Cockburn Street, Edinburgh, Scotland Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of wasting too much time on silly fan stuff, I just indulged the setlist-making side of me that filled this forum with way too many posts a decade ago...

Perhaps it's because of Edge that this album seems to have the least clunkers and the most genuinely good lines since... well, Pop.

Also, I was just poking around in the bowels of Interference and here's a giggle. I think this is the first ranking of favourite U2 songs I ever made: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/f194/fave-songs-40547-6.html#post1251504

There are a number of WTF choices there and the absence of some of my biggest long-term favourites, but also a fair few examples of how the more things change, the more they stay the same.

I was just praying One be on this list, even young Ax hated it

Wouldn't a Worst U2 Song Title Survivor be great fun?

The modern songs would have that wrapped up so easily

It would be fascinating to see if any eighties or nineties song titles get half as much hate as the recent ones. Much as Songs of Innocence is possibly the best post-Pop album, it has the most stupid song titles.

Student's association released a report on the exam I did last week, can be summed up in two lines

The exam was stupidly vague and confusing about what they were asking you and what subject they were asking it in relation to
The exam was impossible to do in the time given

Makes me feel slightly better about the exam seeing that my feelings were common

On a slightly more cheery topic thank Christ it's the weekend, auditing training has been the slowest week of my life

Yay for the test being the problem!

On the subject of meet ups. Ashley, Travis...wanna do something for the AFL Grand Final? I believe it starts at 9:30pm LA time.
that sounds like a blast!

Wouldn't a Worst U2 Song Title Survivor be great fun?

Yesssssss

Yay for the test being the problem!

Yeah reading the report made me feel slightly better, just looking for the response from the institute on Monday where they say a lot of nothing at all and some crap about how every answer is judged on its own merits

Charlotte and I are listening to NLOTH for the first time in literally years.

OH GOD.

The first three songs? Those get a tick.

Fuck me Unknown Caller has aged badly.

Crazy Tonight is average but not that shit.

HOLY SHIT HOW WAS GET ON YOUR BOOTS A SINGLE?

OH FUCK ME STAND UP COMEDY MAKE THIS END.

Crazy Tonight was like...so much better live...so much...

GOYB was cheesy as all Hell but kinda decent
Stand Up Comedy might be the Worst song they ever recorded god i'm embarrassed

like i'm actually getting defensive of Songs Of Innocence because i actually ended up liking it but i kinda had it in the back of my head that NLOTH was better but na...it's not...

I seemed to recall the end of SUC wasn't as bad as the rest of the song but I WAS WRONG. SO WRONG. OH GOOD GRIEF. THIS SONG IS AN AURAL HEADDESK.

Stand Up Comedy might be the Worst song they ever recorded god i'm embarrassed

A Room at the Heartbreak Hotel rang. So did Elvis Ate America.

like i'm actually getting defensive of Songs Of Innocence because i actually ended up liking it but i kinda had it in the back of my head that NLOTH was better but na...it's not...

This is just what I was thinking. Why was I agonising over whether SOI was better than NLOTH? It's so fucking obvious that SOI is better.

Oh thank god Fez just started. Save me from the mid-album shitfest. Please don't betray me and suddenly be shit.

I went out wandering through streets paved with CHARLOTTE'S WRONG
Lifted the stones, saw the skin and bones of a CHARLOTTE WITHOUT A SOUL
I went out wandering under an atomic sky where CHARLOTTE'S SO WRONG
And the rain it burns like the OPINIONS YOU HAVE THAT SUCK
Yeah I went with nothing, nothing but YOUR SHITTY OPINIONS
I went wandering

Thank FUCK for Fez and White As Snow. I was about to despair there.

he's singing lemon in a shitty falsetto because i forgot to buy lemons r i p me

My finest hour right here, people, and you're all missing it.

Oh hi Breathe. Remember when EVERYBODY HAD STUPID FUCKING COCKATOO AVATARS? Fuck these lyrics are so fucking dumb OH MY GOD. This makes Songs of Innocence look golden.

Stand Up Comedy used to be my favourite song on that album for a short while. I think there's this novelty factor "haha this is fun" about it that very quickly disappeared into a cringing mess very soon.

Imagine if U2 had followed the musical direction indicated by The Ground Beneath Her Feet.

MAYBE THEN WE WOULDN'T BE EMBARRASSED TO MENTION THEM TO OTHER PEOPLE.

MAYBE THEN WE WOULDN'T BE LAUGHING AT A SHITTY 2009 ALBUM.

God why did nobody warn me about how bad this would sound five years later?

Stand Up Comedy used to be my favourite song on that album for a short while. I think there's this novelty factor "haha this is fun" about it that very quickly disappeared into a cringing mess very soon.

I'm glad you got that brain damage fixed.

What a waste of Edge's riff though. He should sue Bono. Fuck me I didn't think I could cringe that much. And I'd already cringed a lot during Unknown Caller and Get On Your Boots.

(How fucking stupid are the lyrics of GOYB? Surely, SURELY they won't play that this tour. Bono don't make a fool of yourself. A bigger fool than you already are anyway.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom