College Football 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ashley, your Horned Frogs are in a crazy one.

Texas Tech was up by 10 with something like four minutes left, I changed the channel to watch the end of Nebraska/Northwestern and suddenly.....you're in overtime.

Ashley, your Horned Frogs are in a crazy one.

Texas Tech was up by 10 with something like four minutes left, I changed the channel to watch the end of Nebraska/Northwestern and suddenly.....you're in overtime.

That ending was hard to watch. I didn't get TOO upset, but, obviously with two losses, and KState's insanity this year, you begin to doubt that you can win your division.

Oh well, with everything wrong (we had a major defensive player out of that game), I'm super impressed with my Horned Frogs, and I think this pretty much can shut every one up about how they were only good cause they were in a non-AQ. Way more impressive than Utah and BYU's first non-MWC seasons.

I think this pretty much can shut every one up about how they were only good cause they were in a non-AQ.

No offense, but they've gone from being a top 15 team four years straight to being unranked, and looking at their schedule I would guess 3-4 more losses. Really about what I would have expected.

Would be happy to be proved wrong. :shrug:

Are you serious? We went from being a top-15 team based on playing all shit teams to a team that lost by one score in three overtimes to the #17 team in the country. Nevermind the fact that this is the youngest team Patterson has ever coached, and the fact that we lost our quarterback to a bout of stupidity.

If we manage to go 2-3 against a pretty good OSU team, #13, #4, #24 and #9, I'll be just fine with that.

Are you serious? We went from being a top-15 team based on playing all shit teams to a team that lost by one score in three overtimes to the #17 team in the country. Nevermind the fact that this is the youngest team Patterson has ever coached, and the fact that we lost our quarterback to a bout of stupidity.

If we manage to go 2-3 against a pretty good OSU team, #13, #4, #24 and #9, I'll be just fine with that.

Exactly. TCU was a top 10 team in 2008-2010 playing all shit teams, and I think most people figured they would not have achieved those rankings playing in a major conference. Doesn't mean they're not a good team.

Being a good team and being deserving of a top 10 ranking are two different questions.

They won the Rose Bowl during that stretch. Didn't beat ALL shit teams that year. :shrug:

I've never seen a tougher schedule than TCU's this year. They're OK, but they will be lucky to win 6 or 7 games.

Look, I agree that they're a good team. Excellent defense over the past several years. I just don't think that the record they're probably going to finish with this year somehow justifies their rankings over the past few years. I don't think anyone ever said they weren't good enough to be a middle-of-the-pack Big 12 team, which is still where I expect them to finish.

And I'll be happy to come back in here and eat crow if they win out.

I don't see how TCU's record this year should justify or not justify their record/ranking of the past few seasons...not like its the same players there today as a couple years ago...Andy Dalton, Jerry Hughes and a few others have moved on.

I'm interested to see how ND plays Oklahoma tomorrow. BYU really should have beat ND last week, despite having a QB that couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Notre Dame's been living on the edge against the likes of Purdue, Stanford and BYU, there's a good chance Oklahoma blows them out.

Or not.

Didn't see the game, but was stunned by the score. They should win the next 3 (though Pitt is playing well suddenly) and head to USC at 11-0....if they run the table and win on the road at OKLA and USC, they're playing for the national title...which like it or not would be a huge ratings boost for the championship game.

It seems plausible that Bama, Oregon, KState and Notre Dame could all run the table. It likely won't happen, but if it did the BCS would be screwed and the playoff system would arrive a wee bit too late.

i got home and turned on the tv just as oklahoma was going in to tie it at 13 with 9 minutes to go.

after that it was a disaster for oklahoma. gave up a big play on defense, then a touchdown. got intercepted on their next drive, gave up a field goal. turned it over on downs, gave up another touchdown.

i guess notre dame is actually for real? :shrug:

the dream is over for USC, began the season at 1 or 2
will probably end it out of the top 20

L A fans, we always have UCLA

2nd time in two seasons Patterson goes for an insane 2pt conversion. I still can't breath.

Irish looking like a possibility.

Can Oregon pull off the hat-trick for me?

Back
Top Bottom