Dyke Parade, Mardyke, Cork, Ireland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, LM, I'm fiddling with the tracklist for UF, and I just came up with this. Thoughts?

1. The Three Sunrises
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. Boomerang II
4. Wire
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Promenade
7. Bass Trap
8. Bad
9. Indian Summer Sky
10. Love Comes Tumbling
11. Elvis Presley And America
12. MLK
13. Pride

God, this album is a real bitch sometimes.

I wanna listen to TUF really bad now, but with all the b-sides too. Ax <_< would you mind posting again?

I wanna listen to TUF really bad now, but with all the b-sides too. Ax <_< would you mind posting again?

The good old epic list:

1. A Sort Of Homecoming
2. Pride (In The Name Of Love)
3. Wire
4. Indian Summer Sky
5. Boomerang I
6. Boomerang II
7. Love Comes Tumbling
8. Sixty Seconds In Kingdom Come
9. Elvis Presley And America
10. Bass Trap
11. Promenade
12. The Unforgettable Fire
13. Promenade [yes, again]
14. 4th Of July
15. Bad
16. MLK
17. The Three Sunrises

OK, LM, I'm fiddling with the tracklist for UF, and I just came up with this. Thoughts?

1. The Three Sunrises
2. A Sort Of Homecoming
3. Boomerang II
4. Wire
5. The Unforgettable Fire
6. Promenade
7. Bass Trap
8. Bad
9. Indian Summer Sky
10. Love Comes Tumbling
11. Elvis Presley And America
12. MLK
13. Pride

God, this album is a real bitch sometimes.

That looks fantastic, better than mine. Pride as a closer is strange, but I can understand why you put it there. What I like most about this version is that it keeps the original flow of the album intact while improving on it. Very nice.

I might have thought about downloading it a long time ago.

But probably not.

I once thought about buying it.

That thought never translated into checking how much money I had in my wallet or doing any Googling or what-have-you.

I own a (burned) copy. I think. Somewhere.

I have no idea at all what's on 7 except Big Girls Are Best (right? :uhoh: ) but the picture on the cover is one of my favorites :love: /random fangirling moment. I don't do it often, so I think it's allowed one in a while :p

See faces plowed like fields that once
Gave no resistence
And we live
By the side of the road
On the side of a hill
As the valley EXPLODES

Hey Ax, I was just having a look around an aviation forum, and someone mentioned the possibility of a Bledisloe Cup game in Denver next year. The person who mentioned it is the forum idiot, but I'm wondering if there's a slight possibility of truth.

If you haven't, just your reaction to the sheer idea of a game in Denver will suffice.

That looks fantastic, better than mine. Pride as a closer is strange, but I can understand why you put it there. What I like most about this version is that it keeps the original flow of the album intact while improving on it. Very nice.

Thanks. What really surprised me is Boomerang II working after ASOH. I checked some of the segues while making the list, but now I'm properly playing it through, and ASOH/B II/Wire feels remarkably natural.

I think Pride works pretty well as a closer, fitting in with U2's tendency to use it to close main sets and the occasional encore. It fits with MLK thematically, and kills three birds with one stone: 1. what to do with Pride in the first place, since it's such a pain to fit anywhere, 2. what to do with MLK, since I don't want to break the Wire --> UF segue, and 3. how to close the album in the absence of Bad closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom