Faboulous Roman Candles snippet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marik

Refugee
Around X-Mas of the LoveTown tour i recall Streets opening a couple times with a snippet about 'faboulous Roman Candles, exploding like spiders"

Anyone know what this snippet was? And perhaps a definative performance of it?

Around X-Mas of the LoveTown tour i recall Streets opening a couple times with a snippet about 'faboulous Roman Candles, exploding like spiders"

Anyone know what this snippet was? And perhaps a definative performance of it?

It's a line from Jack Kerouac's novel On the Road: “The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

The performance was the December 30th show: U2 Dublin, 1989-12-30, Point Depot, Lovetown Tour - U2 on tour

Fantastic book, fantastic show. :up:

I need to get this show. I've heard the other three Point Depot shows (I love the 26th and 31st, but the 27th features Bono at his absolute worst for this era), but not this one.

I'd swear this was done a second time, but I haven't found the date for it. Not that I've looked terribly hard.

I need to get this show. I've heard the other three Point Depot shows (I love the 26th and 31st, but the 27th features Bono at his absolute worst for this era), but not this one.

The 30th is right up there with the gig on the 26th. (Like the gig on the 27th, I don't think the gig on the 31st is on the same level.)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom