Fans playing U2 songs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What kind of delay are you using? TC 2290?

Here's me playing the Miracle Drug solo without my slide (lost it). I sorta improvised at the end because I had no idea how to finish it. If I missed some notes I am sorry, I played this from memory. :|

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=4D935F75CFFE42E5A00D19FC471B1142

Gear used:
Epiphone LP Custom Plus Flame Top (that's a mouthful)
SD-1
FX10 Bifet
SDD 2000 delay

I have a lot of stuff I could contribute as far as covers go, I'll post some up soon.

btw, hi, I'm new here, nice to meet all of you fellow U2 fans! :)

But, but..I am so close to the promised land. Only a few more posts to go to do it legitimately. lol

Anyway, so now that I've surpassed the 15 post milestone I'll try this again! ;p

My webpage with some of my stuff can be found at: http://www.geocities.com/aceman_1978/

I was actually tinkering around today with the idea of putting Pop Muzik before Mofo and adding some crowd cheering noise throughout the track, but it turned out to be a lost cause. I couldn't seem to get it all in there without compromising the quality of the track. What I mean is, by creating additional crowd noise, I had to turn up the original track so much to the point that the sound started to clip at the higher peaks. And, for anyone who's heard that, it's not overly pleasing to the ear. It's just that I did that track about 3 years ago, and wanted to spruce it up a bit (I'm even considering re-singing it, I think I could do it much better now =\). Be that as it may, Mofo is a very powerful track, sonically speaking, so this really shouldn't have come as a surprise to me. It didn't hurt to try. I posted some info about each of the tracks as well, and what I was trying to do with each.

So, I hope whoever listens isn't offended by any of my approaches. And as others have stated, criticism is no enemy of mine.

Last edited:
I will eventually cover it in a more complete manner, but if I had one of those tracks from your site there with the bass and drums already done, my work would be easy (the guitars are so easy in 'Vertigo'). As I said, I have a lot of those over-dubs floating about, cuz they give me quick answers about how I sound. Since I'm obviously familiar with my own voice it makes a lot of sense to me, and not to others; I understand that. :) If you have a complete band version, that would be great. I could also always just drop the original U2 track much lower, and really make my voice sound naked. It was my first crack at singing it, and I was reading off a lyric sheet, so, there are plenty of errors. I had trouble not cracking up. My friends were just suggesting that I record my very first try at the song without ever having sung it formally. :eek: *shrug*

Ahh, you have a good vocal ripper. That's perfect. I know it tends to diminish the drums and bass a bit, but I can work with it. So, the next time I'm in my studio, I'll either rip my previous vocal onto your ripped track, or I'll just sing it again cuz it's a fun song to perform. I'll make a post on here when I've gotten around to updating the track. Many thanks, again, Edge89...you've been a great help. :yes:

Yeah, I saw your equipment in your earlier post. :)

I was wondering how you nailed all the background stuff so accurately. Looping the real stuff, if you can get a good piece with no interference from Bono, is always good. ;)

Yeah, that's the best way to go about it. I wish it were that easy to do it with more songs. That's pretty much how I covered Mofo, but with a lot more in the way of screwdriver work. There are a lot of bells and whistles in that song that took me ages to get down. I guess it sounded alright in the end, all thing considered, heh. I use an old program called n-Track studio, I haven't upgraded it in years. Partly cuz I'm too lazy, and partly cuz..well..I've really learned the ins and outs of the program after all of this time, and I can't be bothered to learn a new one. I've tried, but nothing new ever catches. This Audacity program...is it a large program?

Last edited:
2.9 megs? lol.. Well, next time I'm at the studio comp, I'll download it and give it a whirl.

I'm planning to do a cover of Stay sometime later,maybe Trip Through Your Wires...I'll see if I can post it.

LemonMelon said:
I'm planning to do a cover of Stay sometime later,maybe Trip Through Your Wires...I'll see if I can post it.

I was planning to throw in my acoustic (Boston) version of Stay, were you going to do the same version? Maybe I'll do acoustic stuck instead (needs work though).

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom