December 1st and 3rd 2010 - Etihad Stadium - Melbourne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm singin' in the rain
Just singin' in the rain
What a glorious feeling
This snippet again

I spy token AC/DC snippets on the horizon.

OH DEAR GOD NO. :panic:

So, the roof will be open:

Forecast for Wednesday

Cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Light winds and fresh afternoon seabreezes.
City Centre
Chance of storms. Showers.
Min
Max

Forecast for Friday

Partly cloudy. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Winds northeasterly averaging up to 25 km/h tending southeasterly up to 30 km/h in the afternoon.
City Centre
Chance of storms. Showers.
Min
Max

Woo. Hoo.

Rain just adds to the atmosphere. :up:

Just ran into Bono's tech (Fraser????) in Elizabeth st. He shook hands but I think was a bit freaked that I recognized him lol. tWas such a surprise, I wasn't able to ask anything useful lol

Haha that would have been a bit freaky for him!

Have you had a look over at Ethiad Stadium today? is the stage poking out of the top yet?

Went down today. Stage not poking out the top yet but plenty visible. Gate 7 is the money spot.

Took some photos, will put them on U2gigs, hopefully before 6 or so.

I, for one, don't want to catch YET ANOTHER cold from concert-related rain. Love that one of the people touting the virtues of a rainy concert has never so much as been to one, Vlad.

For those of you interested in a meet-up, there may be drinks on Tuesday night, and/or on Thursday night. On one of those nights, I want to go to Borsch, Vodka, And Tears over in Windsor.

Is this just a maybe? It would be nice to meet you Melbourners, but I was stood up in Auckland last week!

Is this just a maybe? It would be nice to meet you Melbourners, but I was stood up in Auckland last week!

Definitely will make sure something happens this week. I think Borsch, Vodka And Tears may just be too inconvenient a location ... problem is, I don't know any good pubs in the CBD!

Fellow Melburnians, help? PA's by Melbourne Uni might not be too inconvenient?

I need to hurry up and write this U2gigs article with today's photos ...

I've got a room in a hostel for tomorra night (a bed! a real, proper bed!) which is close to the stadium. So if anybody is in the queue tomorra and can escape for a couple of hours for a beer then pick a pub in the vicinity and post it here!

I've got a room in a hostel for tomorra night (a bed! a real, proper bed!) which is close to the stadium. So if anybody is in the queue tomorra and can escape for a couple of hours for a beer then pick a pub in the vicinity and post it here!

I would be keen for that as well:sexywink:. The only pub i know in melbourne is the Lion at Melbourne Central

I'll be there in the GA line on both Wednesday and Friday. Hoping it doesn't rain! Couple of Q's -

I plan on getting there around midday. Does that sound about right? Surely no need to get there ridiculously early. On Wednesday I am flying in from Sydney.

What is this Gate 7 talk? Are there a bunch of separate gates = separate GA lines and you have to pick which one to be in?

Anyone know what how the GA line will operate in terms of getting stamped, going away, coming back etc.... Yeah can expect there will be the usual line nazi's but wondering if security have anything orderly in mind?

Now here are some great shots from inside Etihad, submitted by one of the riggers: Photos inside Etihad Stadium, Melbourne - U2gigs.com

I'll be there in the GA line on both Wednesday and Friday. Hoping it doesn't rain! Couple of Q's -

I plan on getting there around midday. Does that sound about right? Surely no need to get there ridiculously early. On Wednesday I am flying in from Sydney.

What is this Gate 7 talk? Are there a bunch of separate gates = separate GA lines and you have to pick which one to be in?

Anyone know what how the GA line will operate in terms of getting stamped, going away, coming back etc.... Yeah can expect there will be the usual line nazi's but wondering if security have anything orderly in mind?

Midday will do you fine. I'm not even getting there until about 2:30-3pm, but then I'm not trying to get on the front rail or anything.

As for gate 7, the GA queue will be there. All GA concertgoers enter via that gate. It just so happens to also be the best gate to sneak a peek of the stage under construction (gate 1 is also good for that purpose).

Any excuse to get shots of trams in..... :tsk:

Oh, I'll quite happily admit I had ulterior motives there! :lol:

I haven't logged on here for ages (do admit to a lot of lurking, though!), but am getting to excited not to comment! Thanks for the pics of Etihad. :)

Will be in the GA line early on Friday... :) Have seats for Wednesday though... can't wait for both gigs!

Midday will do you fine. I'm not even getting there until about 2:30-3pm, but then I'm not trying to get on the front rail or anything.

That's around when I plan to arrive, what do you suggest would the the best position to aim for if I arrive at 2.30? We wouldn't be that far back would we?

Thanks for the great photos and reports as well Ax :wave::up:

Hey all, flying across tomorrow from Perth. :hyper: Would love to meet some other U2 fans if poss. :love: If not, see you in the queue :D

For tonight, since nobody's really got any good ideas and because I honestly wouldn't mind an early night, shall we maybe just meet up for dinner and those who want to can proceed on to a nearby drinking establishment?

In any case, the non-Melburnians need to be taken to the Melbourne institution that is Lord Of The Fries. Who's up for that in Melbourne Central?

That's around when I plan to arrive, what do you suggest would the the best position to aim for if I arrive at 2.30? We wouldn't be that far back would we?

Thanks for the great photos and reports as well Ax :wave::up:

Depends how hard you try. You can usually get into the inner zone, or near the outer rail. Matt (my U2gigs partner in crime) usually arrived mid afternoon and he'd either get in the inner zone or another good, close spot, as seen in all of his videos.

Just sent out a PM trying to make some provisional arrangements for a meet-up tonight. If you didn't get one but are interested in some Lord Of The Fries at Melbourne Central around 7, let me know.

am keen to meet up guys - do you know if they will be doing any sound tests tonight? we should gather to hear that if they do.

Very excited about Melbourne 1st and 3rd! My first U2 gigs! I'm thinking of a 1 or 2pm line up too. Luckily I have an understanding boyfriend who's tagging along. Be good to meet fellow U2 fans!

am keen to meet up guys - do you know if they will be doing any sound tests tonight? we should gather to hear that if they do.

I highly, highly doubt it. Although they normally rehearse the night before a gig in the first city, they don't keep doing that in the second city. Right now I can only think of one example of U2 soundchecking before the night of a mid-leg gig, in Italy in 1993. Judging by how incomplete the stage was yesterday, not sure it'd even be ready for the band to soundcheck tonight.

However, I will be swinging by Etihad before the fan meet-up to see what's happening. The fan meet-up itself is currently scheduled for 7pm at Lord Of The Fries in Melbourne Central (not the Flinders/Elizabeth one!); all welcome.

a stupid question for most of you.
but a lot of my casual u2 fans that are coming with me belive we cant get into the inner circle with normal GA tickets
please tell me this is false?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom