Condom, Gers, France Superthread - Take 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:hug: thanks ali! i've always known you as the cool and friendly rocks girl :D well, before i spent superthread time talking to you directly more!
Aw, ta... :hug:

I don't even consider if anyone's heard of me or whatever... It's not like I go out of my way to be noticed or anything.

Rocks... :drool:

I love how some people have apparently been intimidated/afraid of me. I'm the one who should be afraid of the rest of you lot, judging by the never-ending Pwn Ax Nights!
Oh, FFS... It's the internet, people! Why be intimidated by words on a screen? I'm hardly the most confident person in the world, and I'm rather socially awkward, but I'm safe behind my screen!

And tonight, it is Pwn Ax's Grammar by a non-native English speaker... :love:

lhc
:lol:

Rocks... :drool:

Oh, FFS... It's the internet, people! Why be intimidated by words on a screen? I'm hardly the most confident person in the world, and I'm rather socially awkward, but I'm safe behind my screen!

:cute: nerd :cute:

:mac: and it's ALWAYS Pwn Ax night..

:shifty:

in bed :flirt:

Apparently large post counts and setlist knowledge are intimidating! Shame it probably won't scare away the over-the-top types during the next tour's setlist parties.

You know, a native speaker probably wouldn't have picked up on that, since we're so used to dodgy English from our fellow native speakers.

Oh, that reminds me of this: Fearing end of world, girl commits suicide in Madhya Pradesh-India-The Times of India

Some suicides are sad. Then there's that.

:wave:

GG is...

and sorry I didn't say Hi before! :wave: Hope you feel better... and a 10am gig sounds sucky. :(

Hey, that's no problem. Yeah. :(

I honestly hadn't noticed. *needs to open eyes*

Um, actually, it does. The sun doesn't go around the earth, true, but the sun itself does turn on its own axis.

:nerd:

:pwned:

EDIT: Oh sod off, there's no pwned smiley?

nerdiness! :love: which uni did you go to, ali? i don't know why i'm suddenly considering changing. ths une degree looks so different to my current one, and i can play with bones in it. BONES!!

good thing the dog ate it and you didn't :wink:

leftover pizza wouldn't last that long in my house! :drool: pizza!
I want pizza now... :drool:

:cute: nerd :cute:

:mac: and it's ALWAYS Pwn Ax night..

:shifty:

in bed :flirt:
He's all yours... as long as Serena's not here to stake her claim! :giggle:

Apparently large post counts and setlist knowledge are intimidating! Shame it probably won't scare away the over-the-top types during the next tour's setlist parties.
I guess now that I'm in the five-digit club, I'm not so intimidated... :lol:

You know, a native speaker probably wouldn't have picked up on that, since we're so used to dodgy English from our fellow native speakers.
I suspect you're right. I never learned English grammar in a formal, in-depth kind of way. We just got "adjective = describing word, noun = naming word, verb = doing word" ...

:lmao: I read that!

:love: So guys, the world has ended, how are y'all feelin' 'bout that?

:uhoh: I was actually sad they didn't show pics of the thing on the news... I'm such a nerd for these kinda thigns!

This may be cold, but my first reaction when I saw the article was "not a loss".

Goddamnit, Large Hadron Collider. My essays are still very much due!

Hey, that's no problem. Yeah. :(

I honestly hadn't noticed. *needs to open eyes*

:pwned:

EDIT: Oh sod off, there's no pwned smiley?
I didn't realise English was a second language to her until someone mentioned it, either. She probably speaks better than I do :D

... damn you and your scienciness.
:D

Go Science!

And go listen to a Tripod song on that CD that you're currently using as a coaster... Science Facts Are Useful... :nerd:

nerdiness! :love: which uni did you go to, ali? i don't know why i'm suddenly considering changing. ths une degree looks so different to my current one, and i can play with bones in it. BONES!!
I went to Monash (cue pwnage from snobby UniMelb Axver)... walked out with a geology degree which I never used. :lol:

Bones! :hyper: I got to play with some fossil bones... :love:

This may be cold, but my first reaction when I saw the article was "not a loss".

Goddamnit, Large Hadron Collider. My essays are still very much due!

:drool: LHC, that was it!

:hmm: Can we go sightseeing? Like a rollercoaster join in with all the colliding particles? :hyper:

I want pizza now... :drool:

I had pizza at uni. :drool:

(I didn't intend to. But I only had two slices of toast before I went in today, so by late afternoon, all I could think about was food.)

I suspect you're right. I never learned English grammar in a formal, in-depth kind of way. We just got "adjective = describing word, noun = naming word, verb = doing word" ...

Yep, same here. We had such a dodgy grammatical education. They seemed to just focus on spelling and that was it. And all those pointless lessons when I was about 6-7 on how to do handwriting as opposed to printing.

When I was learning German, I actually got an English grammar textbook as well just to catch up on some stuff I hadn't been taught. So did my friend. It was no coincidence that we ended up being the top two in the class by a considerable margin.

Hey Ali, you can make the Farnham Superthread tonight!
I KNEW you were going to say that. I need to sleep!! :crack:

:love: So guys, the world has ended, how are y'all feelin' 'bout that?

:uhoh: I was actually sad they didn't show pics of the thing on the news... I'm such a nerd for these kinda thigns!
It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine.... :wink:

Did you see that link I posted before? Allegedly a webcam at the LHC... :giggle:

lhc (just cos I still had it copied on my clipboard!)

I didn't realise English was a second language to her until someone mentioned it, either. She probably speaks better than I do :D

The best English I've ever heard in my life has been from Europeans who aren't native English speakers. For example, the Danish couple I hung out with at Auckland I probably spoke better English than anybody else in the stadium.

And go listen to a Tripod song on that CD that you're currently using as a coaster... Science Facts Are Useful... :nerd:

Speaking of them, they're performing one of the free Tuesday gigs at uni!

I went to Monash (cue pwnage from snobby UniMelb Axver)

You mean you went to Super TAFE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom