December 1st and 3rd 2010 - Etihad Stadium - Melbourne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not security, self appointed que leader. Seems to think he has security on his side however.

I'd expect 9:30PM or so.

I have to keep pinching myself that this is happening tomorrow. Where did the time go? :lol:

Not sure it'll be that late. If Jay-Z is on at 7pm, then U2 at 8:30-45. If he's on at 7:30, then U2 at 9-9:15. Haven't seen any official stage times anywhere, oddly enough. I did think Etihad had a curfew of 11pm, but may be wrong ...?

Not sure it'll be that late. If Jay-Z is on at 7pm, then U2 at 8:30-45. If he's on at 7:30, then U2 at 9-9:15. Haven't seen any official stage times anywhere, oddly enough. I did think Etihad had a curfew of 11pm, but may be wrong ...?

From memory Auckland I and II started about 9:30 with Jay-Z and Melb II 2006 started around 9:30 also so that's where my guess came from.

There may have been a curfew in 2006 but it definitely finished around 11:30.

From memory Auckland I and II started about 9:30 with Jay-Z and Melb II 2006 started around 9:30 also so that's where my guess came from.

There may have been a curfew in 2006 but it definitely finished around 11:30.

If I'm not grossly mistaken, Auckland began closer to 9:20. Mt Smart's in the middle of nowhere though ... I suppose Etihad doesn't have too much to worry about either in terms of noise pollution for its neighbours, even if more apartments are going into Docklands by the day. I mean, Spencer St Station next door is not exactly the quietest place in the city!

If I'm not grossly mistaken, Auckland began closer to 9:20. Mt Smart's in the middle of nowhere though ... I suppose Etihad doesn't have too much to worry about either in terms of noise pollution for its neighbours, even if more apartments are going into Docklands by the day. I mean, Spencer St Station next door is not exactly the quietest place in the city!

I admit I was rounding roughly to the nearest 15 minutes so I may be out by a few :wink:

I admit I was rounding roughly to the nearest 15 minutes so I may be out by a few :wink:

And I'm going off my memory of when the first tweets came in, which 1. may be faulty and 2. the tweets came very slowly! So they probably actually began at 6pm. :wink:

I know this has probably been asked before, but what's the capacity of the inner circle area (roughly)?

I think it's around 2,000-2,500?

I have to wonder if the queue today is going to prove bigger than normal because it's the first Aussie show? Probably not though.

Helps that most shows are on weekdays; lots of people won't show until after work, so if you're doing GA a weekday is a handy headstart.

^ I was thinking the same thing with regards to the shows being on weekdays. Hopefully that's the case.

Also, if anyone's passing by a merchandise stand today, can you pretty please take a couple of photos? :camera:

GA line update. 1:15pm. Not heaps of people here yet. If you came now you'd still get a decent spot I reckon.

Security are shuffling people around trying to compress people into the pens. Was better last time in Melbourne. Hopefully order is maintained. Weather is good. A bit humid.

Update: the sun came out and it just got HOT!!!! sunscreen and shade are a must plus ill probe rain soon.

just about to leave my hotel room and head for the stadium in t-shirt and shorts and its started raining!
What to wear???....

Same Nazi's running the number system?

Nazis?! Were there probs with the queue at Melbourne 1? It seemed fairly well organised when I got there on Wednesday!

They were issuing numbers on hands, I didn't see any list of names though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom