's just depressing to see it disappear.

:lol: I'm glad Exit wasn't on Bomb either.

There's a lot of albums I've listened to that have no dynamics but not due to mastering but due to mixing and it makes the music sound boring. I mean if you listen to it closely you start to notice "wow this is pretty awesome", but there's no "bang" when the chorus hits, you don't get blown away when the solo plays, it's just all there. I actually heard one of those albums was getting remastered which at first made me happy because I thought "Maybe they'll fix the mix", then I realised they'd just somehow make it worse :sigh:

If Exit was on the Bomb it'd be something like this :wink:

Exit.jpg

There's a lot of albums I've listened to that have no dynamics but not due to mastering but due to mixing and it makes the music sound boring. I mean if you listen to it closely you start to notice "wow this is pretty awesome", but there's no "bang" when the chorus hits, you don't get blown away when the solo plays, it's just all there. I actually heard one of those albums was getting remastered which at first made me happy because I thought "Maybe they'll fix the mix", then I realised they'd just somehow make it worse :sigh:

If Exit was on the Bomb it'd be something like this :wink:

Exit.jpg

Yeah, it's too bad that even remasters now aren't improving the sound quality of albums.

:lol: :down: That's so not a good looking spectral.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom