December 1st and 3rd 2010 - Etihad Stadium - Melbourne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot believe it's already 4 years since they were last year. Wow. Time goes fast!

Firstly - Mr Nathan 15:

Aisle 47 I believe is relevant to each level (I think). Just google Etihad Stadium Floor Plan, then go to the images search.

(check this out....http://www.richmondfc.com.au/portals/0/richmond_docs/venue maps.jpg)

For those wanting to queue early - it will depend on a few things.

I went to Vertigo (Show 2, from memory) in Melbourne in 2006, and it was a fairly hot day. And again, U2 are coming here in the summer months.

I was there at about 1pm or so. And I got into the Ellipse (or whatever it was called) for the show. No problems.

However, do you mind waiting around till about 9pm in the summer heat? Sitting around and so forth..... I had the same issues with Robbie Williams. Queue outside the stadium, run in (everyone panics - very funny!), get your spot, and........wait. For hours.

U2's show will have about 50,000+ people at Etihad Stadium. It should be a sell out. Few people, of the General Admission tickets, will actually come early.

-BUT-

The frustrating thing was that I think I could have arrived a little later, or so, and go the same spot that I had - because people were wandering around the Ellipse with nothing much to do - in fact arriving an hour or two later than I did - and I had a basic spot in the middle. If you queue at, say, 2pm, or earlier, you should get into the 360 inner circle.

The whole arriving early thing is a pain in the arse... but you will enjoy a good show. The alternative is to be like the average show-goer and arrived at 6pm or thereabouts and be up the middle or the back in GA - which happened to people I bought tickets with.

Hope this all makes sense.

I cannot believe it's already 4 years since they were last year. Wow. Time goes fast!

Firstly - Mr Nathan 15:

Aisle 47 I believe is relevant to each level (I think). Just google Etihad Stadium Floor Plan, then go to the images search.

(check this out....http://www.richmondfc.com.au/portals/0/richmond_docs/venue maps.jpg)

For those wanting to queue early - it will depend on a few things.

I went to Vertigo (Show 2, from memory) in Melbourne in 2006, and it was a fairly hot day. And again, U2 are coming here in the summer months.

I was there at about 1pm or so. And I got into the Ellipse (or whatever it was called) for the show. No problems.

However, do you mind waiting around till about 9pm in the summer heat? Sitting around and so forth..... I had the same issues with Robbie Williams. Queue outside the stadium, run in (everyone panics - very funny!), get your spot, and........wait. For hours.

U2's show will have about 50,000+ people at Etihad Stadium. It should be a sell out. Few people, of the General Admission tickets, will actually come early.

-BUT-

The frustrating thing was that I think I could have arrived a little later, or so, and go the same spot that I had - because people were wandering around the Ellipse with nothing much to do - in fact arriving an hour or two later than I did - and I had a basic spot in the middle. If you queue at, say, 2pm, or earlier, you should get into the 360 inner circle.

The whole arriving early thing is a pain in the arse... but you will enjoy a good show. The alternative is to be like the average show-goer and arrived at 6pm or thereabouts and be up the middle or the back in GA - which happened to people I bought tickets with.

Hope this all makes sense.
You are spot on!
The last 4 years have gone so quick!! Never thought back then that i would get married...ha ha!

I had reserved seats for the first Melbourne show (Vertigo 06) and GA for the second night.
I just went home after the first concert, had a shower, got changed, picked up my cousin (who was willing to line up with me) and went back to then Telstra Dome and started waiting! Got there about 2 or 3am i think, and just waited till opening time!
Yes it was sooooooo hot that day, but the wait was worth it as we were about 2 - 3 people deep from the front of the stage! We found some plastic chairs hanging around outside Telstra Dome and tried to sleep, but i couldn`t, and nearly stayed up the whole time!
Made some friends while waiting and later in the morning the staff arrived and fenced us off, then we were able to get in and out for food and stuff, so wasn`t too bad!

Have (Red) Zone for both nights this time around! I have to work both days so can`t line up early for GA.

I hope it`s worth it!

Mikie.

You are spot on!
The last 4 years have gone so quick!! Never thought back then that i would get married...ha ha!

I had reserved seats for the first Melbourne show (Vertigo 06) and GA for the second night.
I just went home after the first concert, had a shower, got changed, picked up my cousin (who was willing to line up with me) and went back to then Telstra Dome and started waiting! Got there about 2 or 3am i think, and just waited till opening time!
Yes it was sooooooo hot that day, but the wait was worth it as we were about 2 - 3 people deep from the front of the stage! We found some plastic chairs hanging around outside Telstra Dome and tried to sleep, but i couldn`t, and nearly stayed up the whole time!
Made some friends while waiting and later in the morning the staff arrived and fenced us off, then we were able to get in and out for food and stuff, so wasn`t too bad!

