DESIRE referes to:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2mex

The Fly
Hi
Does any one know in "Desire":
"She's the dollars/She's my protection/Yeah, she's the promise/In the year of election"
Refers to who???

I'm going out on a limb here...probably refers to desire...

(You know...we desire money, protection, election promises from politicians)

Last edited:
I don't remmeber how, but I think DESIRE is based in a violent district in New Orleans, I guess she refers a "gun".
Anyway it was a question in a contest to win a trip to Hawaii that already ended.
Thanks

"John Lennon was once asked whether Ringo Starr was the best drummer in the world, to which he responded "He's not even the best drummer in the Beatles".

u2mex said:
I don't remmeber how, but I think DESIRE is based in a violent district in New Orleans, I guess she refers a "gun".

I knew I wasn't losing it when I told someone I had heard that one before! I heard that Bono wrote the song during the JT tour after a visit to New Orleans.

There's a part of town in the area I grew up in called "Desire." Y'all heard of "A Streetcar Named Desire," right? Well, this part of town was/is not a great part of town. Total ghetto. Full of crackwhores and murder. And it makes total sense when you know how that part of town is...

I seriously thought I was losing it. This was an argument between myself and a co-worker not too long ago.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom