Did Lanois Ruin NLOTH A Little?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedantic. Please use Straw Man and Obtuse for some more forum chestnuts.

No. Your opinion of her opinion was stated as fact. Exactly what you accused her of doing.

What I think of her opinion is irrelevant in my response to you. I love you guys who pretend to get all worked up over other people's opinions. I know you really don't. You're just trying to display how intelligent you think you are. But the irony of the whole thing is entertaining.

Oh, and this is all just my opinion. :wave:

Deflect fail.

I would never have used any of those other words, but the truly ironic thing is how you just self-fulfilled your own post...you have basically used your opinion vs fact argument as your own little straw man instead of speaking to her post. See what I did there? :lol:

If I write: "no truly skilled carpenter uses a power saw to cut his wood and must only use a hand saw to be considered a real carpenter!" - Am I stating an opinion or am I framing a completely untrue and false statement as fact? Even if it is just my opinion, do I not open up myself for criticism and ridicule if I make such a patently outlandish statement? Yes, I do. The color blue is the color blue, not red, and no amount of opining about it can change the simple fact. If I state that in my opinion the background of Interference is red, I'm wrong. Period.

Bottom line is, none of what she wrote a. makes any sense or b. has any grounding in reality or fact. That is what I addressed in my response, and until you can point to a part of her post that does make any sense or has any grounding in reality or fact instead of focusing on me, yes, you are being pedantic.

:)

Guys...when people make outlandish statements like "musicians only add layers to music to cover up mistakes", is it really even necessary to argue? Obviously that person is irrational. Just let it go. It's not like he or she is going to spread false truths throughout this forum, converting the weakminded and leading them down a road of musical idiocy forever. These people pose no threats to you or anyone else.

This coming from you is laughable, to say the least.

But point taken, I can't for the life of me figure out why 65980 or whatever decided to bother in the first place. Must've been a bad day or something.

...which is stupid to say the least since it's a U2 forum, why anyone should take anything hear to heart is ridiculous (tho i am guilty of it)

Deflect fail.

I would never have used any of those other words, but the truly ironic thing is how you just self-fulfilled your own post...you have basically used your opinion vs fact argument as your own little straw man instead of speaking to her post. See what I did there? :lol:

Wow, "fail" and "straw man". Its like you're another robot self procreated by the forum.

I didn't take issue with her post. I don't agree with it in the context she's got going. But that's not what bothered me. So why are you so worried about what I think about it? What bothered me is little BVS junoir here getting your panties in a bunch (read: trying to display how smart you are) over an opinion.

The only way you can justify your own pretentiousness is to claim that the poster posted her opinion as fact. Which in and of itself is posting ones opinion as fact.

And if you were half as smart as you think you are (or trying to pretend to be) you'd know that any forum as ALL opinion. Especially in the world of art, which is where we are.

But of course then, that's not nearly as fun, right?

See, I don't care for people who put others down to make themselves look big. If you've got a little dick, get over it. There's no need try and compensate for it on a forum. That's pathetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom