Desert Island IV Master List & Tournament Schedule

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Khan, thanks for editing it in! :love:

tourist, those covers are beautiful!

phanan, I love it that you included Vienna! :love: I only recently rediscovered it after watching my Live Aid dvd set. :drool:

Hey, phanan, how come you've changed the scoring system? It used to be 3 points for a win, 2 points for a tie, and 1 point if you lost by 5 votes or less. I thought the bonus points really added something and made close rounds all the more interesting.

Axver said:
Hey, phanan, how come you've changed the scoring system? It used to be 3 points for a win, 2 points for a tie, and 1 point if you lost by 5 votes or less. I thought the bonus points really added something and made close rounds all the more interesting.

What is it now? Non-premiums can't see the attachment. I thought it was a loss by 3 votes or less for a point.

My pictures:

Life is Going Nowhere (Disc 1.):

thGirl_Grief-web1.jpg

Life is Short, So Start Living! (Disc 2.):

thmeadow.jpg

Last edited:
Axver said:

To be honest, I totally forgot about that. I strictly went by the World Cup point system.

It was less than 5 votes, or 4 votes or less, last time. I guess we could do it again, although in reviewing the results of DI3, it didn't seem to make a difference in the end.

Damn. I didn't know that.

I couldn't get it to appear within the post for some reason. Apparently Interference doesn't like the htm format, and it won't even recognize an excel spreadsheet.

I guess I'll have to type it out. It will be on the website shortly, though.

LemonMelon said:

:lmao:

We're all piling on, and for good reason; 3-time finalists need their balloon popped. :wink:

:lol:

And he has Brandon Routh as Superman on his cover. That's like putting up a picture of Val Kilmer as Batman, if that has anything to do with anything.

As long as it's a friendly backlash, I'm cool with having one. There are too many lists more well-thought and executed than mine for mine to do well at all.

Last edited:
Screwtape2 said:

Well that and a poorly executed intervention from your movie obsession. :wink:

This is confirmed.

And like Monty Python, I'll have to do something completely different next time around then.

Last edited:
LemonMacPhisto said:

This is confirmed.

And like Monty Python, I'll have to do something completely different next time around then.

A concept album about Old Gregg.

It'll be the only playlist with a mangina.

I hope Axver will appreciate the atmosphere. And Funk.

One other thing I failed to mention at the beginning.

Each match will be 24 hours long, except for the FINAL, which will be 48 hours.

Also, for Round One, we will do two matches at a time, and then kick it up to four matches beginning with Round Two. This will allow everyone additional time to check out every playlist.

As usual Avxer has the most I am least familiar with, as well as the tourist this time as well...dudes you hurt my pride in knowing everything:wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

you win points for me just for including a spice girls song.

seriously people, it's just ONE SONG. if one band bothers you so much, just skip it for crying out loud. :|

Good advice :up:

Looking forward to the competition starting! :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom