Fav Version Of Stay

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Favorite Version of Stay

• Album

Votes: 40 48.2%
  • Zoo TV

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • Elevation (acoustic)

Votes: 23 27.7%

• Total voters
I have always loved the album version and will always continue to love it! The live versions are great too. The Elevation tour acoustic one esp. is beautiful, not to mention the Zoo TV one. But nothing can compare to listening to that sweet sound immediately after the line 'Up with the static and the radio...' on the album version! :heart: :combust: :cool:

The ZooTV version, though the album version is really good.

I think I'd rather listen to a frigging Britney Spears album than endure acoustic Stay, though. Talk about a dull, uninteresting plod into the land of nothingness.

Album, live version tries hard to compete with it but fails.
Acoustic version is beautiful.

The album version is the best with all those layers of guitars and the great rhythm section. Plus Bono’s voice is really strong on that recording. Zoo TV's version is a close second, really beautiful. I always thought that the completely acoustic version of Stay was a little boring though.

Album version by a mile for me - I'm a sucker for the more experimental U2 and the effects on that version are more sonically interesting. ZOO TV version was nice though.

Boring?! What?! *rolls up sleeves* Lmao. I'm high on this coca cola.

Anyway I didn't mean my post to sound like I don't like the album one... Of COURSE I do! Especially as Larry gets the last word.

u2mad25 said:
Album version by a mile for me - I'm a sucker for the more experimental U2 and the effects on that version are more sonically interesting. ZOO TV version was nice though.

Abso-fcuking-lutely agree!!! :rockon:

A rare instance where the album version can not really be improved on live in concert. Mind you, that B-side live acoustic version from Toronto is truly sweet.

my favorite is the Craig Armstrong version, but since it's not up there...

album version :up:

I heard my favorite today, for the first time, Antwerp 08-05-2001 awesome performance with a snippet of Two Shots of Happy One Shot of Sad! :drool: :drool:

Roland of Gilead said:
A rare instance where the album version can not really be improved on live in concert. Mind you, that B-side live acoustic version from Toronto is truly sweet.

:up: That was my very first U2 show. I remember being so impressed that they used a song from my concert as a b-side...:nerd: It was also a little cool how Stay was apparently broadcast live from Toronto to London, to the "Secret Policeman's Ball." I think I was one of the few people in St. John's to buy that single.

It was a great show...I'd kill to have the soundboard...:drool:

Miami .. New Orleans .. London, Belfast ..

From TORONTO!

I love the live version from Toronto for some reason. :wink:

The original version is great as well, I love them both equally I think.

angelordevil said:

:up: That was my very first U2 show. I remember being so impressed that they used a song from my concert as a b-side...:nerd: It was also a little cool how Stay was apparently broadcast live from Toronto to London, to the "Secret Policeman's Ball." I think I was one of the few people in St. John's to buy that single.

It was a great show...I'd kill to have the soundboard...:drool:

Ah so that was your voice I heard in the crowd ..

:wink:

Very cool.

Love the acoustic version -- it got my vote. Love the studio version. Watched the ZooTV Adelaide version yesterday, and it was just "meh". I think Elevation really improved on the song.

Back
Top Bottom