Detroit Rock City

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miroslava said:
The last time I had 5 days of U2-ey goodness I:

1. Had a microphone shoved in my face by Bono at Toronto 4 and embarrased myself by forgetting how to speak spanish

2. Spoke with Bono and told him I was an eejit and forgot how to speak Spanish before Chicago 1

3. Bono in his awesomeness shoved a microphone in my face again and told me to speak spanish again during Chicago 1

4. Got my dance and got a microphone shoved in my face again during Chicago 2

:faint:

It's someone else's turn to have The Best Week EVER and I'd love to be there to watch it! :hyper:

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Forecast for Pittsburgh: RAIN!!!!! Woohoo!

I'm still working on it Lies, still working on it! The 3 of us need to be there! :hyper:

I will be arriving in Detroit on Saturday and my only plan for the rest of the weekend/Monday is to hook up with my cousins and get in line for U2.

Reading this thread, it might mean buying Cheap Trick tickets and hiding in a bathroom!

OR

Paint myself to look like a parking spot and hide in plain sight at the Palace.

OR

Rely on the powerful fan information network to get us all together somewhere where WE can organize a line and beat the Palace at their own game.

Should we designate one of these hotel room holders as the line head? Maybe people could come there and we create a book and marker number on hand. Much like the successful line procedures of the past U2 lines? Then we all gradefully and dutifully line up at the Palace at 2 PM and form a well organized line?

At the very least I will be around to show off my new U2 tattoo.

M

-

Miroslava

What a generous and sweet comment....let me add to that by saying, I hope it's one of you that has obviously devoted themselves completely to the cause....If it happens to me, I'm afraid I'd have a heart attack from excitment.....:faint:

Back to business:

I think meeting at the hotel is a good idea... I dont know that we can get everyone to agree to meet there first though...

I think what we can do is have maybe a small group of "representatives" (say 2-4) at the venue starting at say 10:00 with another group at the hotel. The notebook holder can take numbers of people arriving at the venue and those at the hotel can call in everytime someone new arrives and then at midnight we all descend to the Palace?

:huh:

Miroslava said:
Back to business:

I think meeting at the hotel is a good idea... I dont know that we can get everyone to agree to meet there first though...

I think what we can do is have maybe a small group of "representatives" (say 2-4) at the venue starting at say 10:00 with another group at the hotel. The notebook holder can take numbers of people arriving at the venue and those at the hotel can call in everytime someone new arrives and then at midnight we all descend to the Palace?

:huh:

Well - like I said I have nothing to do but hang out for U2 - so I volunteer in whatever capacity is needed. I have a very colorful car we could use as a gathering landmark - it is a Harlequin VW and I have a cell phone with lots of minutes!

Last edited:
well, the hotel meeting idea is OK, but someone would have to pick me up from the Palace:)

romi said:
well, the hotel meeting idea is OK, but someone would have to pick me up from the Palace:)

SERIOUSLY - I LIVE for this. On Elevation I ended up driving fellow fans home at 3 AM from Phillips after waiting to meet the boys.

I will drive people and I already have a stool so I can set up shop on the sidewalk somewhere. All I need is a sign that says "LINE STARTS HERE!"

. . . hhmm I thinks this screams 'project' - I will have to see what I can come up with.

Last edited:
es7ziq.jpg

:wink:

the sign is a great idea, actually...

and as far as what I mean, I will be at the Palace from Sunday morningish, so if you guys arrive after noon and meet at your hotel to start the line there, I am stuck by myself at the Palace without a number:wink:

romi said:
the sign is a great idea, actually...

and as far as what I mean, I will be at the Palace from Sunday morningish, so if you guys arrive after noon and meet at your hotel to start the line there, I am stuck by myself at the Palace without a number:wink:

You would already have a number silly! :lol:

You guys are killin me....aint nobody gonna be allowed to camp out from Sunday noon....lets plan to have some fun, we've got a day to kill and numerous hotel rooms now....whats around there??

gabrielvox said:
You guys are killin me....aint nobody gonna be allowed to camp out from Sunday noon....lets plan to have some fun, we've got a day to kill and numerous hotel rooms now....whats around there??

Nothing :happy:

And you're just trying to talk us out of camping so you can go camp, aren't you? :angry:

gabrielvox said:

I wouldn't be camping, per se, I would just be working the security gaurds to officially let us onto the peroperty, as well, as fining a parking lot close by. I also plan on going to one of auto factories in the area, but as far as entertainment in that part of Auburn Hills, that's about it....

Miroslava said:

Nothing :happy:

And you're just trying to talk us out of camping so you can go camp, aren't you? :angry:

It would break a mother's heart to find out that Gabriel is possible of such deciept.......

Gabriel.....don't make me ground you and send you to the back of the line:shocked:

Listen you :nerd:s lol

Is there a bar nearby? Even the smallest greasiest joint?

Do they have a karaoke machine? If not, how much you wanna bet that if we call them and say lookit, we'll bring in a karaoke machine and CDs (I have all the U2 songs in karaoke pretty much) if you let us hook up to your sound system and a small TV, that they'll let us do it?

Cmon, Sunday in the suburbs? Gotta be dead at that bar.

Now THATs a party - we could even send ppl over at regular intervals to check the security situation..

low stress, loads of FUN

I'll organize it - someone give me the number of the closest bars and I'm on it - I do similar pitches to bars regularly, dontcha know ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom