ESPN FIFA World Cup 2010 spot - Magnificent (with Bono narrating)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I care, I just have to decide which real contender I'm going to root for when USA screws up.

Hmm..I know there are so many good teams.. but I believe there's always a chance to win the World Cup, even if your team isn't at their best..good luck to all teams out there! :hug:

:hyper:

working here at ESPN and I myself of having the privilage to edit with U2's music we all are proud of these commericals. The band has always been good to work with as long as well follow the rules set forth. Sport always comes off well.

:wave:hey catman, oh and its called soccer haha

if you refer to it as soccer then there is really no hope for you....I kind of wish they hadn't allowed Beautiful Day to be the soundtrack to the ITV Premier League show all those years ago, it's still used on that channel and I'm sure when a lot of people hear beautiful day they think of it as that "football" song, which is a shame as it's a great great song.

dannebrog.jpg

You can do it Denmark, you can do it :pray:

Great ad by the way

It's fantastic to hear U2 music used so often in these ways, it so fits the soaring quality desired for these sports promos, no?!
The use of Out of Control in one spot was great, and the
full-length promo with Bono narrating so gorgeously (who wrote it?! Sorry if that's been answered up-thread or elsewhere :reject: )
is truly magnificent!
I hope these bits 'help' people realize how stunning these compositions are...

I've seen the ad with Out of Control airing quite often lately

So glad Out of Control is getting some much needed mass play!

One of U2's most energetic and lyrically brilliant songs written when Bono was only 18.

Do you think the average person knows this is U2?

Back
Top Bottom