Have (Red) Zone for both nights this time around! I have to work both days so can`t line up early for GA.

I hope it`s worth it!

Mikie.

You lined up at 2am and only got 2/3 people deep? Shouldn't you have had front row? :S

I had pick of spots in other cities for lining up at 6/7am. I'll be lining up earlier then that this time though just out of paranoia :D

Wow cliche alert but the time since ticket sales hasn't dragged at all, and it's awesome to think that there is less than 2 months to Melbourne, or to put it into a different measure, only 3 more U2 shows to go..:lol: Obviously let's hope this great spring weather keeps up into summer, because blue skies, daylight saving sunsets and U2 = delicious, as mr bruce mcavaney would say!

Wow cliche alert but the time since ticket sales hasn't dragged at all, and it's awesome to think that there is less than 2 months to Melbourne, or to put it into a different measure, only 3 more U2 shows to go..:lol: Obviously let's hope this great spring weather keeps up into summer, because blue skies, daylight saving sunsets and U2 = delicious, as mr bruce mcavaney would say!

Let's hope everyone with GAs gets centimetre perfect positions.

You lined up at 2am and only got 2/3 people deep? Shouldn't you have had front row? :S

Yeah, this. For that show I arrived around midday or so and I was also 2-3 rows deep from the front rail, Edge's side.

Admittedly I can walk very fast, but if you arrive before 9am or so, you are pretty much guaranteed a spot on the rail somewhere.

Has anyone mentioned the fact that melbourne imax are showing U2 3D again? sorry if they have and sorry if this is known by all here. I don't get to see it but consolation prize being the real thing, i'm not complaining! :wink:

so in effect we have about a week (or two shows) between the leg opening and Melbourne 1. Who's not going to check set lists etc of Auckland beforehand? I think i might not, I mean i'd have an idea of what the order may be, but to really have no sense of the set would be pretty cool for my first show i reckon :up:

i haven't seen a setlist since the night Mercy debuted, and i won't be checking any sets until after the Brisbane show.

seriously though, this thread has two pages less than Shitney's. COME ON!!!1!

they are continually dropping songs off the new album from their set :(
aren't they touring this album?
anyway im lining up at 1 pm so i'll see how i go :)

they are continually dropping songs off the new album from their set :(
aren't they touring this album?
anyway im lining up at 1 pm so i'll see how i go :)

same, maybe about 2, we'll probably have to check into our hotel first.. :crack: Hope some great spots are on offer. As long as I'm there by soundcheck time!

ps. it's the northern end we line up at yeah? the side that isn't next to the footbridge? Thanks guys :wave:

i have 2 GA tickets (for the 3rd) and 1 front section $299 ticket for the 1st if anyone wants - please message me if you'd like!
:wave:

BE QUICK 1 $299.90 Front Section seat Melb 1 Dec!!

Hi - I have one $299.90 reserved seat for their first Oz concert in Melbourne that i need to sell.

It would be a shame for this seat to be left free and unused!!!

Its a genuine offer and I will email picture of ticket and express post free to the lucky person. Details are:

U2 - Reserved Seating
Etihad Stadium, Docklands, VIC
Seat location: section L1 43, row M (one the edge's side)

private message me or email me bowleyn@gmail.com

3 weeks to go!!

cheers bazza

There are now some GA tickets available for December 1, must have had a ticket drop. Also only single seats available for this night.
For the second show GA is still sold out but you are able to get 8x P1 tickets.

Anyone think U2 could appear at Hamish & Andy's Myer Music Bowl show before the show on December 3? :hmm:

Bono and Edge of course made an impromptu appearance at the Bowl last time for the MPH concert (albeit not on the same day of a show). If they appear about 5PM or so that's still 4 hours+ before the show proper.

Bono and Edge have also been interviewed by H&A earlier in the year, so they'll at least have some vague idea of who they're dealing with.

There's also this quote:

"The free concert-like events, which listeners can attend, will include live musical performances."

Link to article

Thoughts?

Anyone think U2 could appear at Hamish & Andy's Myer Music Bowl show before the show on December 3? :hmm:

Bono and Edge of course made an impromptu appearance at the Bowl last time for the MPH concert (albeit not on the same day of a show). If they appear about 5PM or so that's still 4 hours+ before the show proper.

Bono and Edge have also been interviewed by H&A earlier in the year, so they'll at least have some vague idea of who they're dealing with.

There's also this quote:

"The free concert-like events, which listeners can attend, will include live musical performances."

Link to article

Thoughts?
Sounds like something they might do!

just a few days before i go on my sabbatical from this forum until the after the first Brissy gig...

but i will check back here because i would like to know if anyone who is going to Melbourne wants to meet up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom