Coulter Attacks 9/11 Widows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
4U2Play said:

I find it ironic that Coulter's complaints about 9/11 widows who blame Bush are above reproach are savaged by those here who believe that 9/11 widows are above reproach.

Well I for one don't think it's all that sensitive or kind or relevant either to attack women who have lost their husbands in a terrorist attack in such a crass, vicious way. Yes she has the right to say whatever she wants but people also have the right to say she's a cold, heartless censored whatever.

And this isn't a "book review", if anyone has issues with it (or any threads I have made, since I assume that's also a reference to my AC thread) they don't have to read it and they are more than welcome to start whatever thread they want obviously.

Yeah, they shouldn't try to find out why and question the US govt. They should just accept it and stop being such harpies.

NY Daily News

When their husbands were killed on 9/11, four New Jersey widows tried to find out why - and now no-holds-barred conservative pundit Ann Coulter is mercilessly denouncing them as "witches."

"I'd like her to meet my daughter and tell her how anyone could enjoy their father's death," said Kristen Breitweiser, one of four widows known as the "Jersey Girls."

"She sounds like a very disturbed, unraveled person," added Breitweiser.

(Coulter also says this-"And by the way, how do we know their husbands weren't planning to divorce these harpies? Now that their shelf life is dwindling, they'd better hurry up and appear in Playboy. . .

"These self-obsessed women seemed genuinely unaware that 9/11 was an attack on our nation and acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them ")

Breitweiser, Lorie Van Auken, Mindy Kleinberg and Patty Casazza bonded after their husbands died on 9/11, leaving them with seven children and a desire for answers.

They pushed to create the 9/11 commission, which put out a scathing report criticizing the Clinton and Bush administrations for not taking the terrorist threat more seriously - and found New York's emergency response system wasn't prepared for a serious attack.

"Our ports have not been secured. Our borders have not been secured. We still haven't caught [Osama] Bin Laden," Van Auken said yesterday. "She's not even talking about what we were talking about. She's just attacking."

The Jersey Girls - or, as Coulter calls them, "the Witches of East Brunswick" - have been criticized before, but never like this. Van Auken told the Daily News she was stunned by the vitriol.

"Having my husband burn alive in a building brought me no joy," she said. "Watching it unfold on national TV and .seeing it repeated endlessly was beyond what I could describe. Telling my children they would never see their father again was not fun. And we had no plans to divorce."

It's totally inhumane to be saying things like this about people who went through such agony," said Rep. Pete King (R-L.I.).

"It seems that she's just full of anger and hate," said Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-Manhattan), who held a news conference yesterday with relatives of 9/11 victims on the country's failure to improve security.

"Like an insecure child, it's always been clear that Ann Coulter is prepared to do anything to get attention," added Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-Brooklyn, Queens). "This is a new low."

Ann Coulter is a stupid fucking media whore. She is the absolute epitome of what she thinks is evil.

I hate this woman and to be blunt I think she is a stupid fucking cunt (in the worst possible way that word can be used.)

My favorite interview I have ever seen with her was when Ron Reagan was guest hosting a news show and she happened to be on. A question was asked, she replied and he said, "I think that is just stupid. I think you are just stupid, you are actually a moron. You yell and scream and insult, but you have no idea what you are talking about. You are a moron."

This was on live TV.

Since Ann Coulter is such a die-hard republican, loves what Bush is doing, and is such a strong advocate of guns, I highly suggest we arm her to the teeth and drop her in the middle of Baghdad.

Let her fight the fight she is so proud to defend.

And when she is shot in the head, I hope those other homosexual-hating maniacs protest her burial.

God this country is so fucked up.

:mad:

ouizy said:
God this country is so fucked up.
:mad:

actually, i think her saying this is exactly what's good about america... that we live in a nation where someone can say something so rediculously fucking stupid, and not have to worry about being taken off to a goulag, never to be seen again... even though we all may want that to happen in this case.

martha said:
Again, did she actually do somnething constructive to earn her place on TV, or is she on only because people watch her and ratings go up?

while i know you dont' want to pour gasoline on the bonfire of civil discussion, she is fascinating to watch, in the way that a Discovery Health show on some horrible tumor eating the face of a 5 year old from Indonesia is fascinating to watch because you can't believe it's real, and you're horrified by its existence, and you'd never want it to happen to you, yet it's so lurid and there's such a sick fascination to watching these genetic accidents that you simply can't turn your eyes away from the screen and does a really good job getting you to examine and appreciate the normalcy of your everyday existence because you know that these things do exist and are out there and that it's really a matter of luck and chance that it hasn't happened to you.

Irvine511 said:

while i know you dont' want to pour gasoline on the bonfire of civil discussion, she is fascinating to watch, in the way that a Discovery Health show on some horrible tumor eating the face of a 5 year old from Indonesia is fascinating to watch because you can't believe it's real, and you're horrified by its existence, and you'd never want it to happen to you, yet it's so lurid and there's such a sick fascination to watching these genetic accidents that you simply can't turn your eyes away from the screen and does a really good job getting you to examine and appreciate the normalcy of your everyday existence because you know that these things do exist and are out there and that it's really a matter of luck and chance that it hasn't happened to you.

that just may be the greatest analogy i've ever seen.

well done... well done indeed

Irvine511 said:

Wow. I mean, wow...

:bow:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
actually, i think her saying this is exactly what's good about america... that we live in a nation where someone can say something so rediculously fucking stupid, and not have to worry about being taken off to a goulag, never to be seen again... even though we all may want that to happen in this case.

I agree completely.

Irvine511 said:

:up:

Originally posted by ouizy

She is the absolute epitome of what she thinks is evil

:up:

Irvine511 said:

:bow:

Irvine511 said:

Exactly! Even people who hate her will no doubt tune in to her next appearance to see how she responds to this controversy...she's the Howard Stern of political talking heads lol.

nbcrusader said:
Interesting way to characterize a speaker....

you misunderstand -- Ann Coulter is like the tumor, not like the poor 5 year old.

that poor 5 year old is America.

Irvine511 said:
you misunderstand -- Ann Coulter is like the tumor, not like the poor 5 year old.

that poor 5 year old is America.

I got the analogy.

I find it ironic that Coulter's complaints about 9/11 widows who blame Bush are above reproach are savaged by those here who believe that 9/11 widows are above reproach.

Same pattern

those here who believe that 9/11 widows are above reproach.

Straw man! Straw man!

Please point out some posts or the names of "those" here who have ever insinuated any such thing.

phanan said:
Perhaps we should have a clause for her then.

"if you do not embrace the wisdom of the past in a time of crisis, the only choice you have is to try to DESTROY the present".......quoted from:

"The Lord of the Rings and Philosophy, One Book To Rule Them All"

--------------------

This Country (the U.S.A.) right now is in crisis......

:|

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom