DON'T call me buddy, sweety, sweetheart.. unless.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jesseu2

Refugee
you are female and you are gettin fresh with me, OR you are female an i know you more than just a quick hi an bye at bar type. or you are my gf!

when i was in vegas this past weekend, i was at a buffet with diamond, abel, baw, mr an mrs edge....... our waitress would not stop calling me sweety or sweetheart! :madspit: i was about ready to smack her up side the head but i didn't..

it really ticks me off when people who see my handicap or my hearing aides and start being extra nice to me because i may look different to them. :mad: i am the same as everybody else! same thing happens when guys call me 'buddy'.

oohh, i remember a couple months ago when my family and i were getting some family portraits done at a photo studio... we had this dumb mofo steven baldwin look-alike guy who just would not stop calling me buddy EVEN AFTER i asked him to stop, myself. when he said it again, i was ready to punch his face in, i'll tell u. he does the crappiest job on portraits ever, rest of my family didn't like him either! what a loser.

:hug: Jesse

I don't like it when people call me sweetie either, like when I go to the grocery store, or a waitress, or cashier, that I've never even met calls me sweetie it's like, "why you callin' me sweetie? you don't know me" :|

Jesse-
you can call me your "bitch" anytime, Im ok w that...;)

diamond
:dance:

Last edited:
:uhoh:

I'm in deep shit, then. :huh: I call almost everyone honey, sweetie, darlin', babe, and sweetheart! I warn my students about that the first day! It has nothing to do with handicap, age, or gender. (Well, sometimes it's all about gender. :flirt: )

I'll try not to offend.

:reject:

ummm...sorry, jess. i called you a sweetie in the vegas thread. and we did meet in a bar, actually...:uhoh: i just thought you were a really nice guy. i thought it was nice of you to remember that i had complained that the rest of you were on vacation, while i was not. it was the first thing you said to me when we met, and first impressions mean a lot to me.

Yowza. I call everyone "sweetie." I dunno - I guess it's just nice to endear people, whether you know them or not. I never thought about it... :hmm:

I take anything that I can get
even if that is being called sweety by a waitress
to me that would be a good day

jesse, i understand what your saying. i hope i didnt call you those offending names. im sure i didnt, but im sorry in advanced.

I dont call anyone sweetie :crack:

Except my boyfriend. :kiss:

Is it cuz I live in California? :uhoh:

I think this lady was nice but a little to syrupy..
maybe sweeetie once but not a dozen times..

db9

icelle, bonosgorl84, mvd_75, martha (an to the rest) i'm not pissed off at u or anything. i just don't like it when people who i never met online or offline (unless i'm attracted to em)... call me it 10 or 12 times in 2 hours! like the waitress.

bonosgirl, i know what u were sayin, dont think i was offended by that. i wasn't

Last edited:
I'm guilty of the sweetie thing. Or bella. Not buddy though. Bud, maybe.

It's just where I grew up. It's a part of daily language...sort of like using the word "like" or "dude" is a sentence.

I hate ma'am too! I went the the gas station the other day and the guy at the counter kept calling me ma'am. I'm like, 'I'm 20! Stop making me feel like I'm old enough to retire!"

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
I hate ma'am too! I went the the gas station the other day and the guy at the counter kept calling me ma'am. I'm like, 'I'm 20! Stop making me feel like I'm old enough to retire!"
exactly!!! it makes me feel either really old or like some mean drill sergeant.

WELL jesse do i ever have a confession for YOU!! :sexywink:

i had that thread open (you with diamond and the sign) in my room here with a bunch of my friends behind my computer...and they were all: :drool: :cute: :combust: lol, you're definately a hit up here at my uni....so maybe sometimes girls are calling you "sweetie" cos you're really good looking.

really. good looking.

Lilly said:

WELL jesse do i ever have a confession for YOU!! :sexywink:

i had that thread open (you with diamond and the sign) in my room here with a bunch of my friends behind my computer...and they were all: :drool: :cute: :combust: lol, you're definately a hit up here at my uni....so maybe sometimes girls are calling you "sweetie" cos you're really good looking.

really. good looking.

hmm, :D why thank u Lilly. i don't mind that at all! where u at again? SD? :) :hmm:

tell ur friends i said hi!

:wave:

such a he-man

:eeklaugh: Jesse..you kill me..always workin the ladies..I mean that in a good way...but I gotta say..you sure do get a lot of action...:sexywink: now I know why Diamond sticks like glue to you...:lol:

Back
Top Bottom