Customizing pedals, mods and DIY pedals. Anyone tried?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Muad'zin

Refugee
Lately I'm getting into modding my pedals.

I bought a used Boss SD-1 super overdrive and it came a with a T-von SD-808 mod kit. So I tried it out and it has blown me away. I used to think the SD-1 was a good pedal but the SD-808 mod makes the original sound like shit.

Since they have a lot of mod kits for other Boss pedals I use, I'm thinking of getting some. Here's a link
for those who are interested.

And now I came across
this

Lurvy! :drool:

So, anyone else has any experience with tinkering with their toys. Or got some custom tinkered stuff?

I used to build guitar pedals. It was a several years ago and I stoped because at that time it was not easy to get the good componets. Now it is easy beause there are many internet shops (like: www.musikding.de or www.smallbearel.com).
If you like experimenting you can build a great sounding pedal.

For example I built Guyatone Ps-102 clone (some says that The Edge used this pedal in the very eary years). I put metal-film resistors and germanium diodes in it (this is what people who mode pedals usually do) and it sounded very good. Unfortunattely, my PS-102 is still without a box :).

Afetr reding your post I think i will modify my sd-1.

I never even heard of the Guyatone. But according to a quick Google search that was the distortion Edge used for SBS on Red Rocks.

Damn! Now I want one. :sad:

I have #11 of a lot of 13 remakes that is basically a clone of an original Guyatone. Its a nice little pedal. Heres a pic of mine

3166gd1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom