Elevation-Bono vs. Vertigo-Bono

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another vote for Elevation Bono....

I went to a Vertigo show with a friend who's a casual fan and he remarked on how good the band looked--Edge looks like a teenager, Larry is ripped, Adam, is well, Adam--supercool. Bono was the one exception. He looked like he was trying too hard to be a "rockstar" with the unfortunate hair and jacket. His voice sounded great, though.

And P.S. -- Pop Bono does, in fact, kick some serious ass.

Elevation Tour Bono BY FARRRRRRRR...

sorry, something just annoys me about Bono on this trip. A lot of his antics on stage this tour just didnt work for me, i mean...he's still the man but there was too much politics on this tour. and then how he did, like the blindfold, just didnt work for me. i dont know.

Elevation Bono just seemed so himself, I liked that a lot.

Of course, ZOO and POP Bono run the shit

RademR said:
Elevation Tour Bono BY FARRRRRRRR...

sorry, something just annoys me about Bono on this trip. A lot of his antics on stage this tour just didnt work for me, i mean...he's still the man but there was too much politics on this tour. and then how he did, like the blindfold, just didnt work for me. i dont know.

Elevation Bono just seemed so himself, I liked that a lot.

Yeah, I think we got an extra dose of politics in our DC shows, RademR. :sigh:

Lemonfix said:
Another vote for Elevation Bono....

I went to a Vertigo show with a friend who's a casual fan and he remarked on how good the band looked--Edge looks like a teenager, Larry is ripped, Adam, is well, Adam--supercool. Bono was the one exception. He looked like he was trying too hard to be a "rockstar" with the unfortunate hair and jacket. His voice sounded great, though.

:yes: Well, I don't know if Edge looked like a teenager but.. :lol:

Yeah, Bono definitely looked like he was trying too hard! Definitely definitely definitely!

Utoo said:

Yeah, I think we got an extra dose of politics in our DC shows, RademR. :sigh:

hmmm... a little bit. i think the only extra thing i heard was the he even had a speech about Africa before "Miracle Drug" on the 10-20 show I went to. Everything else was just about the same.

I saw like 7 shows this tour. It's not like I didnt enjoy the tour, Vertigo kicked ass despite a few of my opinions. :wink:

I swear to god when I saw them on this tour Bono had a 20-30 minute speech about the people in africa and how to join the campaign before they played One..

Yes I know there's some serious stuff to help and talk about in Africa, but Bono, for the record, don't make 20 minute speeches on stage...:no: , ok I get it, I joined the one campaign and contributted money towards it, but many peoples like myself dont want to hear 20 minutes of it...

Also I know U2 is religious in that way but, the whole thing in the middle of Sunday Bloody Sunday I thought was kinda weird and freaky...

tpsglick2424 said:

Also I know U2 is religious in that way but, the whole thing in the middle of Sunday Bloody Sunday I thought was kinda weird and freaky...

I didnt think it was wierd or freaky, but i also didnt enjoy it.

SBS is a powerful song and very straightforward, we don't need a long speech in the middle of it, unless it's about N. Ireland that is, that's what the song is about.

It's also a song we want to get crazy too when LArry kicks into that drum riff, me and my friends were all rowdy to it, then it slows down for like three minutes while Bono does his religion speech. Ruined the moment for me at least.

Sorry when I said weird and freaky I took it in the wrong direction...I was just trying to say that I didnt like it...at all..Yeah you are right about the song is powerfull by it self...

I'd probably take Vertigo Bono simply because he can do his day job - singing - far better than Elevation Bono. Bono's poor vocals are one of the reasons why I don't listen to Elevation boots much, but he vastly improved on Vertigo.

However, Vertigo Bono is far too prone to being a long-winded rambler.

Bluer White said:
Bono owned the Elevation tour. The Vertigo tour belongs to the Edge.

Hit the nail on the head there man.

But pop and the fly bono rocks the socks.

who would name a song the electric company when they could name a song the electric co..:huh:

yeah my favourite is ZOO TV Bono, Macphisto, and POP Bono...

But I love Bono all ways ;)

Elevation,

He just seemed so laid back and carefree, yet so emotional at the same time. He didn't take himself too seriously on Elevation, and I think it was deflating the ego he had built during POPMart.

Zoo Tv mirrorball man:drool:
mirrorball.jpg

Macphisto:drool:
MissMary-Macphisto_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom