Dont know what to think or do

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LittleBono

The Fly
I feel really sick and uneasy, but this is not about me ... I have a feeling something really bad has happened to someone i really care about. And although i know i shouldnt go into the whole private family thing, i have to get this out, because my mum and brother think the same thing as me and cant give me a clear perspective on it. Maybe you can help. I dont know what it is i want to hear, i just need to talk ...

Earlier on tonight (about 9 or so) there was a knock at my front door, me and my mum decided we wouldnt answer it because we thought it was my brother's friends and he had already made it clear he wasnt going out tonight. Anyway, about 20 minutes later, there was a phone call. It was my great-granda, he wanted to know if my granny (his daughter) was down in our house, he said he had been phoning her house and no-one was answering (my granny phones him at 6 on the dot every monday, wednesday and friday night just to make sure he's ok). So my mum told him that she wasnt and not to worry. Me and her were laughing about because my great-granda gets a little drunk sometimes and makes random phonecalls to us, we just figured it was one of those times. We figured she had phoned him and because he was a little drunk he'd just forgotten about it (it has happened before)

10 minutes later we got another phonecall from my granda (her husband) looking to know if she was in our house .. we started to get worried then. He said she'd "left" 3 hours beforehand and hadnt come back. Of course we automatically assumed the worst (the area i live in has a lot of bad stuff going on in it). We ran out down the road looking for her, we searched the road behind our house and the park in front of the house, still no sign. Next stop was her house (she lives at the end of our road).

There were no lights on in the house, but my granda was in the living room (in total darkness, no lights, no tv, no sound). We were going in to look for him when he came out and shut the door behind him quickly and led us out into the kitchen. He said that she had come in earlier and got changed into her good clothes when she returned from our house after leaving down christmas presents (about 20 or 30 mins before she went "missing"). He said she came into the living room and said "something" to him, but he "couldnt remember what it was" and then she left and hadnt returned.

My mum kept asking him what had happened and he kept saying the same thing over again. Then she asked him if him and my granny had had an argument, at first he said no, but then he finally admitted that they had but not today. He said they had been arguing for months and it was all my fault (back then he ripped me to pieces over something that was going on in my life, he just kept picking at me everyday for months and months, until i couldnt take no more and got up and walked out because i didnt want to argue with him .. he's never apologised even though he was the one in the wrong .. my granny sided with me over it). So him and my mum had an argument then over him blaming me for my granny "leaving".

Me and my mum told him we were going out to look for her and asked him if he wanted to come with us but he said he'd stay behind "just in case". When me and my mum got further down the street she said to me, "he's done something to her". And the more i thought about it the more it started to seem right. He was acting really funny, really shifty.

I thought she had left on the train because she has this pass that pensioners get and they can travel anywhere round Ireland. I was trying to think of lesser evils. But the same thought kept going round my mind .. he's hurt her.
We checked the river, the main road, but no luck so we went back to our house to get my brother to drive us further in the car. We checked everywhere from her mother's grave to the centre of town to the local train station (they let me check the last train to see if she was on it) .. no sign. Our last place to check was her dads house and the area he lives in, but on the way up there my mum phoned my granda again .. she "arrived in just after we left". He was supposed to phone us and let us know if she came back.

We went down to their house to see if she was ok and to see where she had went, but he said she wasnt talking, she was tired and just wanted to sleep and not to disturb her. My mum said she wanted to see her anyway, but my granda insisted that she was "fine" and "had just went for a walk up the town to the shops" (the shops closed hours before). My mum pushed him out of the way and went into their bedroom and kept calling my granny's name but she wouldnt answer. So my mum went and tried to pull down the cover's to see if she was alright, but my granny wouldnt let her. She snapped that she was fine (my granny never snaps at anyone), but my mum said that she was really cold and kept the duvet up round one side of her face.

My mum stormed out after she checked on my granny (she was really annoyed at my granda for te earlier argument and the fact he hadnt phoned us to let us know she was ok) but me and my brother stayed for a bit. But ive never felt that uneasy in my life. My granda was acting really weird like he was trying to hide something. Me and my brother just wanted out of there, something wasnt right. We made our excuses and left. My brother never comments on anything, but he turned and said to me in the car "something's not right, i think he's done something to granny. I just wanted to get out of there cause he was freaking me out the with way he was getting on".
We went back to our house and thats when my mum told us that my granda had beaten my granny before, about 10 years ago and she was gonna leave him, but he talked her round into staying with him.

I have a really awful feeling that he's hit her again. I think that he phoned us to cover up what he'd done, pretended she had gone out. But i dont think she ever left the house, i think she was in the living room the whole time, because he was dead against us going in the room (usually thats the first place you get led into when you visit them). I think he had hit her really hard, maybe knocked her out and was trying to cover up that fact.

I need to find out, but i cant get her alone because he is stuck in the house because he's got a bad back. So i'll never find out what happened. They think that im away all day tomorrow, but im going to come home really early and land down in their house to see if she has anything wrong with her. If she does .. I dont know whats going to happen, but im definately not gonna let him away with it.

I feel so worried about her, i cant even sleep (im supposed to be getting up at 4.30 to catch the first train out of here) ... theres something really wrong. Ive got a really bad feeling about it and unfortunately my bad feelings about something are usually right.

Sorry ive gone on about this so long, but i just had to get this out. This is the only place i can discuss it without bias (from my mum and brother). Please help, say something, anything ..

:hug:

If I were you, I'd insist that your mother try to get your granny out of there. No one should have to deal with domestic violence. Plus it is a major health risk especially if your granny is elderly. That's the best advice I can give you. Good luck and I hope you can get your granny into a safe, loving environment as soon as possible. :hug:

Find out what has happened first, speak to your granny as little can be done unless she's in agreement.

Otherwise best wishes:hug:

:hug: good luck . . . thats such a hard thing for you to have to deal with and I hope you can find a gentle way to resolve it . . . I agree with Screwtape . . . she needs to be away from your granda - its not good for the both of them

Sending you rainbows and sunshine
:hug:

Even though it's going to be really hard, you should try to get your granny out of there... This isn't good, I have a bad feeling about it too, and this is not the fate someone should be facing! Good luck to you, and your family, please keep the faith... :hug:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom