Detroit II Setlist Watch and Party - Part III

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have no clue why I played that =P I recorded that a few years ago when I'd just gotten this recording software... I must have been bored & drunk. That's the only excuse.

Just got back from the concert. Oh boy, what a show! People have the Power! U2 tore it up tonite folks. Bono remarked on the special relaionship between the band and the ciy of Detroit. Crowd was on fire and Bono seemed to feed off it Seemed to be very active tonight. Several references to Rosa Parks on Pride and dedicated "One" to her. 5 out 5 stars. More later!

Last edited:
gorman said:
I have no clue why I played that =P I recorded that a few years ago when I'd just gotten this recording software... I must have been bored & drunk. That's the only excuse.

:wink:

Alcohol is the root of all evil.

wenda said:
BrightestStar...

I'm DESPERATE to go to the Buffalo show, but other than that I got nothing lined up.

My cousin who wants to go too isn't willing to pay for the top price tickets so I had to pass up on a pair that were offered to me. :mad:

It's driving me crazy...

How about you?

Unless there's an extended tour and they come visit TO again, I'm done, as it stands now. :sigh:

But TO3 was my first ever show, and it was awesome. :heart: I couldn't have asked for more.

And I hope you manage to find some tickets....I hear Buffalo is rather pricey. :slant:
Good luck!

I must go study.

And thanks again to Gorman!!

I wished I'd stayed hooked up to hear I will survive. :lol:

we didn't know how to describe it scotty, LOL.

Bigwali - you made it home quickly! Wow! Disregard my text messages, LOL

BREAKING NEWS: U2 comes back on stage to perform a 12 minute version of Vertigo...

More new as it comes!

typhoon said:
They should do a full version of "People Have the Power."
Fuck yeah they should! They should have done it in NYC whle Patti Smith was opening for them, she could have joined them! That would be perfect. I would love to see Larry playing that beat, it sounds a lot like his style of drumming, plus Bono and Edge shouting the chorus would be soooooo sweet! They should play it after All Because Of You! :drool:

TheBrazilianFly said:

Fuck yeah they should! They should have done it in NYC whle Patti Smith was opening for them, she could have joined them! That would be perfect. I would love to see Larry playing that beat, it sounds a lot like his style of drumming, plus Bono and Edge shouting the chorus would be soooooo sweet! They should play it after All Because Of You! :drool:

Patti Smith is opening the November NY shows (Keane opened in October).

Just got back. No elipse for me tonight, but I think twice in a row may have been asking for too much. It was nice that they mixed things up, at least a bit. No ABOY, Electric Co. or Yahweh. Nice they included I Will Follow, Gloria and The Ocean. MLK at the end of One was cool, as well, and maybe spontanious. Bono walked over as One was winding down and said something to Edge. During the song, he changed the lyric to "she" in honor of Rosa Parks.
The only complaint I have -- and it's a minor point -- is that the first encore is WAY too mellow. The First Time, Wild Horses and WOWY....kinda sleepy. But then we got a rocking version of Crumbs and their best closer ever IMO, Bad. In all, great show, good setlist, excellent crowd. The band seemed to be in high spirits and great form.

OMG, that was the most amazing thing ever!!!!! Even with the mellow first encore. :madspit: :wink:

For the love of God, the second encore had crumbs!!!!!

There just aren't enough :hyper: s In the world. :happy:

Back
Top Bottom