Devil's Beef Tub, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll wait till this weekend. Something epic always happens over the weekend. Or I'll be bored and demand entertainment. That's how he started it with me Tuesday.

Derek: I'm so bored. Help.

This is why I bet GG2 that something would happen before this weekend's done.

And I bet the two of you are more than happy to help with each other's boredom, but you're both just too wimpy or being too mature at the moment ... :shifty:

Really, I have no idea. But whenever a date is decided, I am gonna stock up on some alcohol.

And some V8 of course. I do believe I'd be needing it. :wink:

... oh my god, Serena. I must thank you. I have been meaning to drink some mezcal tonight, but I hate its taste so much that I wanted something to chase it immediately after the shot. I couldn't think of anything but milk or beer. But then I remembered... I bought some V8 last time I was here! :ohmy: Thank you for the reminder!

You were drinking it out of a wine glass, right? Last time I had vodka, I didn't get too hammered, but I still got sick. Bastard! I wanted that first one, not the other! Maybe you should try whiskey instead - even if the alcohol percentages are generally pretty similar, there's a difference in how you'll react. I have forgotten everything about myself while drinking whiskey on a few occasions. In fact, the only times I've ever been carried home, I had been drinking whiskey earlier.

Yeah, FAR was too lazy to get out her shot glasses, so I just drank a wine glass of vodka straight. No major inebriation or sickness!

I've never tried whiskey, nor do I know anybody who does drink it. What's it like?

This is why I bet GG2 that something would happen before this weekend's done.

And I bet the two of you are more than happy to help with each other's boredom, but you're both just too wimpy or being too mature at the moment ... :shifty:
not bloody likely!

He's being a wimp, I'm being a wimp, but trying to play it off as maturity.

... oh my god, Serena. I must thank you. I have been meaning to drink some mezcal tonight, but I hate its taste so much that I wanted something to chase it immediately after the shot. I couldn't think of anything but milk or beer. But then I remembered... I bought some V8 last time I was here! :ohmy: Thank you for the reminder!
You are most welcome. :wink:

I'm glad someone benefits from my obsession with V8 juice. :lol:

Yeah, FAR was too lazy to get out her shot glasses, so I just drank a wine glass of vodka straight. No major inebriation or sickness!

I've never tried whiskey, nor do I know anybody who does drink it. What's it like?
Irish whiskey tastes good, but it fucks you up. Well, it fucked me up after 3 shots. And 6 margaritas. And 2 beers. And a wine cooler...

Well, depending on the brand, it's got a pretty strong taste. I can't say I really like the taste of any kind of Whiskey, but I do drink it from time to time and it does do the trick.

I drank vodka out of a big glass recently too, but see I was mixing it with chardonnay. Try that next time. :lol: Not my idea, by the way!

Whiskey is varied. I don't really like bourbons, I prefer Scotches. I'm not sure if there's a difference or what the difference is, but I know what I like, and Scotches don't give me as bad hangovers.

I drank vodka out of a big glass recently too, but see I was mixing it with chardonnay. Try that next time. :lol: Not my idea, by the way!

Whiskey is varied. I don't really like bourbons, I prefer Scotches. I'm not sure if there's a difference or what the difference is, but I know what I like, and Scotches don't give me as bad hangovers.

I'm always afraid of wasting good wine, though! I outright refuse to use wine in my cooking, for example.

For some reason, I have rum and whiskey associated in my mind. Maybe for no better reason than those I've known in the past who've liked one like the other. I'm pretty clueless about both, though rum through choice after my one solitary sip of rum proved to be the most vile thing that I've ever had to drink!

I think Vazza's not bad at holding her drink.

But this thread mostly seems to have cheap drunks!

Aha. The only people I've ever seen drink besides you and Bonnie are the cheap drunks. :lol:

It will be epic when/if we have a drink off.

Nobody can call me a cheap drunk, I spend ten dollars on single beers. :nerd:

Nobody can call me a cheap drunk: I'm skeptical of any wine under $12. I know you can occasionally pick up some quite sensational stuff for $7 or less, but it's a risk. I tend to stick around the $15 mark because I know I've a good chance of something good, or at least decent, and I don't feel that out-of-pocket.

I wish I could buy the more expensive Kiwi pinot noirs at the local bottle-o, though.

I'm always afraid of wasting good wine, though! I outright refuse to use wine in my cooking, for example.

For some reason, I have rum and whiskey associated in my mind. Maybe for no better reason than those I've known in the past who've liked one like the other. I'm pretty clueless about both, though rum through choice after my one solitary sip of rum proved to be the most vile thing that I've ever had to drink!
Eh, it depends on the Rum, really.
Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum smells like vanilla pepsi, has a pretty nice flavour and goes down easy. I also quite like the Parrot Bay Coconut Rum. Also by Captain Morgan's.

I can't wait for your accompanying MS Paint cartoon.

here lol!

babbcn2.gif

The Irish Cream I buy is always above $20. There are brands for around $12 but I have found that through tasting them when someone else has them, that they are quite inferior to the ones I buy.
The cinnamon schnapps is also about $20 and the mint is about $13. (Best part about that, is that it's 50% :drool:)

Eh, it depends on the Rum, really.
Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum smells like vanilla pepsi, has a pretty nice flavour and goes down easy. I also quite like the Parrot Bay Coconut Rum. Also by Captain Morgan's.

I had straight Bundaberg rum.

I think it took two bottles of ... something non-alcoholic, I forget what, to wash most of the taste out of my mouth.

I have somewhat enjoyed rum & Coke and rum & orange, but in both cases thought I'd have enjoyed the Coke and the orange juice more by themselves.

Oh my god, Ax - my parents and the parents of this family we've known since forever were at an Adelaide bottle-o. Dad and the other guy saw these 2 dollar wines, and they bought twelve of them! Apparently they were so vile they felt sick afterwards. Mum was a little more cautious, but I think the guys just wanted to get crunked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom