Fans playing U2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hello everyone!

I haven't checked new posts in a while and I see some of you have contributed more songs to this humble "project" which goal is to have a CD (or two) full of U2 songs played by real U2 fans.

I haven't downloaded new songs yet, but I will do it later today. I hope all the links still work and I am able to grab those songs.

It's nice to see so many of you is thrilled about this idea.

I haven't done any recordings yet, but I guess I can contribute in January as I should be able to build a digital audio workstation in January. Lookin' forward to it!

Please contribute a song whenever you feel like doing so. No hurry!

flameandthefire said:
Hello everyone!

I haven't checked new posts in a while and I see some of you have contributed more songs to this humble "project" which goal is to have a CD (or two) full of U2 songs played by real U2 fans.

I haven't downloaded new songs yet, but I will do it later today. I hope all the links still work and I am able to grab those songs.

It's nice to see so many of you is thrilled about this idea.

I haven't done any recordings yet, but I guess I can contribute in January as I should be able to build a digital audio workstation in January. Lookin' forward to it!

Please contribute a song whenever you feel like doing so. No hurry!

heres a website of my excellent friends' excellent tribute band.
They are The Joshua Tree.

Be prepared to be blown away.

www.u2jt.com

Listen to Kite/40.
Grab a tissue.

Love to my boys: Jason, Chas, Ron, Mike
xxxx
Jase

Here's me playing my Squire Stratocaster on a lame 15 watt amp and recording with a cheesey microphone, sorry if it's not the best quality on earth.

Miracle Drug:
http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=9A4A64A99152BC9EE9F6EF1DE782B908

Vertigo:
http://s12.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=6A699DA4C9E9A12C65A9BDC5BFA8E97B

I'm a newbie guitar player. I've only been playing maybe 4 months now. I would greatly appreciate ANY comments, especially bad ones so I can improve :wink:

BTW, Vertigo didn't go so well with the double tracking, so I think I'm gonna re-record it. And I suck with the slider, so don't expect much from the solo in Miracle Drug.

i have a video of my band playing 11 O'Clock Tick Tock. We didnt tune our guitars, the bass player had to use a strat, and you can't hear the vocals, but it sure is cool! should i post it here?

Wow, sounds way better than mine. The solo was really nice. I really need to practice on using my slider.

Original of the Species PiaNo

hey.. great stuff all of ya..but ive recently been trying to play original fo the species on piano.... and am having no luck... i know that someone has 'cracked it' but i can't ask him to post it because im not a premium member.. and so i can only post here... Any chance anyone here knows it or can post it.. the chords of how to play it on the piano.......

Thanks very much ..... you guys roccckkkk!

What's the best way to post it here from a recording in Audacity? I can save my recording to a wav file on my desktop but haven't had as much luck converting to MP3 (just downloaded e-soft).

Can I just copy it from my desktop or do I need to find a host first? Sorry for all newbie questions, this whole internet recording thing is a strange new world for me.

The tune itself is pretty amature but hope to get some good feedback. Thanks.

Well, here goes mine. First of all I should start by saying that I've only been playing guitar for a couple of years and trying to avoid singing all my life. I know most people are just posting instrumentals but I thought a collection of songs by U2 fans should include vocals, although maybe I'll rethink that after this post.

I hope to improve my playing, singing and recording so even though I'm a newbie, I'd like candid feedback on all areas. Based on your feedback, I may re-record (at least the vocals) for any compilation disc as I couldn't edit out a couple of annoying clicking sounds from the mike. Recording this has been educational, a couple of quick notes before I post.

Vocals: I kind of expect comments about sounding subdued and restrained, but whenever I belted it out the most gawd-awfull speaker blowing out noise would come out when I played the track back. There must be some kind of an art involved in recording vocals because it's much different just singing and playing live (probably helps not to hear yourself, lol)

Guitar: After I recorded the guitar track, I listened to the Boston DVD again and I realized that Edge gets that twangy tone by picking well behind the soundhole. I've never been crazy about that kind of tone in general and my subsequent experiments with it didn't sound any better to me so I went with this one. That and he adds a few flourishes that I haven't figured out yet.

Well here goes my first ever recording. Damn, I feel like getting naked in public. I hope this link works.

http://s7.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=4A1CE5F8AC4E800C9223AA95007BFF6D

Last edited:
I did a quick take on it, but it was only like the first verse (it was a short clip), and I wasn't sure what else to do with it. I didn't upload it, cuz, I didn't want to deface your piece (translation: this means I wasn't fully satisfied with the final product ;)). I could upload it next time I am at my studio machine (which hasn't been weeks :(), but you listen at your own risk. :lol:

Well I guess my track was even more craptacular than I thought, hope nobody's ears bleed or fell off. If anyone suffered through the whole thing, you might have noticed the last minute was cut off. I figured out how to fix that and might just post the guitar alone and let anyone download to add vocals.

OnFire said:
Well I guess my track was even more craptacular than I thought, hope nobody's ears bleed or fell off. If anyone suffered through the whole thing, you might have noticed the last minute was cut off. I figured out how to fix that and might just post the guitar alone and let anyone download to add vocals.

Yeah, sorry here, as well.. people have let this thread die off, but I had fun listening. I always do when people try to cover stuff. My only advice to you would be to let yourself go, vocally.

Thanks guys, yeah I do need to let go more. This shareware recording software is pretty cool though, it's like a free early christmas present. I'll keep practicing and playing with it and hopefully get a pretty clean track or two out of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom